Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

OK, here's one downside:

Worse gas mileage.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:18 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Any erection lasting longer than 4 hours should be reviewed by a physician. Is that a good reason not to leave it up all the time. It could be a health issue.
Depends how many women you have around you
Old 03-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Jrod
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Code
C'mon man, you know exactly what I'm talking about, and if you have the same car then why go the extra mile to make people feel ashamed for having their spoiler up?

FWIW I think this whole thread is pretty funny, definitely took a left turn, but entertaining none the less.
Yes he knows what you are talking about and I hope somebody like him doesn't make anybody feel ashamed about their ride. I'm a pretty big boy and it would take a whole lot more than someone throwing petty insults behind a keyboard to bother me.

I'm glad I've had some extra free time today because his thread is indeed entertaining. I didn't intend it to be but here we are.

Still gonna rock with my spoiler up! Might change when I'm older but not yet.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:24 PM
LexVan
Banned

Jrod, how much ya benching? 315??
Old 03-30-2017, 07:25 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
OK, here's one downside:

Worse gas mileage.

Less speed 0-60? Inneccesary drag, I mean...
Old 03-30-2017, 07:29 PM
Jrod
Instructor

OK, here's one downside:

Worse gas mileage.
Very true but I can live with that. My daily is a Mustang GT so I'm not very practical when it comes to vehicles.

I was seriously referring to mechanical or electrical issue's which there appear to be none.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:29 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I NEVER post cars where dealers show cars WITH the spoiler up. Haven't you heard all the ridicule over the years about that?? It's well known.
I guess it's main reason some people only buy new, it's the only real way to know for sure it hasn't had it's spoiler set in the up position.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:32 PM
LexVan
Banned

OK, Here's another reason. I'm on a roll. But, I hear the 997 guys laughing at us again.

Dirty! Have you ever seen just how dirty it gets in there? Holly molly. All that exhaust soot.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:37 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

OK, Here's another reason. I'm on a roll. But, I hear the 997 guys laughing at us again.

Dirty! Have you ever seen just how dirty it gets in there? Holly molly. All that exhaust soot.

Good point. Can you spray under there with a hose??

Remember that one guy who put a Porsche sticker under the spoiler that you could see when it was open?
Old 03-30-2017, 07:40 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

I see I've been missing all the fun and games while I was working today! I'll take a crack at something that could happen with it up... it's an extreme stretch of the imagination... but outside of this I can't think of a technical reason why it's bad.

I just ran out and took a shot of something you don't see in the other photos here but I've noticed when washing under the wing (I think this is the main reason they give you a button to raise it BTW). You can actually see the radiator tank cap and the oil fill cap. I could reasonably reach the radiator one and turn it if I wanted, and maybe the oil one too... but it would be harder.
So on the extremely rare chance a hater wants to screw with you and just keying/denting your car won't do, they could take off/loosen your tank cap and let your coolant boil over on your next outing... maybe claiming a cap as a prize in the process. Will that really happen (at least if I hadn't planted it in some prankster's mind here)? Nah.

At least the caps are pretty so when people are admiring the raised wing they'll also be able to admire the superb quality of the typically mundane filler caps on the car.

I

Last edited by StormRune; 03-30-2017 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-30-2017, 07:45 PM
Jrod
Instructor

Talking

Jrod, how much ya benching? 315??
Pretty close! Lol!
I only have a few pictures of my car on my phone so I used that one for my avatar. I ordered the emblem from Suncoast and it was raining the day it arrived so I put it on in my tiny garage and bent down to take shots of it until I thought it was lined up proper. I wasn't showing off but I've been thinking about putting up a shot of my car and myself with a really tight tanktop because I'm pretty buff! I'm jk!
Old 03-30-2017, 07:50 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by Jrod
I've been thinking about putting up a shot of my car and myself with a really tight tanktop because I'm pretty buff! I'm jk!
And your Rolex. In front of your BIG house!!
Old 03-30-2017, 07:53 PM
Jrod
Instructor

Originally Posted by StormRune
I see I've been missing all the fun and games while I was working today! I'll take a crack at something that could happen with it up... it's an extreme stretch of the imagination... but outside of this I can't think of a technical reason why it's bad.

I just ran out and took a shot of something you don't see in the other photos here but I've noticed when washing under the wing (I think this is the main reason they give you a button to raise it BTW). You can actually see the radiator tank cap and the oil fill cap. I could reasonably reach the radiator one and turn it if I wanted, and maybe the oil one too... but it would be harder.
So on the extremely rare chance a hater wants to screw with you and just keying/denting your car won't do, they could take off/loosen your tank cap and let your coolant boil over on your next outing... maybe claiming a cap as a prize in the process. Will that really happen (at least if I hadn't planted it in some prankster's mind here)? Nah.

At least the caps are pretty so when people are admiring the raised wing they'll also be able to admire the superb quality of the typically mundane filler caps on the car.

I
Very good reason for those who aren't able to park in a garage. It's not likely but certainly possible.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:58 PM
Jrod
Instructor

Talking

And your Rolex. In front of your BIG house!!
Lol! Sorry man, don't own a watch and it's an unimpressive 3 bedroom, 2 baths and a basement. Only thing I have that's big are my gun's bro!
Old 03-30-2017, 07:58 PM
joedjr
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911boy
I dont like the look of it up....unless im going over 75
What he said.

Quick Reply: Spoiler question