Sponsored by:

The Leather to Sample Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 05:12 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Thanks! I look forward to seeing your car. When in the process were you able to get the sketch?

I was told the same thing about the wheel and shift boot. Steering wheel is normal leather (black) and gear shift boot is too (I asked about the **** itself, but do not have a response yet). I believe you can for $1040 get the custom **** and boot option to make them match the LTS (like the cayman), but that seems a bridge too far for me as my hands are like sandpaper from all the working on cars and houses I do in my spare time. It would wear quickly. Hopefully the mahogany wheel I ordered holds up (the one in the jag seems fine).

So it seems you can spec some additional leather options not in the configurator in including the steering wheel surround based on your build. This goes with what exclusive told me. Good to know!
Old 07-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

I got it after bugging my GM to the point of distraction - it bothered me it said "see sketch" on the build sheet but there wasn't a sketch to see. I think he ended up contacting both PE and his regional rep to get it.
You jogged my memory - Yana told me to get matching deviated stitching on the steering wheel with my LTS order would be CXX and... $4700! Hahahahaha. No one can say they don't have a sense of humor. What? She wasn't kidding? Never mind.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

I already bought a Function First shift **** to replace the stock shifter. Dropped it and the SmartTOP module off today.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:40 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Keadog
I already bought a Function First shift **** to replace the stock shifter. Dropped it and the SmartTOP module off today.
Thanks again! I will bug my dealer for a sketch after your car comes in as I am a long way away from a lock and any feedback you have will be very helpful to me. I specifically told them I wanted one more pass at it before the lock as I was up in the air on some things (extra leather, GTMF wheel or wood, etc.).

We have similar taste, I ordered a function first **** for my 993. It should come in after their break. I got the longer one (not available on 991) with black aluminium shaft and ball with the shift pattern in silver (as my cab is a C4 the original **** center was silver so goes with the theme).

See sketch got me too. I knew there had to be one. I don't think my dealer has ever done an LTS car.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Thanks again! I will bug my dealer for a sketch after your car comes in as I am a long way away from a lock and any feedback you have will be very helpful to me. I specifically told them I wanted one more pass at it before the lock as I was up in the air on some things (extra leather, GTMF wheel or wood, etc.).

We have similar taste, I ordered a function first **** for my 993. It should come in after their break. I got the longer one (not available on 991) with black aluminium shaft and ball with the shift pattern in silver (as my cab is a C4 the original **** center was silver so goes with the theme).

See sketch got me too. I knew there had to be one. I don't think my dealer has ever done an LTS car.
At the price point, I got to a crossroads between "might as well" and "OMG, TT money". That part didn't really bother me, as I had a TT and wasn't a fan of the PDK at all; plus, I wanted to try a Targa. If I were starting over, I might have done more rather than less leather, especially extended dash (which Yana advised and I dropped at $1700, since basically out of the touch zone and black already). Having seen some pics after my freeze date, it looks pretty nice with deviated stitching. I haven't lost any sleep over it though.
I got black Delrin (?sp) and sent him a bottle of Viper Green touch up paint which he (expertly) painted over the white numbers.
I would just let your dealer know there IS a sketch that goes with the build and really no reason not to let you have an email copy of it (neither of us received an original).
Be very careful on your freeze date, especially with PTS/LTS. They seem to close those very early and will not tend to let you change things. I felt very lucky they let me add the Powerkit Package when it released in January. And your dealer may not have any advanced warning either. I would get it the way you want it ASAP, just to be sure.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:40 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

I will do so, but remember my PTS color needs to be approved so I am months before lock. As of right now the only thing I would change is the wood wheel (which I love except for the silver hub) for the GT MF wheel. Or not. I am a waffler.

Last edited by evilfij; 07-07-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:01 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Got my sketch but it is not filled out yet. Oh well. I am sure it will eventually be filled out.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Got my sketch but it is not filled out yet. Oh well. I am sure it will eventually be filled out.
They are very thorough and will not forget.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:58 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Behold, the power of the internet. I have to give PCNA and exclusive credit (or whoever does the configurator), they are on the ball. The mobile configurator now shows a new image with the standard gear ****. $1040 option to get what you want ....
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2017, 11:21 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

They are very thorough and will not forget.
You sure? Your sketch shows your carpet as natural black (schwarz natur) natural leather.

I think leather in place of carpet would be great, but I bet that is a mistake.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:09 AM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

I regret not stretching for LTS . I'm hoping to live through you guys and see the pics of the cool LTS colors once the cars are delivered.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:46 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

You sure? Your sketch shows your carpet as natural black (schwarz natur) natural leather.

I think leather in place of carpet would be great, but I bet that is a mistake.
Thorough-ish??
Old 07-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wisky
I regret not stretching for LTS . I'm hoping to live through you guys and see the pics of the cool LTS colors once the cars are delivered.
I boldly went for black, so don't lose any sleep waiting. I'm just hoping it's a little darker than standard black leather. We'll see. The GT Silver stitching may make the contrast seem darker even if it isn't.
I definitely wanted natural leather if possible, but not Espresso or E/C with the bright green. The "free" deviated stitching made it a no brainer but it did add a loooong 3 months to the wait, eating into the best part of this driving season.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:24 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Thorough-ish??
We will see. The other one that jumps out at me is the a-pillar trim (1.0a). On full leather option cars that is alcantara, but your sketch shows it in LTS. If it is LTS at no cost, that is another benefit. Note the B (1.3a) and C (1.4a) pillars are shown on the sketch, but are not specificed in the list. I assume they stay alcantara. [EDIT: see post #36 regarding a pillar trim on a cab and targa]

Comparing it to Suzy991's "normal" leather sketch

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1&d=1382685600

1.0a, 1.3a, and 1.4a (A, B, and C pillar respectively) are all alcantara on a full leather car (albeit a 991.1) whereas 1.0a and 1.3a (the A and B pillar respectively) are not in a partial leather car (they are black plastic). Looking at full and partial leather 991.2 cars, this holds true. Alcantara on all three pillars on a full leather car, black plastic A pillar and B pillar on a partial leather car.

I noticed (and note) this because on Z356's boxster spyder (Carrera Red full leather but not LTS) the a pillar trim in leather was a $950 option (which he did not spec).

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...ml#post8891891

Last edited by evilfij; 07-11-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

We will see. The other one that jumps out at me is the a-pillar trim (1.0a). On full leather option cars that is alcantara, but your sketch shows it in LTS. If it is LTS at no cost, that is another benefit. Note the B (1.3a) and C (1.4a) pillars are shown on the sketch, but are not specificed in the list. I assume they stay alcantara.

Comparing it to Suzy991's "normal" leather sketch

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1&d=1382685600

1.0a, 1.3a, and 1.4a (A, B, and C pillar respectively) are all alcantara on a full leather car (albeit a 991.1) whereas 1.0a and 1.3a (the A and B pillar respectively) are not in a partial leather car (they are black plastic). Looking at full and partial leather 991.2 cars, this holds true. Alcantara on all three pillars on a full leather car, black plastic A pillar and B pillar on a partial leather car.

I noticed (and note) this because on Z356's boxster spyder (Carrera Red full leather but not LTS) the a pillar trim in leather was a $950 option (which he did not spec).

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...ml#post8891891
I'm treating my interior like a box of chocolates - I hope to look inside in a week or so and see exactly what's in there.

Quick Reply: The Leather to Sample Thread