Sponsored by:

Seat colors with Night Blue

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 03:23 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 519 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
Here's a thought for you: Forget about tying your exterior color to your interior color.
Instead, think of the Porsche offered exterior color you like looking at when you look at your car from the exterior. Then think of think of the Porsche colored interiors you like looking at when you're driving the car. It's important you like each color separately. It's not important you like the combination. Mainly because you seldom see the two together. Inside you barely see the exterior and from the outside, you see little if any, of the interior color.
And if your afraid selecting colors independent of each other will lead to a visual disaster, consider this - Porsche is offering you standard interior and exterior colors which, in any combination, you can't screw up.
Paint to sample is an entirely different story.
You must be a troll or a genius! (Definitely not the latter)
Old 02-24-2017, 10:35 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Listen to your wife and go with the light interior. You don't seem to like the luxor so get the chalk instead. Light interiors are so much less gloomy on cloudy days and way more comfortable to hop into on hot days.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:45 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Hmmm, not so sure I'm down with this advice. This is what happens when you pick your favorite exterior with your favorite interior...

Attachment 1138252Attachment 1138253

2017 Individual M4 - Full Disclosure - Reveal! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1353258
When a poster asks a question about color choices, many, many responses go something like this - "Pick the colors that suit your taste," a conclusion which I agree with. Unfortunately, the discussion then turns to what combinations are best and here is where the seeker gets tied up in knots. Because the choices often turn out to be a compromise rather than the two best.
It doesn't have to be a compromise because, as I've said, the interior and exterior are visually distinctly apart. It's a lot like painting your house. Do you paint your living room to match the exterior of your house?
Old 02-24-2017, 02:18 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

Yes. The interior paint in my house reflects the overall architecturally planned look of the exterior of my house.
You're completely entitled to your opinion, but I disagree that the interior and exterior of the car are separate entities. I frequently look at the interior of a nice car that I walk past on the street through its windows and assess the way it looks as a total package.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:21 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
When a poster asks a question about color choices, many, many responses go something like this - "Pick the colors that suit your taste," a conclusion which I agree with. Unfortunately, the discussion then turns to what combinations are best and here is where the seeker gets tied up in knots. Because the choices often turn out to be a compromise rather than the two best.
It doesn't have to be a compromise because, as I've said, the interior and exterior are visually distinctly apart. It's a lot like painting your house. Do you paint your living room to match the exterior of your house?
Originally Posted by mb1
Yes. The interior paint in my house reflects the overall architecturally planned look of the exterior of my house.
You're completely entitled to your opinion, but I disagree that the interior and exterior of the car are separate entities. I frequently look at the interior of a nice car that I walk past on the street through its windows and assess the way it looks as a total package.
Plus, the OP ordered a Targa, which means the roof will be off quite a bit allowing him and others to see both the interior and exterior *gasp* at the same time. So no, the interior and exterior are NOT "visually distinctly apart". They do have to compliment each other. And, with the Targa, even with the roof up, that wraparound rear glass lets you see both at the same time more often than not. Again, not "visually distinctly apart".
Old 02-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Hian
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a saddle brown interior on my night blue metallic and it looks pretty good, with plenty of compliments from people who have seen it.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Hian
I have a saddle brown interior on my night blue metallic and it looks pretty good, with plenty of compliments from people who have seen it.
I think that would be a nice looking combination. Could you post some pics of it?
Old 02-24-2017, 06:52 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

That would have been a strong contender for my BS, had it been available when I ordered. It's a great color!
Old 02-24-2017, 07:04 PM
Hian
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try this

Originally Posted by Hurricane
I think that would be a nice looking combination. Could you post some pics of it?
Try these,
Attached Images   
Old 02-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 495 Posts

Black and Bordeaux is a great looking interior. I would quicker put that interior in a silver or gray exterior. Black and Tan interior with dark blue exterior is a great classy look. Just like BRG would be great with tan interior.

Don't forget that your wife has great taste. She is with you right?
Old 02-24-2017, 08:00 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
Black and Bordeaux is a great looking interior. I would quicker put that interior in a silver or gray exterior. Black and Tan interior with dark blue exterior is a great classy look. Just like BRG would be great with tan interior.

Don't forget that your wife has great taste. She is with you right?
U nailed it bro!!!! LOL
Old 02-24-2017, 09:15 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Try these,
Very nice!

The steering wheel on the right would drive me nuts, though...

Quick Reply: Seat colors with Night Blue