Where's the POWERKIT?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:44 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable

but power steering plus?

regardless enjoy!

btw you might think about clear tail lights also ... really works well with a color like this ... take the "RED" out of the rear.
No clears available on 991.2...no idea why.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:55 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Great spec! Gonna be a very, very nice 991.2.

I'd consider:
  • "PORSCHE" badge on back in exterior color (will look good in Miami)
  • Leather to Sample: Natural Leather in Black (nicer leather, and includes deviated stitching for less money than normal black full leather + deviated stitching—if rumors are true)
  • Instruments in Black (gray tach jars to these eyes, and detracts from the prettiest gauges Porsche currently offers—the regular Carrera gauges—also, gray tach adds yet another gauge color next to your white SC clock)
  • Same wheels in bright silver and the plain crests
  • PCCB (performance art that keeps the wheels spotless too, and those huge yellow calipers WORK with Miami)
  • If you have Sport Package, Powerkit i.c.w. Sport Package isn't a lot more…(but I'd still rather have PCCB)
Old 07-21-2017, 09:19 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

It is true. Free deviated stitiching saving ~$1750 over full leather and deviated. Expect delay in order. I think black wheels look best with Miami personally.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:16 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

but power steering plus?
Was advised by SA that I need it. Plz tell me why I don't. Not a DD car, but I do drive in the city a lot. Thanks
Old 07-22-2017, 12:24 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

WAIT!

Where's the POWERKIT?
At this point I decided to add options that can't be added later, to stay within budget. Later, as funds come available, Powerkit or Cobb Tune is guaranteed.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:25 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by evilfij
It is true. Free deviated stitiching saving ~$1750 over full leather and deviated. Expect delay in order. I think black wheels look best with Miami personally.
I will look into this. Thanks!!!
Old 07-22-2017, 01:42 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Was advised by SA that I need it. Plz tell me why I don't. Not a DD car, but I do drive in the city a lot. Thanks
that's BS ... the regular power steering is fine unless your grandmother is going to park it daily!

At this point I decided to add options that can't be added later, to stay within budget. Later, as funds come available, Powerkit or Cobb Tune is guaranteed.
Yes you can add it later but if I we're buying your car I would want factory install and not dealer even with the .2 kit which is no where near as intrusive as the .1 was....
Old 07-22-2017, 07:00 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Expect delay in order.
Added 3 months to mine (longer than the PTS delay). Glad I got it, but would have preferred the extra months had been in winter, not summer here.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:10 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Yes you can add it later but if I we're buying your car I would want factory install and not dealer even with the .2 kit which is no where near as intrusive as the .1 was....
I was able to add Powerkit iw Sport package at the last minute (thanks to PTS and LTS delays discussed above).
Assuming you want all those goodies, after you add up SC, PSE, SD mirrors, GT Sport SW and rear axle steering, the + power is around $5700 for a factory install during assembly. That's around $190/1 HP for an option on the window sticker. In Porsche terms, that's about free.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:14 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout

I'd consider:
  • Leather to Sample: Natural Leather in Black (nicer leather, and includes deviated stitching for less money than normal black full leather + deviated stitching—if rumors are true)
  • Instruments in Black (gray tach jars to these eyes, and detracts from the prettiest gauges Porsche currently offers—the regular Carrera gauges—also, gray tach adds yet another gauge color next to your white SC clock)
  • PCCB (performance art that keeps the wheels spotless too, and those huge yellow calipers WORK with Miami)
  • If you have Sport Package, Powerkit i.c.w. Sport Package isn't a lot more…(but I'd still rather have PCCB)
This makes me feel pretty good. Exactly what I ordered except PCCBs (which I did not want for sure). Plus, red and green is Christmas-y. And, as above, the deviated stitching is "free" for "most" (but not all) of the interior, at least on my car.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:09 AM
pdutta2000
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone please buy the following:

1. PTS Arena Red or Signal Yellow
2. Anything else you want.

I'll be ready to buy it CPO in 3 years.

Oh, and please keep it under 10k miles. I want to make sure it hits the HFS thread.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:35 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Keadog
I was able to add Powerkit iw Sport package at the last minute (thanks to PTS and LTS delays discussed above).
Assuming you want all those goodies, after you add up SC, PSE, SD mirrors, GT Sport SW and rear axle steering, the + power is around $5700 for a factory install during assembly. That's around $190/1 HP for an option on the window sticker. In Porsche terms, that's about free.
good point. I’ll discuss with SA
Old 07-22-2017, 09:48 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I will look into this. Thanks!!!
Click The Leather to Sample Thread in my signature. I am still working on details.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:56 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stout

I'd consider:
All great ideas, thanks for taking the time to list them.

I keep going back and forth on the wheels...Silver or Platinum Satin, both colors on Carrera S wheels. Someone mentioned black wheels and it is personal taste for sure, but I have never cared for black wheels much.

Powerkit is $7300 on top of the Sport Package which really blows the budget. I thought I would add it later (from Suncoast), when funds are available, for just a little more cash than a factory install, or if Cobb ever cracks the ecu code perhaps a Cobb tune. Had a Cobb tune in my Macan S and that sucker would FLY!

Last edited by flickroll; 07-22-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Help with Color Selection