Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 GT3 Touring - ResoNix - Unwanted Rattle & Resonance Reduction

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 11:46 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 733 Posts

That cab is completely different. Mine doesn’t have a rear seat either which I completely forgot you had.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:26 PM
EMdoc
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Does the carpet panel (where normally the seats would be) simply lift up? I didn't want to break any clips but thought to throw some CLD squares under the carpet. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by dixonk
Oh on the cabs I don’t know. On coupes there is a cover in the very rear that pulls straight out and is held on by a tether. The rear parcel shelf is held on by the anchors which pop off with a trim tool but looking at the pics the rear side covers can be removed with the carpet still in place. See below pictures showing where the panel is hooked on to as well as rearward panel that needs to come off.

Old 01-09-2024, 08:31 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EMdoc
Does the carpet panel (where normally the seats would be) simply lift up? I didn't want to break any clips but thought to throw some CLD squares under the carpet. Thanks again!
There are two tabs that go into the center console. The rest of it just rests in place with Velcro and weight. Be careful about the clips in the center console, pull it back and out and not straight up.
The following users liked this post:
EMdoc (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 08:35 PM
EMdoc
Instructor

There are two tabs that go into the center console. The rest of it just rests in place with Velcro and weight. Be careful about the clips in the center console, pull it back and out and not straight up.
Thank YOU! Such a great help. I did the dash trim pieces yesterday and copied what you had done and posted in the photos! Haven't had a chance to take it out for a drive yet.
dixonk (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 08:45 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EMdoc
Thank YOU! Such a great help. I did the dash trim pieces yesterday and copied what you had done and posted in the photos! Haven't had a chance to take it out for a drive yet.
It was oddly satisfying for me chasing down these little squeaks and rattles. It’s so nice going down the road and only hearing induction and exhaust and having the satisfaction of knowing how to solve these issues without a dealer visit which never results in anything.

if it resonates : CLD
if it rattles : CCF
if it squeaks : butyl rope

Resonix has been an educational experience.
The following 3 users liked this post by dixonk:
AbsolutelyNobody (01-09-2024), Anu2g (01-09-2024), EMdoc (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 09:07 PM
EMdoc
Instructor

It was oddly satisfying for me chasing down these little squeaks and rattles. It’s so nice going down the road and only hearing induction and exhaust and having the satisfaction of knowing how to solve these issues without a dealer visit which never results in anything.

if it resonates : CLD
if it rattles : CCF
if it squeaks : butyl rope

Resonix has been an educational experience.
100%! Would not have tackled this if you didn't post the tips and advice. I'm still waiting on my CLD squares for the doors though. They are out of stock. Will update later!
The following 2 users liked this post by EMdoc:
dixonk (01-09-2024), ResoNix Sound Solutions (03-05-2024)
Old 01-10-2024, 10:01 PM
distracteddev
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone have any ideas of what kinds of shops might do Resonix installations? Dealer said they would take a look under warranty but I am not confident.
Old 01-10-2024, 10:18 PM
ResoNix Sound Solutions
Former Vendor

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by distracteddev
Anyone have any ideas of what kinds of shops might do Resonix installations? Dealer said they would take a look under warranty but I am not confident.
Where are you located?
Old 01-11-2024, 11:50 PM
unvjustintime
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh on the cabs I don’t know. On coupes there is a cover in the very rear that pulls straight out and is held on by a tether. The rear parcel shelf is held on by the anchors which pop off with a trim tool but looking at the pics the rear side covers can be removed with the carpet still in place. See below pictures showing where the panel is hooked on to as well as rearward panel that needs to come off.

I fixed the noise in the 992 cab. That side panel seems impossible for a novice diy tech to attempt. I got a camera boro scope and it just showed how complicated it would be. The noise was from the god damn ambient lighting “fiber optic” piece of plastic rubbing on the plastic it sits on. It was squeak like crazy was so tough to pinpoint. Added adhesive felt for cushion problem seems absolutely resolved without taking the panel off. The tweeter cover had to be removed which is 5 clips and just an inconvenience. Thanks for motivation this god damn noise plagued every single car ride for the last 6-9 months. I couldn’t drive it with the top up. Sometimes in hot sun traffic for an hour you need that top up.

Last edited by unvjustintime; 01-11-2024 at 11:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by unvjustintime:
Diablo Dude (01-12-2024), dixonk (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 02:19 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by unvjustintime
I fixed the noise in the 992 cab. That side panel seems impossible for a novice diy tech to attempt. I got a camera boro scope and it just showed how complicated it would be. The noise was from the god damn ambient lighting “fiber optic” piece of plastic rubbing on the plastic it sits on. It was squeak like crazy was so tough to pinpoint. Added adhesive felt for cushion problem seems absolutely resolved without taking the panel off. The tweeter cover had to be removed which is 5 clips and just an inconvenience. Thanks for motivation this god damn noise plagued every single car ride for the last 6-9 months. I couldn’t drive it with the top up. Sometimes in hot sun traffic for an hour you need that top up.
Amazing how a small irritant like that can spoil the fun of the car and how satisfying it is to resolve it. It’s bliss. I also added CCF to that fiber optic area as well, but it was a since I already had it apart thing.
Old 01-12-2024, 01:42 PM
distracteddev
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ResoNix Sound Solutions
Where are you located?
Toronto, Canada
Old 03-02-2024, 08:33 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

I bought another GT3, this time a touring, and decided to do the Resonix solution yet again since I love the results of the last install. This time it took me around 4 hours to do the doors and rear of the car. No fender liners again. No less cuts on my hands and arms unfortunately lol.

As before the results are outstanding. Bass is good now, road noise and tire noise is minimal. Totally worth the 30lbs to have a rattle and squeak free cabin without the roar of the tires. The exhaust sounds so much nicer now as a bonus.

https://resonixsoundsolutions.com/shop-2/porsche-911-sound-deadening-kit/

Last edited by dixonk; 03-07-2024 at 10:35 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by dixonk:
AbsolutelyNobody (03-03-2024), Charcharius (03-05-2024), NRAzar (03-02-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 08:39 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

The following 4 users liked this post by dixonk:
AbsolutelyNobody (03-03-2024), Diablo Dude (03-02-2024), EMdoc (03-04-2024), ResoNix Sound Solutions (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 05:18 PM
ResoNix Sound Solutions
Former Vendor

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DButcher
I have door materials on the way via my Musicar kit but Nick from Musicar recommended this for the rest of the car. Do you have a kit or suggestion for amount of material for just wheel wells/rear in a 992 C4S?
Sorry for the late reply. I would still recommend everything that is in the 911 kit on the ResoNix website. Maybe less CLD Squares, but the kit is discounted enough to where it would cost more to do it that way. You will still need the ResoNix Guardian and the ResoNix Fiber Mat in the doors anyway, as the Musicar kit only comes with some of the CLD for the door skins.
Old 03-07-2024, 10:39 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ResoNix Sound Solutions
Sorry for the late reply. I would still recommend everything that is in the 911 kit on the ResoNix website. Maybe less CLD Squares, but the kit is discounted enough to where it would cost more to do it that way. You will still need the ResoNix Guardian and the ResoNix Fiber Mat in the doors anyway, as the Musicar kit only comes with some of the CLD for the door skins.
I’ve done the Musicar kit on a previous 992 and while it helps a little with resonance and helps a little with bass response it is not close to the doing the full resonix kit. There are only a handful of CLD strips and a few black hole tiles to put behind the woofer, and soundskinz for the door card and outer skin. The Musicar kit is lightweight and easy enough to install with minimal weight penalty but will not be the night and day difference that the full resonix solution will provide. The fibermat is really needed along with the guardian tiles. Bass response will be so much better and will completely remove the bad frequencies that make the driving experience suffer.
ResoNix Sound Solutions (03-08-2024)

Quick Reply: 911 GT3 Touring - ResoNix - Unwanted Rattle & Resonance Reduction