Sponsored by:

Help with Color Selection

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 06:02 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
My comment: stop looking at the configurator renderings. In my experience they never do the color of the actual car justice. When I ordered my Panamera in '14, the configurator showed Ruby Red Metallic as being rather flat and saturated, which it most definitely is not if you see an actual car.
Thanks. I have seen Miami Blue in the flesh and like it a lot. The pictures I have posted are mainly to get ideas about which wheels would look the best with the color, even though the configurator colors are off a bit.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:59 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tango131
OP, carmine red with silver sport wheels gets my vote https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...da6a764e52.jpg

And if you spec it with espresso-cognac interior and 18 ways (or 4 ways plus), I'll buy it from you when you are ready to sell . ha ha.

(btw, I saw your current ride has espresso/cognac interior, how is it holding up? It's my favorite non LTS color).
I’ve decided I’m going to do a deal, it’s just down to color and options. Color selection is absolutely killing me. For Carmine Red the wheels you mentioned are my favorite and that combination is stunning. I’ve had Guards Red in a Boxster, and no offense to anyone, but I find it has too much orange for me.

And I do think Miami Blue is gorgeous, but I am a little worried I would tire of it. Don’t know that I would, but I might. Like I said, the color selection is killing me.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:14 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
That is very helpful, thanks. Wish the dealer had one to try out.
It sounds like you're committed to buying from that particular dealer, but you might consider looking around for other dealerships that have a GTS you can drive. Even if you intend to stick to your current dealer. Porsche Silver Spring MD has a white 991.2 GTS in stock, and 4 991.2 S's for comparison. That's a bit of a drive, but this is a $13k decision, so it seems like it would be time and effort well spent.

If you do decide to do this, I'd call ahead. Ask to test drive an S and the GTS back to back. Explain that you're trading in a 2015, want to order an S or GTS, and aren't sure if the GTS is worth the extra money. See what sort of offer they'll make. Even if it's not as good as your local dealership's offer, it gives you a completely legitimate reason to be test driving the car.

Note that if you do buy in MD instead of VA, you're still paying VA sales tax. I don't doubt for a moment that the dealership is completely familiar with the logistics of an out-of-state sale, which are actually pretty minor overall.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:54 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Also, everything I said about the GTS vs. S power delivery? Forget it. It looks like I was looking at some outdated charts. Read the 991.2 X51 Powerkit thread instead.

Looks like the 991.2 GTS does make more power at low RPM, unlike the 991.1 GTS.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:59 PM
CombatChuk
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts

Miami blue was going to be my choice for my 991.2 GTS originally. I love bright *** colors on 911s. However I inquired about a PTS and got approved for Riviera Blue and couldn't be happier (Especially with the Black Red Bordeaux interior)
Old 07-19-2017, 02:19 AM
malibuboy
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

That red will never go out of style, but the blue might.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:30 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

I’ve decided I’m going to do a deal, it’s just down to color and options. Color selection is absolutely killing me. For Carmine Red the wheels you mentioned are my favorite and that combination is stunning. I’ve had Guards Red in a Boxster, and no offense to anyone, but I find it has too much orange for me.

And I do think Miami Blue is gorgeous, but I am a little worried I would tire of it. Don’t know that I would, but I might. Like I said, the color selection is killing me.
If you go with red, I agree with your choice of Carmine over Guards.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts
Default You wont tire...

I've had my Mexico blue GT3 for 7 years I will never tire of the color!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:29 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Well, here’s another another wrinkle. I am working within a budget, around 140k or just slightly over. If I go with Miami Blue, I would not do deviated stitching because there’s no contrasting thread color that really goes with the Miami Blue exterior IMO, so the interior would be all black. If if I do Carmine, I think it would need red seatbelts and red deviated stitching. So if I go with Miami Blue and a straight black leather interior (non deviated stitching), I’d be under budget and so then I could squeeze the Power Kit into the equation and be at the upper limits of my budget. 450 HP in this car with MT would be kick *** to say the least...
Old 07-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Well, here’s another another wrinkle. I am working within a budget, around 140k or just slightly over. If I go with Miami Blue, I would not do deviated stitching because there’s no contrasting thread color that really goes with the Miami Blue exterior IMO, so the interior would be all black. If if I do Carmine, I think it would need red seatbelts and red deviated stitching. So if I go with Miami Blue and a straight black leather interior (non deviated stitching), I’d be under budget and so then I could squeeze the Power Kit into the equation and be at the upper limits of my budget. 450 HP in this car with MT would be kick *** to say the least...
f**k the stitching... get the powerkit, PASM-S and RWS...
Old 07-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
f**k the stitching... get the powerkit, PASM-S and RWS...
+1
Old 07-19-2017, 09:11 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

RWS is a requirement so that is a given. Tell me why I need spasm over 10 mm pasm. Going back and forth on that one. Also PDCC. Thx
Old 07-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Raffey1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got to see a green targa that is the twin of Keadog's I think (Byers just sold theirs, they posted ) going south on rt 71 in Columbus. Such a beautiful sight and sound!
Old 07-20-2017, 04:16 PM
nycpassat
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd go with the middle photo of the carmine red. I fear the turquoise shade will get old for you quickly. I'd love the Miami Blue at first but have seen it in person a few times and lost the love.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:59 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Thanks for all of the input guys. I have given it a lot of thought and have concluded as much as I like Miami Blue I probably don't have large enough gonads to make that selection. Concern is I would be spending a lot of cash on a car with a color that I may tire of. Don't think I would, but I might. So I'm going with Carmine Red. The things that are important for me are (in no particular order):

Sport Package or ideally Power Kit, although Power Kit can be added later
SPASM
MT
14 way seats with Premium Plus
Sunroof in glass
Power Steering Plus
Lane Change Assist
Heated multifunction wheel
Smoking package
Bose
All leather interior

There are a few other low cost items I might spec.

Torn on the wheels, although in order to get things that are most important to me, I am going to keep the wheel costs down (budget), and likely go with Carrera S wheels, either Silver to Platinum Satin. I do like that wheel to begin with, but if I tire of it can easily be changed later.

Torn on the interior color too. I have never been a huge fan of black interiors, but black int with Carmine Red would be sharp. Other idea is Black/Luxor beige. Saw this in another car and like it. I tend to get beige interiors.

Quick Reply: Help with Color Selection