Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Development Thread - Fabspeed

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 01:16 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

Fabspeed has alway stood behind their work and I have witnessed them go far beyond what I expected to make things right. I'm NOT sayin I think their engineering and manufacturing are above reproach but they have demonstrated that they care about relationships. I've had super negative run-ins with other groups advertising products in this 992 GT3 forum who I would put in the - "please know what you are getting into" bucket, but not Fabspeed.

As an example of something not publicized, Fabspeed sent a massive engraved plaque to the funeral/widow of a friend who passed from Stage 4 cancer a few years back.
The following users liked this post:
SharkBlue992 (11-05-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 03:49 PM
SharkBlue992
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been following the trail here and have to concur with the positives offered up for Fabspeed....how utterly ridiculous to even ignore the impact on what both business and people have gone through and continue to go through associated with the global pandemic, and recently a global supply chain disaster. These two things continue to impact every single person on this planet....do these folk not watch or listen to the news, do they have no empathy whatsoever about the difficulties we all continue to face...what is happening out there is the real life and death, and a small delay in the delivery of a luxury product impacted by these issues is not...so I suggest politely that you get a grip on reality.

I have dealt with Fabspeed across the whole period of me being involved in the performance car market, they offer up both the finest quality and performing products, their innovative designs have been copied the world over, the loyalty they have with their customer base is quite literally an inspiration.

No individual person or entity is 100% perfect, but Fabspeed have always strived to be the be as close to this as possible, they have a heritage and integrity that is as good as it gets.

I will continue to support Fabspeed as my supply partner of choice during these difficult times we live in.

Thank you Fabspeed team,

Old 11-05-2021, 03:53 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,411 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkBlue992
I have been following the trail here and have to concur with the positives offered up for Fabspeed....how utterly ridiculous to even ignore the impact on what both business and people have gone through and continue to go through associated with the global pandemic, and recently a global supply chain disaster. These two things continue to impact every single person on this planet....do these folk not watch or listen to the news, do they have no empathy whatsoever about the difficulties we all continue to face...what is happening out there is the real life and death, and a small delay in the delivery of a luxury product impacted by these issues is not...so I suggest politely that you get a grip on reality.

I have dealt with Fabspeed across the whole period of me being involved in the performance car market, they offer up both the finest quality and performing products, their innovative designs have been copied the world over, the loyalty they have with their customer base is quite literally an inspiration.

No individual person or entity is 100% perfect, but Fabspeed have always strived to be the be as close to this as possible, they have a heritage and integrity that is as good as it gets.

I will continue to support Fabspeed as my supply partner of choice during these difficult times we live in.

Thank you Fabspeed team,

How long have you worked at Fabspeed? Asking for a friend.
The following 4 users liked this post by LexVan:
997xpress (01-03-2022), FLT6SPD (12-09-2021), Reece Harvath (08-02-2022), zunayed (11-28-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 04:00 PM
Poupon McArr
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 81 Posts

Thank you Fabspeed team,
Suspicious first post, but I'll buy it.

BTW I agree. Though I can understand why he was upset, I think that one situation mentioned previously was a fluke/misunderstanding and won't be personally holding that against them.
The following 2 users liked this post by Poupon McArr:
Reece Harvath (08-02-2022), zunayed (11-28-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 04:12 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,411 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by Poupon McArr
Suspicious first post,
Ahhhhh, ya think!
The following 2 users liked this post by LexVan:
Reece Harvath (08-02-2022), zunayed (11-28-2021)
Old 11-05-2021, 04:26 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

ya, that was a little weird. I do stand by my point that they have demonstrated to me that they stand by their products. And you have to ask yourself, why would I say that...how do I have the experience to say that?
Old 11-17-2021, 01:38 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Every R&D project at Fabspeed begins with a baseline dyno run. The GT3 was no different!

We put 1100 break-in miles on the car and then let her rip on our in-house DynoJet. Take a listen

MiamiAnimalDoc (11-17-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 10:37 PM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Every R&D project at Fabspeed begins with a baseline dyno run. The GT3 was no different!

We put 1100 break-in miles on the car and then let her rip on our in-house DynoJet. Take a listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJMZjXKifc4
so it has roughly 50 less hp? I’m not sure how to interpret the numbers. The dyno reading were
452.66hp at engine (8300 rpm) and Torque is 324.26 (5860 rpm).
Old 11-17-2021, 11:06 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 248 Likes on 146 Posts

^That's what it puts down to the wheels. SAE, corrected so legit. It does look like it needs to breath a bit better so I/H/E, may see some good gains.
Fabspeed Motorsport (11-18-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 11:30 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Thank you Fabspeed team,
I can’t believe they denied the refund. That’s the cherry on the cake of egregious nonsense.
I won’t be buying from fabspeed now. I was planning on getting the center bypass.
Old 11-18-2021, 01:57 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by L2_ONBOARD
I can’t believe they denied the refund. That’s the cherry on the cake of egregious nonsense.
I won’t be buying from fabspeed now. I was planning on getting the center bypass.
No reason for this to come up again. No one was denied a refund, OP has even acknowledged everything was reconciled.

The only individuals still talking about it have zero relation to the situation, nor do they know the outcome.

There are plenty of opinions in this thread from individuals who have actually had an experience with us, Feel free to PM me and we can talk through your worries.
Old 11-18-2021, 02:00 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Captain P
so it has roughly 50 less hp? I’m not sure how to interpret the numbers. The dyno reading were
452.66hp at engine (8300 rpm) and Torque is 324.26 (5860 rpm).
Originally Posted by RealityGT
^That's what it puts down to the wheels. SAE, corrected so legit. It does look like it needs to breath a bit better so I/H/E, may see some good gains.
Precisely! We will have our Valvetronic system on the dyno this afternoon, should provide an important data point.
Old 11-18-2021, 04:34 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
No reason for this to come up again. No one was denied a refund, OP has even acknowledged everything was reconciled.

The only individuals still talking about it have zero relation to the situation, nor do they know the outcome.

There are plenty of opinions in this thread from individuals who have actually had an experience with us, Feel free to PM me and we can talk through your worries.
your responses through the whole thing are so incredibly entitled you’re just digging the hole deeper. The story itself from this customer didn’t deter me from ordering. Your responses are appalling and clearly devoid of a desire to be part of the solution. That’s the reason I’m out.

I am so grateful I got to read this before placing mine and others should think very carefully.

Last edited by User 81423; 11-18-2021 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2021, 05:06 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that Porsche has all sorts of witchcraft going on with these cars with respect to the airflow being forced into the intakes at speed and the way it moves through the intake to sort of build pressure almost like a super ram-air system to create power.

I wonder if this can ever be properly dyno'd.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wild Weasel:
RealityGT (11-18-2021), yojimbo007 (01-21-2022)
Old 11-18-2021, 05:14 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 248 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that Porsche has all sorts of witchcraft going on with these cars with respect to the airflow being forced into the intakes at speed and the way it moves through the intake to sort of build pressure almost like a super ram-air system to create power.

I wonder if this can ever be properly dyno'd.
That's a really good point. It would be good to see the plot with 0 smoothing, and maybe a few runs with a fan running from above the intakes....

I'm quite interested... may have a shot at one.. maybe. lol

Quick Reply: GT3 Development Thread - Fabspeed