Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Convenience Features - Mod thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2024, 01:27 AM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Received 850 Likes on 374 Posts

Just looking through the IPC at PNs - my 2023 992 TTS with heated / cooled / memory seats controller PN is 992 959 760 B - the GT3 w/ 18 ways controller is PN PAB 959 760 E. I need to look at the actual controllers though - they still might be the same . . . I have a set of Taycan memory seats here in Wyoming - if I recall, the controller was the same as my TTS, but I'll verify. . .
Old 06-02-2024, 01:43 AM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Interesting . . . from these photos, it appears that they might be the same Continental PN - 4M6 959 760 B . . . that would be great news. Will be interesting to see if they will program. I need to pull the seats on my 992 S that I'm dismantling right now - it has 14 way heated / cooled / memory seats . . . probably the same controller as the TTS.

This is the Taycan memory controller - 4M6 959 760 B

I found this photo, and I believe this is the controller from the GT3 18 ways . . PN 4M6 959 760 B
Old 06-02-2024, 01:50 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,632 Likes on 726 Posts

The PODS controller also showed same part number but I couldn’t get the 4 way controller to work with buckets.
Old 06-02-2024, 01:52 AM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

the PODs controllers have different "dash" numbers between the 18 ways and buckets - they are tuned to a specific sensor pad it seems. The Taycan PODs sensor has the same issue, and I haven't been able to get it to calibrate yet, but i have a few more things I need to try before I give up on that one . . .

Old 06-14-2024, 12:30 PM
Simonn
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Following, tried to send you a DM, wasn’t able to, I guess due to not enough post?

Love the effort you’re putting in to this build and am doing a similar project with power mirrors and 360 cam. If you could DM me I had a couple questions I’d love to get your help on

thanks,

simon
Old 06-30-2024, 11:59 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Been playing around with my new 3D scanner this weekend - I had a scanner at work about 10 years ago, and gave up on it as it was practically worthless. The technology really has dramatically changed! My first project was to scan the LWCB shell in order to import the solid model into solidworks to assist in designing the adapter rails - my idea is to adapt the LWCB seats to a 992 generation motorized rail so that we can have tilt, memory, and some of the other nice features. I have several 992 rails - from a Taycan - identical to the 911 version. I'm fairly pleased with the first result! The real steep learning curve is using the 3D editing software such as blender to refine these models - I poked around a bit with blender, but it's a bit too much for me to dive into right now. The model directly from the scanner will be more than adequate for my solidworks design. If I wanted to print these, it would probably be a different story as I'm sure the geometry is not suitable for 3D printing . . .

Next step is to scan the bottom rails, motors, and gear arms that I will retain - one these are scanned, I can import into solidworks as an assembly, and design the new adapter rails, print them out on my 3D printer, and then machine them on my HAAS . . . Game On!! Rennlist won't let me upload .stl files, so if anyone want the solid model, please PM me and I'll email it to you.

The following 3 users liked this post by f4bones:
dixonk (07-01-2024), M3Inline6 (07-02-2024), wageslave (07-01-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 12:54 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by f4bones
Been playing around with my new 3D scanner this weekend - I had a scanner at work about 10 years ago, and gave up on it as it was practically worthless. The technology really has dramatically changed! My first project was to scan the LWCB shell in order to import the solid model into solidworks to assist in designing the adapter rails - my idea is to adapt the LWCB seats to a 992 generation motorized rail so that we can have tilt, memory, and some of the other nice features. I have several 992 rails - from a Taycan - identical to the 911 version. I'm fairly pleased with the first result! The real steep learning curve is using the 3D editing software such as blender to refine these models - I poked around a bit with blender, but it's a bit too much for me to dive into right now. The model directly from the scanner will be more than adequate for my solidworks design. If I wanted to print these, it would probably be a different story as I'm sure the geometry is not suitable for 3D printing . . .

