Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hate the 992??! OFFICIAL VENTING THREAD # Ultimate bashing allowed. Step in the ring.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 10:19 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Great, let's start trolling the 918 guys, since it's getting old trolling the 992 guys.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:49 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Great, let's start trolling the 918 guys, since it's getting old trolling the 992 guys.

How's it trolling?? Can't talk about he new car and if it isn't all unicorns and rainbows it's trolling??

Supposed to drink the Porsche Kool Aid everytime they put something out?? Line up ready to write a check? Geez, you'd think some are brainwashed here or part of a cult.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:57 AM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by STG
How's it trolling?? Can't talk about he new car and if it isn't all unicorns and rainbows it's trolling??

Supposed to drink the Porsche Kool Aid everytime they put something out?? Line up ready to write a check?
At least all the trolling is staying in one place, for the most part now. So, we at least have that going for the new 992 Forum. But, yeah, go starta post in the Supercars Forum, and tell those guys their gear shift **** is ugly. You're a very smart guy, you know the definition of trolling.

You are out of the 911 game, anyways. So you are never going to buy a new 911 again? Porsche is not going to go back, only forward. Are you going to go back and get into a 997 or 991.1. Should have never sold your .1.

Am I ready to wrie a check, you ask? I haven't seen the car yet. I haven't driven the car yet, either. Have you? But, I've never purchased the first model year of a Porsche. I always wait at least one turn. I still want to see what Porsche does with the GT3, too. And I'm not done enjoying my current 991. Probably do something in 2020 or 21.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:42 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by arek
I on the other hand don't mind the look of it but will miss being able to shift manually using the lever. Paddles are great on a track but I prefer using the lever on normal roads in 991.
I will miss it too.

Pete Stout started an (excellent) thread https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1124...-in-992-a.html

He made the point that manually shifting only via paddles encourages you to keep both hands on the wheel. That's tough to argue with. I'm afraid that argument also means that manual transmissions are fundamentally a bad thing. If that is really part of Porsche's thought process, then the MT is at risk! (look, I can be a troll too!)

But I'd rather troll the 918 owners about that ugly shifter - but only on this thread where they won't read it. I love this thread.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:46 AM
STG
Race Director

So Lex, out of the dozens of other threads which you could also offer your positivity, you decide to troll a thread yourself in which you don't agree with with opinions of others? You don't even offer opinions, only "troll policing".

Didn't realize I need a Rennlist dating profile in order to voice my opinions here. Incase you forgot, who's the one who offered a ton of content and started the 992 SPY SHOT thread?? Didn't see any of your praises there.

If you want to become a moderator, I'd suggest you apply for the position. Until then, everyone can have an opinion.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:01 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by STG
So Lex, out of the dozens of other threads which you could also offer your positivity, you decide to troll a thread yourself in which you don't agree with with opinions of others? You don't even offer opinions, only "troll policing".

Didn't realize I need a Rennlist dating profile in order to voice my opinions here. Incase you forgot, who's the one who offered a ton of content and started the 992 SPY SHOT thread?? Didn't see any of your praises there.

If you want to become a moderator, I'd suggest you apply for the position. Until then, everyone can have an opinion.
You have selective reading.

I answered your questions. You skipped mine. That's cool. No problem there.

But you're still trolling. But at least it's now more confined to one thread, and that's good for RL. That was the purpose of this specific thread.

So, when are you going to view, drive and sit in a 992?

I Moderate other car Forums. I hear the RL pay is excellent, but I have a business to run, and no additional time.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:07 PM
STG
Race Director

If I'm trolling then you're stalking. First was Chuck911, then R_Rated, and who knows who else. I guess me now.

I'll check out the car when it shows up at a local dealership. I'm not blind or stupid and my opinion won't change. After all, we have videos and the best pictures in the world. I think one can form a pretty good opinion on what the car looks like. You think???

Anyway, hope your day gets better.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:10 PM
STG
Race Director

Also interesting for a thread that nobody likes, it's the #1 viewed thread on the whole 992 forum. Guess trolls love company.

Anyone can go dig up the "Love the 992" thread to spread the love anytime they want (Lex) included.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:13 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by STG
Also interesting for a thread that nobody likes, it's the #1 viewed thread on the whole 992 forum. Guess trolls love company.
That's because after all these years, you still have not figured out the "edit post" button.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:33 PM
STG
Race Director

Here Lex, want some German eye candy since the 992 is so hard on the eyes?? Enjoy. Oh yeah, she's single now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-single.html

Name:  photo61.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  853.4 KB
Old 01-23-2019, 01:01 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,146 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
If I'm trolling then you're stalking. First was Chuck911, then R_Rated, and who knows who else. I guess me now.

I'll check out the car when it shows up at a local dealership. I'm not blind or stupid and my opinion won't change. After all, we have videos and the best pictures in the world. I think one can form a pretty good opinion on what the car looks like. You think???

Anyway, hope your day gets better.
Anyone that doesn't drink some of the Kool-aid I think. I came here after Rated and Chuck911 and it looks like they were kind of attacked for not liking certain things. In my reading it doesn't appear as though they even initiated it 99% of the time. Kind of a mob mentality, no? Are they ever going to be allowed back? I have some questions based on some of their old threads.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:04 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Anyone can go dig up the "Love the 992" thread to spread the love anytime they want (Lex) included.
Drama and internet bitch sessions certainly seem to get the views, both of which you appear decent at. Add a little sour grapes, insecurity/inferiority complex and whalla. Congrats on your momentous achievement!
Old 01-23-2019, 01:24 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by garfunkle
Are they ever going to be allowed back? I have some questions based on some of their old threads.
I'll offer a little history here quickly.

Chuck911 is still an active RL'er. He's never driven or owned a 991. All we ever did was keep that in perspective on the 991 Forum, to keep balance to his comments and advice.

R_Rated was an insensate troll (with other infractions after he was banned), who was warned by the Mods many times, put on vacation, came back, came back again and made apologies, and trolled some more. He did the same on 6Speed, and was quickly banned there too, FYI. That’s says a lot when you get banned again so quickly. I’ve never posted on 6Speed nor registered.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:28 PM
STG
Race Director

Very entertaining how bent out of shape some people get over a thread they could easily not click on. Quite hilarious.

Wish Chuck911 would resurface then. Haven't seen him for a while. R_Rated was a classic. Lots of good laughs there, but rubbed some people the wrong way. RIP.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:30 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,146 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Very entertaining how bent out of shape some people get over a thread they could easily not click on. Quite hilarious.

Wish Chuck911 would resurface then. Haven't seen him for a while. R_Rated was a classic. Lots of good laughs there. RIP.
I'm not sure why people get upset about the bashing of the 992 in this thread, given the title. Kind of like an anti gun person being mad about picking up a guns an ammo magazine and being upset about being guns inside.

Quick Reply: Hate the 992??! OFFICIAL VENTING THREAD # Ultimate bashing allowed. Step in the ring.