Sponsored by:

PCM Rebooting/Map Not Loading

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 07:23 PM
btchin
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rwel
This problem has just occurred on my 2013 C2S. Out of the blue, maps wouldn't load. Then the rebooting started. I've done the reboot procedure, but it did not fix it. Car was delivered with Sirius option, but hasn't been active for many years.

Question: Has anyone experienced having the PCM unit replaced at a Porsche dealer using their Fidelity Platinum coverage? PCM is not specifically excluded, so I'm hoping it's covered...
yes - had mine replaced under fidelity platinum in my 2015 gts a few years ago. I had to pay the $250 deductible. I believe out of pocket would have been $3-4k if I remember correctly what the paperwork said.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:37 PM
rwel
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by btchin
yes - had mine replaced under fidelity platinum in my 2015 gts a few years ago. I had to pay the $250 deductible. I believe out of pocket would have been $3-4k if I remember correctly what the paperwork said.
Thanks for the response. Looks like that's what I'll need to do to get mine fixed.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:35 PM
alexander nunez
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rwel
This problem has just occurred on my 2013 C2S. Out of the blue, maps wouldn't load. Then the rebooting started. I've done the reboot procedure, but it did not fix it. Car was delivered with Sirius option, but hasn't been active for many years.

Question: Has anyone experienced having the PCM unit replaced at a Porsche dealer using their Fidelity Platinum coverage? PCM is not specifically excluded, so I'm hoping it's covered...
Becker Auto sound can fix that problem, they do very go work.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:19 PM
rwel
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

RE my 14 Jan post about maps not loading, constant rebooting, etc. Before posting I went through the complete PCM handoff checklist above a couple times with no effect. I planned to take it back to dealer, expecting to replace PCM and hoping for Fidelity Platinum to cover it.

A week or so ago, I pulled the fuse for the PCM (as listed in owner's manual), left it out overnight (5 min probably would be fine), thinking maybe it was still getting a tiny current for memory, etc, and pulling fuse would totally de-power the unit. After reinserting the fuse, the PCM started fine, maps are fine, everything's fine. No guarantee it won't happen again, of course, but so far so good. As noted above any saved map destinations, radio presets, phone info, etc is wiped during the "handover" process. In my case that wasn't a big deal.
The following users liked this post:
DenVogel (02-04-2022)

Quick Reply: PCM Rebooting/Map Not Loading