Next step is to scan the bottom rails, motors, and gear arms that I will retain - one these are scanned, I can import into solidworks as an assembly, and design the new adapter rails, print them out on my 3D printer, and then machine them on my HAAS . . . Game On!! Rennlist won't let me upload .stl files, so if anyone want the solid model, please PM me and I'll email it to you.
I hope you plan on making and selling them. Money maker for sure.
Old 07-02-2024, 01:28 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

If there is interest, I'll make up a run of adapter rails - I plan on machining them out of titanium just because. Very interesting that @dixonk has verified that memory seats are a simple mod by changing the door card harness (or adding a few wires), and a switch panel. The most difficult part of this project for others looking to duplicate will be sourcing the appropriate 992 motorized rails, but the Taycan ones should work. I will also look into using new Porsche rails to see how expensive this would be, Overall, this will be a very nice mod for those wishing to keep LWCBs, but have adjustable tilt, and also memory function. Negligible weight penalty for the motors - less than 5 lbs / seat.
Old 07-02-2024, 01:33 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

If there is interest, I'll make up a run of adapter rails - I plan on machining them out of titanium just because. Very interesting that @dixonk has verified that memory seats are a simple mod by changing the door card harness (or adding a few wires), and a switch panel. The most difficult part of this project for others looking to duplicate will be sourcing the appropriate 992 motorized rails, but the Taycan ones should work. I will also look into using new Porsche rails to see how expensive this would be, Overall, this will be a very nice mod for those wishing to keep LWCBs, but have adjustable tilt, and also memory function. Negligible weight penalty for the motors - less than 5 lbs / seat.

Yes correct. Parts needed would be a corresponding door card harness and seat memory switch. There is gloss and Matte options available. It installs very easily. You simply need to make sure you order for the right harness based on your stereo option. If you have Bose you need a harness for a seat memory car with Bose. If you have Burmeister then get a harness with memory for that. Or you can simply cut and splice the connectors as it’s just a 2 wire speaker wire.

In PIWIS set maintenance of information to seat memory. Go into modules and code Sitzmem Fahrer and Tuer Fahrerseite. You can also go into BCM and turn on the acoustic confirmation so it beeps when you set the memory.

Right now I am trying to see if it is possible to set comfort entry without the capacitive touch door handles. Doesn’t look likely but sometimes I do have a eureka moment in PIWIS.
The following users liked this post:
f4bones (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 01:36 PM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

I bought the capacitance handles and got them painted - on my to do list! Great work in getting this figured out - such a simple no-brainer - its hard to believe this isn't standard . .
dixonk (07-02-2024)
Old 07-02-2024, 04:12 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

I bought the capacitance handles and got them painted - on my to do list! Great work in getting this figured out - such a simple no-brainer - its hard to believe this isn't standard . .
Yeah the weight difference is hardly a concern. 4 wires and 3 buttons. Maybe grams? But now I can get in and out without rubbing on the bolsters and hitting the steering wheel.
Old 07-02-2024, 04:58 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dixonk
Yeah the weight difference is hardly a concern. 4 wires and 3 buttons. Maybe grams? But now I can get in and out without rubbing on the bolsters and hitting the steering wheel.
Wait. You already did this? Works np? That's awesome. Let me get these part #s together.
Old 07-02-2024, 07:36 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Wait. You already did this? Works np? That's awesome. Let me get these part #s together.
Memory switch is 992-962-128-H-6N3 the 6N3 is matte black.

For the door card harness part number is V04015358 A, B, or C depending on stereo option. @f4bones may have insight as to which letter corresponds to which. Another option is to just pin the 4 missing wires on the harness you have.

Old 07-02-2024, 07:46 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

For the door card harness part number is V04015358 A, B, or C depending on stereo option. @f4bones may have insight as to which letter corresponds to which. Another option is to just pin the 4 missing wires on the harness you have.
Thanks!
dixonk (07-02-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 01:35 AM
PLYR007
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

oh man this is a game changer. Just for clarification, comfort entry works without the capacitive touch handle and no need to change the seat module? Just the memory buttons and harness swap? Thank you both for the great info

Quick Reply: GT3 Convenience Features - Mod thread