Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911ST

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2023 | 12:31 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
Here we go again with the Viper talk. No one cares dude. Give it a rest.
I don't either.... just keeping the clicks alive.

Seriously though.... I've had the privilege of being and experiencing very high line vehicles, nothing compares.

Back to the ST, does it have cup holders?!
Old 09-01-2023 | 12:37 AM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
I don't either.... just keeping the clicks alive.

Seriously though.... I've had the privilege of being and experiencing very high line vehicles, nothing compares.

Back to the ST, does it have cup holders?!

Heated and cooled like the Gemera.
Old 09-01-2023 | 12:39 AM
ff2kracer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
I don't understand why people think the ST will be a raw experience?

I really hate to say this, but the 992 is NOT a raw machine. Frankly neither is the 4RS as many claim it is, it's sloppy.
Neither was the 991 but go watch the video of the R above... relative to pedestrian trim levels, that sure seems pretty raw.

How about we give the factory a chance and at least await some reviews before rendering judgment.
The following 2 users liked this post by ff2kracer:
kyrocks (09-01-2023), Ukkid74 (09-01-2023)
Old 09-01-2023 | 01:24 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Raw will be the wrong word for the ST, it’s “lively”
The following 2 users liked this post by cosmos:
993RR (09-01-2023), catdog2 (09-01-2023)
Old 09-01-2023 | 02:38 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
For the record pal, I think the new 911 ST is epic. But I dd Porsche and track Porsches and I’m not getting one.

the Doug demuro and Matt Farah’s and Chris harris’s ain’t getting one either.

So it’s just bubble wrapping clout chasers that are going to be getting them.

what part of that isn’t insanely lame? Explain that to me

Pretty sure if Doug actually wanted one, he can have one. He can afford a CGT, he certainly can afford a S/T. He used to work at PCNA, and still maintain connections. Just need some strings pulled. and PCNA isn't above strings being pulled. See Manny. Manny had no merits or stats to get inline, but he can pay ungodly ADM and people along the line to get in front. 935 is a prime example. It was a special project to reward Porsche's best racing customers. Last I check, Manny doesn't race, doesn't own a race team nor direct one. On the normal queue he is so far down the line you can't even see him. And what did he do once he got one? Promptly flip it.

Mr Harris is another that if he actually really want one, he has the connections, not via Porsche GB but Porsche AG. But is he willing to spend that kind of money on a car, that's another story.

Matt Farah on the other hand is hard to say. Does he have enough connections, he should. Money side however might not be wise for him to get such a car. His car storage business took a chunk on money to set up after all.

Old 09-01-2023 | 02:54 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
See Manny. Manny had no merits or stats to get inline, but he can pay ungodly ADM and people along the line to get in front. 935 is a prime example. It was a special project to reward Porsche's best racing customers. Last I check, Manny doesn't race, doesn't own a race team nor direct one. On the normal queue he is so far down the line you can't even see him. And what did he do once he got one? Promptly flip it.
So the question is, how does PCNA and Porsche AG deal with blatant VVIP/VIP flippers like Manny? They kicked 918 VIPs out of the program. Do they at some point black ball him from buying new "special" Porsches even if he's willing to stroke a big ADM check? In the US, it's not a matter of if you can get an allocation...it's more a question of how much of an ADM you'll need to folk over to get an allocation.

Last edited by usctrojanGT3; 09-01-2023 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-01-2023 | 07:58 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Let’s be realistic. People will generally pull whatever strings they (legally) can to get ahead in line to get the cars. And many will flip because it’s (legal) easy money. We’re all competing with each other to get the cars. Every time someone gets an allocation, that means someone else was deprived of having it. We’re not all one big happy family when it comes to this stuff.
Old 09-01-2023 | 08:07 AM
993RR
Burning Brakes

Porsche, Ferrari, Rolex, Patek, Hermes bags, Cabbage patch dolls, Xboxes..... story is the same one. It's the free market stupid, get over it. In the USSR, people waited many years for a Trabant and bought it at list.

"Manufactured by a state monopoly, acquiring a Trabant took about ten years.[10] East German buyers were placed on a waiting-list of up to thirteen years.[11] The waiting time depended on their proximity to Berlin, the capital.[6] Official stateprice was 7,450 GDR marks and the demand to production ratio was forty three to one (1989)".
Old 09-01-2023 | 11:07 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

I would love to see Manny's *** get kicked to the black list by Porsche. Cannot stand that tool.
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (09-01-2023)
Old 09-01-2023 | 11:11 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS
I would love to see Manny's *** get kicked to the black list by Porsche. Cannot stand that tool.
Do you have good reason to have such vitriol towards him?

He provided a lot of service to the Porsche community through his years of leadership in PCA, and keep in mind those are unpaid positions.
Old 09-01-2023 | 11:20 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
So the question is, how does PCNA and Porsche AG deal with blatant VVIP/VIP flippers like Manny? They kicked 918 VIPs out of the program. Do they at some point black ball him from buying new "special" Porsches even if he's willing to stroke a big ADM check? In the US, it's not a matter of if you can get an allocation...it's more a question of how much of an ADM you'll need to folk over to get an allocation.
Nothing.

It's good for business.
Old 09-01-2023 | 11:43 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

If you watch the two recent videos from The Hamilton Collection, he does a tour with Manny. In the video, Manny asks Steve if he has a GT3RS on order, and Steve says no, I refuse to pay ADM.

Manny says to him, oh, you don’t have relationships yet, you’ll get there eventually. Steve then asks if he pays ADMs, and Manny says no, he’s a VIP.

Now, I don’t think Manny means VIP as in 918 VIP, but the Porsche dealer he acquires his vehicles through, probably has a stake in other high line dealers that Manny buys from. Or they just see value in being able to sell numbered Porsches to him.

And the comments about Manny being a tool or should get beat up, I hope you’re not basing those feelings from the act out on for YouTube by many creators. I can see how some people get annoyed he gets the cool stuff and never drives it, but some homeless people probably get annoyed my kids order a meal at a restaurant and don’t even eat it.
The following users liked this post:
dixonk (09-01-2023)
Old 09-01-2023 | 11:49 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Do you have good reason to have such vitriol towards him?

He provided a lot of service to the Porsche community through his years of leadership in PCA, and keep in mind those are unpaid positions.
LOL you clearly know nothing about the guy and his scams. Not gonna waste any time discussing him further. Do a quick google if you're interested.

Last edited by PTS; 09-01-2023 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-01-2023 | 11:51 AM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shrimp money

And the comments about Manny being a tool or should get beat up, I hope you’re not basing those feelings from the act out on for YouTube by many creators. I can see how some people get annoyed he gets the cool stuff and never drives it, but some homeless people probably get annoyed my kids order a meal at a restaurant and don’t even eat it.
How did you get from calling him a tool to wishing violence on the guy? That's quite a leap.

I am a big fan of tons of youtube creators. Manny is a scammer.
Old 09-01-2023 | 11:57 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS
LOL you clearly know nothing about the guy and his scams. Not gonna waste any time discussing him further. Do a quick google if you're interested.
Actually, I know him personally. Nice guy. People who actually know him generally like and respect him.

Quick Reply: 911ST