992 mods and tuners - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911

992 mods and tuners

Old 01-08-2019, 02:31 AM
Northquest
User

Default 992 mods and tuners

Thought we could have a thread for listing mods and tuner solutions as they become available as well as describe what we would like to see or what we plan on doing when our cars are delivered.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:39 AM
Northquest
User

Mine will get a suspension upgrade. A new, soon to be released, active JRZ shock, will be installed and T▄V approved.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:16 AM
Psorcery
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dear Diary.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:31 PM
garfunkle
User

It's sad to see the aftermarket options and new stuff for the 991.1 come to a halt but such is life.

The typical players with have exhaust components but this may take a little longer than usual due to the stupid particulate filter. (Side note - what's going on in California right now with all the "noise" around any aftermarket exhausts being illegal?) Nobody knows what the particulate filter really means but I bet if it's an easy deletion that the sound and power will be a pretty good gain in addition to pretty significant weight saving.

Tuning will be more complicated - we still haven't seen easy access to the 991.2 with a handheld consumer flash.

Wheels - this will be abundant but the new wheels are some of the best options the 911 has ever had IMO.

Likely filters and IPD plenum since they're the same as the 991.2

Most of this I'd be very weary of for the first year or so since even exhausts typically go through a few revisions and the first ones becoming obsolete.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:31 PM
medimpo
User

I am planning to remove the PORSCHE characters from the back. Through the long waiting period with spy photos I got used to the back without it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: