Sponsored by:

Throttle response delay on 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 03:15 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,015 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
There is no imbalance between the ECU and throttle opening. This device just tells the ECU that you are pressing the pedal down faster than you are - the system is not going to stumble if you put your foot down on the throttle pedal quickly, so it won't stumble with this device either. It just may have limited (or no) benefit...
It seems like this is just a case of trying it and seeing if it makes a difference.

Being that my car won't be here until the end of August I'd be willing to send my unit to someone to try, if they evaluate it and report back to the group here.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:48 PM
LJ-GT3
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I had the same issue with a 6spd M2 Competition. Leaving auto-rev match on, you could "heel and toe", throttle response worked well. Turned off, throttle response slow, fixed by "preloading throttle" under braking before downshifting. I also found leaving the feature on, I could still perform heel-toe, and if I timed it correctly, my input would override the ECU. In the M2, the rev-match was triggered when the shifter left the gate.

If you leave auto-rev match on in GT3, can you still "heel and toe" in the manner I described above?
Old 06-22-2022, 07:57 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,786 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Originally Posted by LJ-GT3
I had the same issue with a 6spd M2 Competition. Leaving auto-rev match on, you could "heel and toe", throttle response worked well. Turned off, throttle response slow, fixed by "preloading throttle" under braking before downshifting. I also found leaving the feature on, I could still perform heel-toe, and if I timed it correctly, my input would override the ECU. In the M2, the rev-match was triggered when the shifter left the gate.

If you leave auto-rev match on in GT3, can you still "heel and toe" in the manner I described above?
When you apply throttle (with or without brake) while Auto-Blip is on, it just overrides the Auto-Blip and acts as if it's off. But if you do it just right, you can usually double-clutch heel/toe (like going into 1st gear from ~20mph) and still have it match revs for you after the double clutch when you release the clutch for the last time.
The following users liked this post:
jayely1 (06-22-2022)
Old 06-22-2022, 08:28 PM
jayely1
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts

When you apply throttle (with or without brake) while Auto-Blip is on, it just overrides the Auto-Blip and acts as if it's off. But if you do it just right, you can usually double-clutch heel/toe (like going into 1st gear from ~20mph) and still have it match revs for you after the double clutch when you release the clutch for the last time.
so it's work around, kinda? Just by leaving autoblip on but overriding it by doing it yourself.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:31 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,786 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Originally Posted by jayely1
so it's work around, kinda? Just by leaving autoblip on but overriding it by doing it yourself.
It's still hit and miss - no silver bullet that I have found...
Old 06-23-2022, 08:10 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

It's still hit and miss - no silver bullet that I have found...
Do you want to try my Sprint Booster and see if it helps at all? I can send it to you - my car isn’t coming for a few weeks.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:40 AM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,108 Likes on 586 Posts

It’ll be an interesting experiment. My gut is it’s not going work because the ECU is really what’s the controlling engine speed not the actual throttlebody. But I could be wrong I often am.. carl
Old 06-24-2022, 03:25 PM
tareemaa
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
Do you want to try my Sprint Booster and see if it helps at all? I can send it to you - my car isn’t coming for a few weeks.
i plan on hitting my run in miles soon. I'll talk to them and have them reflash and see if it continues to happen, if it does, I'd be willing to try and report back.
Old 07-30-2022, 04:57 PM
jayely1
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts

Any update on this issue?
Old 07-30-2022, 06:19 PM
tareemaa
Rennlist Member

So it sounds like this is how the car is made, the cars computers are constantly intervening with the throttle response and it’s sounds like it’s going to be part of the driving experience. Kinda sucks but I guess I’m coming to terms with it, if anyone else finds a good solution I’d love to hear
Old 07-31-2022, 12:37 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tareemaa
So it sounds like this is how the car is made, the cars computers are constantly intervening with the throttle response and it’s sounds like it’s going to be part of the driving experience. Kinda sucks but I guess I’m coming to terms with it, if anyone else finds a good solution I’d love to hear
Again, I’ll gladly send you my sprintbooster to try out. 5 minute install and you can tell us first hand if it helps. My Touring was supposed to be completed on 7/29 but TYD has no new info - so I may be waiting until October.
Old 07-31-2022, 12:40 AM
tareemaa
Rennlist Member

So some idiot hit me yesterday, the car is going to be under the knife for a bit, I’m heart broken. Once I have it back I’ll reach out and give it a try.
Old 07-31-2022, 03:01 AM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,108 Likes on 586 Posts

So some idiot hit me yesterday, the car is going to be under the knife for a bit, I’m heart broken. Once I have it back I’ll reach out and give it a try.
sorry, how bad?
Old 07-31-2022, 11:08 AM
tareemaa
Rennlist Member

Hit my rear and front fender, damage looks rather minor but theres some rubber on my front rim that seems that it rubbed off from his tire as well, I’m hoping there’s no frame damage from that, the guys at the dealership didn’t think so. Hoping for only minor superficial stuff.
Old 07-31-2022, 05:04 PM
sparkhill
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 292 Posts

Hit my rear and front fender, damage looks rather minor but theres some rubber on my front rim that seems that it rubbed off from his tire as well, I’m hoping there’s no frame damage from that, the guys at the dealership didn’t think so. Hoping for only minor superficial stuff.
I would be really surprised there was any frame damage from your description of what sounds to be a fairly low speed impact. Sorry to hear the news.

Quick Reply: Throttle response delay on 6MT