Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering a 991.2 GTS - will be doing European delivery - best discount to shoot for?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I think you can get 5% with just a little bit of effort. My local dealer offered me 3% for a C4 GTS allocation at the drop of a hat so I'm sure I could have worked him a bit to get 5%.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:05 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 473 Posts

The new 991.2 vs 991.1 discounts will be different FYI. 4-5 percent is REALLY good for these. If you get more, thats absolutely awesome!
Old 05-13-2017, 02:43 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,014 Posts

I've negotiated two European deliveries in the past 4 years with Porsche. In both cases, I received 5% off with only one email exchange between my SA and I.

2014 Boxster S (gateway drug to a 911) for about $79k Msrp and a 2018 C4 with Msrp at $121k.

The negotiations were not as easy as my comment above implies. For my 981, I started off via email exchanges between 7 dealerships and I unapologetically shared their emails and their counter offers between all of them. The 7th dealer was Porsche of the Mainline. He read the email exchange and gave me what I was asking for....just a fair deal. Went back to the same SA in March of this year for my 911 and gave him my build sheet and said I wanted the same deal as last time. Done. One email.

The dealerships have to pay $3000 to PCNA so despite being advertised as a free option, the negotiations are more difficult. Some have negotiated a price and then drop the ED option and their deals fall through.

ED with Porsche is not as good of a deal as others like MB, BMW, Volvo etc. Porsche offers the least benefits than any other company......but then you have to drive a BMW around Europe instead of a Porsche.

Porsche started an annual "group delivery" last July. It's currently once a year. It's the normal ED but on steroids. extra stay at a nice hotel, multiple dinners with Porsche employees, guided professional tours of Leipzig and some other nice bennys in addition to the usual stuff.

I am doing the group delivery on July 6th.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 260 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
The new 991.2 vs 991.1 discounts will be different FYI. 4-5 percent is REALLY good for these. If you get more, thats absolutely awesome!
I respectfully disagree, in general, that we are to settle for 4-5% as "good" especially knowing the profit margins. You may be correct for certain "hot" markets but OP can buy from anywhere due his or hers Euro Delivery plans.

These are luxury cars and come with a limited pool of buyers. Don't let anyone fool you that dealers have the upper hand.

You, the buyer, decide what to pay and whom to give your business to!

Couple months ago a bought 2 new Rolexes from and authorized dealer for 15% off MSRP, avoided taxes by shipping out of state so combined 22% off. Make no mistake the negotiating well will open doors that others think are closed.

But OP said he's not a good negotiator so we are wasting our time here giving advice...
Old 05-13-2017, 03:50 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Bemo
I respectfully disagree, in general, that we are to settle for 4-5% as "good" especially knowing the profit margins. You may be correct for certain "hot" markets but OP can buy from anywhere due his or hers Euro Delivery plans.

These are luxury cars and come with a limited pool of buyers. Don't let anyone fool you that dealers have the upper hand.

Couple months ago a bought 2 new Rolexes from and authorized dealer for 15% off MSRP, avoided taxes by shipping out of state so combined 22% off. Make no mistake the negotiating well will open doors that others think are closed.

But OP said he's not a good negotiator so we are wasting our time here giving advice...
Once again. I'm the one who said I'm not a hard negotiator, not the OP.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:52 PM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 70 Posts

I negotiated $3K down based on not pursuing euro delivery
Old 05-13-2017, 04:55 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 260 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
Once again. I'm the one who said I'm not a hard negotiator, not the OP.
Noted and work on it!
Old 05-13-2017, 06:51 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bemo

The biggest discount I've heard anyone get on a 991.2 GTS coupe or targa in the country is 5 percent for an ordered car. The cab has a shot at 6 if you call a dealer stuck with one as it's generally the least desirable. If you can find one for more off, I'd definitely give you major credit. Dealers get less of these than they will GT3s...
Old 05-14-2017, 11:00 AM
xneilx
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sechsgang
The biggest discount I've heard anyone get on a 991.2 GTS coupe or targa in the country is 5 percent for an ordered car. The cab has a shot at 6 if you call a dealer stuck with one as it's generally the least desirable. If you can find one for more off, I'd definitely give you major credit. Dealers get less of these than they will GT3s...
I got 6% on a custom ordered GTS coupe end of March.It got built around April 27th and is likely going to get loaded on a ship soon.I ll be doing PEC delivery in Atlanta.
I had gotten my Current​ 2016 c2s in 2015 for 6% off and contacted the same sa and requested for the same deal.She actually moved to another city since my last deal but she was happy to earn my business.All this was accomplished in abkut 5 min over 6 text messages 👍
Old 05-14-2017, 11:38 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xneilx
I got 6% on a custom ordered GTS coupe end of March.It got built around April 27th and is likely going to get loaded on a ship soon.I ll be doing PEC delivery in Atlanta.
I had gotten my Current​ 2016 c2s in 2015 for 6% off and contacted the same sa and requested for the same deal.She actually moved to another city since my last deal but she was happy to earn my business.All this was accomplished in abkut 5 min over 6 text messages 👍
That's great! That comes as a 2017 MY right? I'm curious if anyone gets a 2018 at that. I bet that's one of the biggest discounts that someone with a custom build coupe grabs.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:43 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was able to get 6% off on my custom ordered TARGA GTS 991.1 2016...... GM from Dealer who I had a relationship with..... Also, with European Delivery, the dealer does pay $3000 but gets another car allocated....so they really are not losing money....The trick is to have the dealer order another car in name of person going on trip with you....then they get 3 cars!

Quick Reply: Ordering a 991.2 GTS - will be doing European delivery - best discount to shoot for?