Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat colors with Night Blue

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:41 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

I would not want red interior with dark blue exterior.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:34 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,607 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by Grunty
Agree with wife. Red interior only seems to work nicely on silver 911s. It would be way too contrasty on a dark blue car.
Disagree 911%.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:06 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 926 Posts

One of the guys over on the 991 turbo forum recently took delivery on a blue car with a very nice two tone interior. I think it looks great.
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2017, 12:15 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
One of the guys over on the 991 turbo forum recently took delivery on a blue car with a very nice two tone interior. I think it looks great.
This looks great, but I BELIEVE this is a porsche exclusive interior.

Red and blue honestly end up being "superman" which isn't really my favorite in a car. Red and black, red and white, red and silver or red and grey are normally where those combos seem to shine. IMHO with blue, I would go for the Agate grey or espresso interior (both are actually surprisingly similar, its just one is a little more grey and one is a little more brown so to speak but share the same overall tone if that makes sense) to give a little bit of extra special factor to it without going super light or standard in color choices. Almost NO combo is classier than espresso with a dark blue and deviated silver stitching...just a thought.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:22 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sechsgang

Red and blue honestly end up being "superman" which isn't really my favorite in a car. Red and black, red and white, red and silver or red and grey are normally where those combos seem to shine. IMHO with blue, I would go for the Agate grey or espresso interior (both are actually surprisingly similar, its just one is a little more grey and one is a little more brown so to speak but share the same overall tone if that makes sense) to give a little bit of extra special factor to it without going super light or standard in color choices. Almost NO combo is classier than espresso with a dark blue and deviated silver stitching...just a thought.
Night Blue is the new dark blue. It's pretty dark, won't look Superman at all.

Sapphire is another story. Definitely the superman look.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:41 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KenTO
Listen to your wife.
+1
Old 02-23-2017, 03:43 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang

Its called Sporttec seats I believe. YouTubber Nick Murray got these seats on his Midnight blue C4S. Write to him, he'll be happy to help / guide you.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:57 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's a thought for you: Forget about tying your exterior color to your interior color.
Instead, think of the Porsche offered exterior color you like looking at when you look at your car from the exterior. Then think of think of the Porsche colored interiors you like looking at when you're driving the car. It's important you like each color separately. It's not important you like the combination. Mainly because you seldom see the two together. