Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992.2 GT3 Touring Allocations

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM
veo
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't think anyone has mentioned yet, but 992.2 GT3 will be introduced in Chinese market this time. The 992.1 GT3 was not available in China.

It is possible that allocations will be harder to get compared to 992.1 because PAG is supplying Chinese market now.
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Originally Posted by veo
I don't think anyone has mentioned yet, but 992.2 GT3 will be introduced in Chinese market this time. The 992.1 GT3 was not available in China.

It is possible that allocations will be harder to get compared to 992.1 because PAG is supplying Chinese market now.
You're saying China didn't get any .1 GT3s? Not that I don't believe you, but that's very hard to believe.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
veo
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
You're saying China didn't get any .1 GT3s? Not that I don't believe you, but that's very hard to believe.
Yes, China didn't get any .1 GT3s. Porsche China does not list any GT3 or GT3 RS on their configurator: https://www.porsche.com/china/en/

Also, the 992.1 GT3 RS was only available as a limited non-street legal track car from motorsport department: https://www.porsche.com/china/en/abo...=china&lang=en
The following users liked this post:
subshooter (Yesterday)
Old Today, 12:31 AM
Stephen Shi
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
.1 was not officially introduced to china but it can be imported thru non official channels. .2 is gonna be sold officially tho. But china’s retaliation on European cars can make the gt3 more expensive due to punitive taxes. Porsche will churn out more .2 than .1 for sure as the gt3 is cash cow. So i dont think it will be harder to get in other markets.
Old Today, 06:13 AM
Tour the Ring
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
I don’t know how the process is done globally and I guess it differs. Surely when there is another porsche company in the middle eg PCNA

But (some) dealers have already gotten their allocations eg Dealer X will be getting for example 7 winged cars and 6 touring cars in Jan, x and x in Feb, x and x in March. Dealers usually ask for more and they get less - at least for this car. Is there any other way to start manufacturing a mass market complicated machine on a global base?

At the end of the day PAG is exchanging info with the dealers in order to sync production (supply) with demand. And simply this process does not start on the 18th.

If you want to take it a step further there is also an internal configurator where dealers configure internally the cars. This also does not “activate” on the launch date.

This is of course how I imagine that it works
Yeah that production slots are given is one thing and dealers could promise these to their customers but it's not an official order nor a confirmation as this is only possible with the sos as it was assured to me.
The rest is dealer own handling with their customers. Sometimes even additional slots pop up where I refused it as at same time I got the wp info on the .2. But on the other side the design changes done to the rear end with the porsche lettering and the gts front end gives me some shivers and I m afraid the .2 touring front end looks wouldn't be that nice as the . 1. Particular with the cheap full digital display, cheap start button etc pp.

Last edited by Tour the Ring; Today at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply: 992.2 GT3 Touring Allocations