Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

North American configurator on March 31st?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 06:23 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 634 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I didn't say that. The configurator was opened up in their system on the 22nd. I believe that dealers got their allocations on the 5th of March
I believe dealers were just told what to expect, but haven't actually gotten allocations that can be assigned to customers to build cars with a commission number yet.
The following users liked this post:
Ukkid74 (03-30-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 07:36 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
I believe dealers were just told what to expect, but haven't actually gotten allocations that can be assigned to customers to build cars with a commission number yet.
No body has posted that they have a commission number yet so I am sure that is the case.....however, the dealers are telling me that they have specific allocations and months assigned for those builds. I guess they just cant order them in the system yet but they can build them. I wonder why Porsche did this? Are they trying to gage demand first before setting and advertising the base price?
Juggy (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 08:59 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I've been in touch with several dealerships and here is what I can surmise. All allocations for the year have been given out for both the touring and the winged car. There are a couple of exceptions however. The franchise owners who are expanding their facilities to meet Porsches Gen 5 requirements are being rewarded with additional allocations later this year. I know two dealerships that fall into this category. I'm sure there are many. SAs have the ability to configure your car since March 22nd but still do not yet know the price of the car until it is officially announced. I'm guessing that will be on the 31st.
FYSA - As another data point, when I was at my dealer yesterday finalizing a Macan GTS build, I asked if he could configure a GT3 Classic for me that I could use as reference data for my future Touring build. (I have a confirmed Touring allocation from this dealer for an October PTS build.) He said that he could not because the dealership does not have an active GT3 configurator. I don't know if they were telling me the truth but they spent quite a lot of time with me bringing around a 992 Turbo with 18-ways and a 991 GT3 with LWBs for me to compare seat options on my future Touring build, amongst other things. I want to believe that they would have configured a GT3 for me if they could have done so. Then again, maybe they just didn't want to go to the effort.
Old 03-28-2021, 11:33 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 779 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
That's right. They get the number of cars they will get. Same happened for 991.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:04 AM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 201 Posts

HEAR YE, HEAR YE, with authority form everything that is Porsche, I therefore declare, that March 31, 2021 shall be "GT3 Configurator Day" .

It is further declared that said day, shall be a Porsche National Holiday, and everyone that is Porsche, shall spend their entire waking hours . . . configuring.

Eh man.
SantaFePorsche (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 03:20 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Why is this a thing when configurators from other countries are the same??

Maybe there is some interesting interior option when touring config comes out but otherwise what is the excitement?
The following 2 users liked this post by CAlexio:
evanescent03 (03-29-2021), tstafford (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 08:23 AM
Sausage416
Pro

Received 341 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio

Maybe there is some interesting interior option when touring config comes out but otherwise what is the excitement?

no more guessing MSRP?
Old 03-29-2021, 10:31 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Two models suggests different base MSRP. Unclear to me how a dealer can promise anything regarding build dates or PTS since all they have is PCNAs distribution of expected allocations.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:44 AM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 718 Likes on 337 Posts

I keep wondering the same thing myself. Most people expecting to receive a first round allocation will have already specced their cars using the UK/German configurator and simply need to copy/paste it into the NA version on March 31st.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:56 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

I would guess P notices touring values, and makes us pay more for the new one.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:20 PM
FourFourTwo
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMilford
FYSA - As another data point, when I was at my dealer yesterday finalizing a Macan GTS build, I asked if he could configure a GT3 Classic for me that I could use as reference data for my future Touring build. (I have a confirmed Touring allocation from this dealer for an October PTS build.) He said that he could not because the dealership does not have an active GT3 configurator. I don't know if they were telling me the truth but they spent quite a lot of time with me bringing around a 992 Turbo with 18-ways and a 991 GT3 with LWBs for me to compare seat options on my future Touring build, amongst other things. I want to believe that they would have configured a GT3 for me if they could have done so. Then again, maybe they just didn't want to go to the effort.
I believe you were told the truth by your dealer regarding the 2022 configurator. Dealers have been informed by Porsche on number of allocations to expect this next round. I’m not getting a GT3 , but was told the same story by my dealer for a MY 2022 Spyder allocation. It is supposed to be a July build, but my specs can’t be entered into the dealer’s ordering system until the configurator is live and the allocation is official, which is expected around March 31. This is what I was told at the beginning of this month.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:32 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,111 Likes on 1,427 Posts

Touring configurator will not go live on Wednesday with the winged car.

As mentioned above it will likely be a May launch. Configurator for Touring will be available after it is officially debuted.
lee88 (03-30-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 12:46 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
I keep wondering the same thing myself. Most people expecting to receive a first round allocation will have already specced their cars using the UK/German configurator and simply need to copy/paste it into the NA version on March 31st.
It's not like that at all. The packages are different. The standard options are different for each regional market. I'm sure we can get a rough feel of course.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:15 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
Touring configurator will not go live on Wednesday with the winged car.

As mentioned above it will likely be a May launch. Configurator for Touring will be available after it is officially debuted.
Correct. GT3 Classic should be on the U.S. configurator on Wednesday. PAG is not going to add the GT3 Touring to the configurator before it's even been revealed -- that wouldn't make sense.
Old 03-29-2021, 03:18 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Because now everyone can officially spec their Carrera white or Shark blue with steel brakes for real. You know, its their custom spec and all.
LLK (03-29-2021)

Quick Reply: North American configurator on March 31st?