Sponsored by:

Manual Trans - Cost & Specs

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 11:00 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
6 MT would be great but any manual at all will be a big win, the way things are going.

God bless,
TT
It will be a 7 speed manual for the non GT cars.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Gobbi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So long... Left Out, Right In... and I'm feeelling nubbin!!! The guy in glasses was responsible for 918 launch (it has nubbin)
Old 12-24-2018, 10:21 PM
verstraete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by gary.lee
It amazes me how many ppl are asking for manual. I guess none of you live in LA.
Don't live in LA, but make regular weekday trips from NE PA to Manhattan. Leaving during the afternoon rush hour means a 1 to 2 hour stop and go literal crawl to the Lincoln Tunnel with merging lane chaos. 10 mph would feel like flying. Never had any problem handling it with a MT. That includes several Porsches, a Camaro Z28, a Pontiac GTO, and a few Volvos. Of course, I have been driving MT vehicles for 60+ years, beginning with farm trucks with non-synchro crash box transmissions. Try that at slow speed on a steep Vermont side hill while trying to maintain position alongside a tractor with a corn chopper blowing chopped corn into the back of the truck. Makes stop and go traffic in a MT Porsche seem like a piece of cake.

Last edited by verstraete; 12-24-2018 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:00 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by verstraete
Don't live in LA, but make regular weekday trips from NE PA to Manhattan. Leaving during the afternoon rush hour means a 1 to 2 hour stop and go literal crawl to the Lincoln Tunnel with merging lane chaos. 10 mph would feel like flying. Never had any problem handling it with a MT. That includes several Porsches, a Camaro Z28, a Pontiac GTO, and a few Volvos. Of course, I have been driving MT vehicles for 60+ years, beginning with farm trucks with non-synchro crash box transmissions. Try that at slow speed on a steep Vermont side hill while trying to maintain position alongside a tractor with a corn chopper blowing chopped corn into the back of the truck. Makes stop and go traffic in a MT Porsche seem like a piece of cake.
60+ years is about as long as I've been shifting, too. This afternoon a young friend told me his daughter has decided on a car with MT as her college graduation present...she didn't cost her parents a cent in college as she worked her way through school and the car is her reward. Maybe MTs are staging a comeback?

God bless,
TT
Old 12-25-2018, 12:03 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
60+ years is about as long as I've been shifting, too. This afternoon a young friend told me his daughter has decided on a car with MT as her college graduation present...she didn't cost her parents a cent in college as she worked her way through school and the car is her reward. Maybe MTs are staging a comeback?

God bless,
TT
Maybe she doesn't want her boyfriend driving it and a MT will be her excuse so she doesn't just have to say no?
Old 12-25-2018, 12:31 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by skiahh
Maybe she doesn't want her boyfriend driving it and a MT will be her excuse so she doesn't just have to say no?
Good point!

God bless,
TT
Old 12-28-2018, 10:50 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,623 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by Gobbi
So long... Left Out, Right In... and I'm feeelling nubbin!!! The guy in glasses was responsible for 918 launch (it has nubbin)
This is the guy who is designing the autonomous 911:

Old 01-07-2019, 02:46 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 138 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by gary.lee
It amazes me how many ppl are asking for manual. I guess none of you live in LA.
If you're a manual guy you're a manual guy......
Old 01-07-2019, 04:06 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by 911boy
If you're a manual guy you're a manual guy......
Amen!

God bless,
TT

Quick Reply: Manual Trans - Cost & Specs