Sponsored by:

Allocation + ADM?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 02:32 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Hey OP- just wanted to let my good friend Motorworks know that I wont be paying an ADM. He seems confused by my response but just responding to your question. That is the title of the thread right? Wondering what people are going to be paying as an ADM to get a new GT3?
The name of the thread was "Allocation + ADM?"

The author states, who's paying ADM and how much?

From reading this, where and how does this involve YOU? You're clearing not paying ADM; so why chime in? Except to say, "ha ha, not me I never pay ADM...Heaven forbid. I pay MSRP and get whatever I want, including these other cars."

capeesh?
Old 02-24-2021, 02:37 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Generally-speaking, I think it's a bit insensitive, unless directly asked, to borderline "brag" that one is getting these cars on a whim's desire when so many deserving folks are getting raped and going through unfair hoops trying to satisfy their whim's desire. That's all.

Sorry for the rant. thanks for the congrats. I hope yours is a cool spec as well.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:39 PM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Wow, surprised why you have to pay a deposit? Not you per say, dealers if they trust they don’t ask for a deposit. Never paid a deposit on a car.
I have a first run allocation and didnt pay a deposit.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:47 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,411 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Hey Yippie and Motorwerks, get a room already. Or post a dog picture.
The following 5 users liked this post by LexVan:
Freddie Two Bs (02-24-2021), goin2drt (02-24-2021), josephr25 (02-24-2021), rhk118 (02-24-2021), subshooter (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 03:05 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Hey Yippie and Motorwerks, get a room already. Or post a dog picture.
I’m good bro. Would respond seriously to my friend but hard to have a serious conversation with such n unserious individual. I’m doing my best to avoid the back and forth banter. All good. Onwards.
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 03:07 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
Generally-speaking, I think it's a bit insensitive, unless directly asked, to borderline "brag" that one is getting these cars on a whim's desire when so many deserving folks are getting raped and going through unfair hoops trying to satisfy their whim's desire. That's all.

Sorry for the rant. thanks for the congrats. I hope yours is a cool spec as well.
Where I'm from, car buying is pretty consensual.

Some people will pay ADM. Of those that do, some will not care (lots of $$, price for being first, etc.) and some will complain.
Some people will not pay ADM. Some have long term relationships, buy lots of cars, have a small dealer or just get lucky.

I don't get the angst and anger from people on the subject, no matter where you fit in (unless, I suppose, you're an ADM buyer who doesn't like it and want to grouse - but no one is making you pay).
evanescent03 (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 04:18 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Where I'm from, car buying is pretty consensual.

Some people will pay ADM. Of those that do, some will not care (lots of $$, price for being first, etc.) and some will complain.n
Some people will not pay ADM. Some have long term relationships, buy lots of cars, have a small dealer or just get lucky.

I don't get the angst and anger from people on the subject, no matter where you fit in (unless, I suppose, you're an ADM buyer who doesn't like it and want to grouse - but no one is making you pay).
These are first world problems right? Paying ADM for a car. First of all, buying a car, any car, is purely elective. Then to decide if you want to pay a premium on top of MSRP is also elective. Not sure why someone would allow themselves to "get raped" in trying to make an elective purchase. A bit overly dramatic imho, as if people are entitled to get a Porsche and entitled on top to get it at msrp. No one is entitled to anything. You can choose to pay a premium or not.

Instead- explore the alternatives that are available. There has been lots of rantings about used Aventadors but thats just one option. I guess the other options of buying a 991 GT3 were completely ignored when for all intents and purposes, its essentially the same car.

I really dont get the angst and anger either. If you wanna pay ADM- you are doing so willingly. I would never pay a premium for a car that will depreciate like every other car out there and that Porsche will churn out and make as many as they can. The GT3 is a great car. Its why Ill be buying my 3rd Porsche GT car because its well made, fun and drives great. But im also not myopic to think that there are no other alternatives. Lots of great options for enthusiasts to enjoy. What a great time to be a sports car enthusiast.
Maverick787 (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 06:04 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,196 Likes on 577 Posts

These are first world problems right? Paying ADM for a car. First of all, buying a car, any car, is purely elective. Then to decide if you want to pay a premium on top of MSRP is also elective. Not sure why someone would allow themselves to "get raped" in trying to make an elective purchase. A bit overly dramatic imho, as if people are entitled to get a Porsche and entitled on top to get it at msrp. No one is entitled to anything. You can choose to pay a premium or not.

Instead- explore the alternatives that are available. There has been lots of rantings about used Aventadors but thats just one option. I guess the other options of buying a 991 GT3 were completely ignored when for all intents and purposes, its essentially the same car.

I really dont get the angst and anger either. If you wanna pay ADM- you are doing so willingly. I would never pay a premium for a car that will depreciate like every other car out there and that Porsche will churn out and make as many as they can. The GT3 is a great car. Its why Ill be buying my 3rd Porsche GT car because its well made, fun and drives great. But im also not myopic to think that there are no other alternatives. Lots of great options for enthusiasts to enjoy. What a great time to be a sports car enthusiast.
Yes, I paid ADM for my Touring but I don't fully agree with what you are saying about depreciation. At the moment, I could get every penny I paid and then some for my PTS Touring. Will it be that way in 6 months? A year? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't care and the $10,000 ADM was worth every penny to me.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:39 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 352 Likes on 200 Posts

ADM = Additional Discount-Markdown. The $20k discount is a lark!

Porsche Langley in British Columbia has 3 on the showroom floor. CAD dollars BTW.
Hurry before they are gone! Or wait until the price crashes when Bitcoin crashes, LOL

evanescent03 (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 06:44 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
Yes, I paid ADM for my Touring but I don't fully agree with what you are saying about depreciation. At the moment, I could get every penny I paid and then some for my PTS Touring. Will it be that way in 6 months? A year? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't care and the $10,000 ADM was worth every penny to me.
The 991 Touring is probably the exception to the rule. But virtually all cars out there will depreciate. Im not against deprecaition- its the cost of enjoyment right? I just minimize it whenever reasonably possible. Hell- ive lost my *** on my Mclaren but worth every penny.

And as I stated, if you choose to pay an ADM, you do so willingly. You made a wise decision that the 10k premium was worth it for your Touring- totally get it and understand why you would do that. But you did that willingly knowing all the potential risks and benefits. There is no one holding a gun to your head asking you to pay an ADM.

My point is that I choose not to pay a premium (ADM) on car purchases. To me, its not worth it on a new car, maybe a rare exception but for the most part, I choose not to do it as I think there are plenty of other cars out there that I can enjoy without putting unnecessary and excessive losses on the balance sheet. Been there done that- dont care to do it anymore.

Congrats on your Touring. Its a great car. Used to own one, sold it and regretted it ever since. Keep going back and forth on whether or not Ill do a wing or wingless version for the 992. Most likely a wing this time but we will see. Have plenty of time before my car arrives.
Porsche911GTS'16 (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 07:01 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,854 Likes on 5,175 Posts

I hate dogs.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:17 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I hate dogs.
I like dogs, but I hate Bitches.
The following 2 users liked this post by Yippiekiaye:
fijibubba (02-24-2021), Porsche911GTS'16 (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 08:05 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I hate dogs.
We hate cats

The following 2 users liked this post by goin2drt:
CDACH (03-10-2021), fijibubba (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 09:12 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

These are first world problems right?.
Zeroth world problems
The following 2 users liked this post by Freddie Two Bs:
evanescent03 (02-24-2021), Porsche911GTS'16 (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 09:24 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Zeroth world problems
Ha LOL. So true

Quick Reply: Allocation + ADM?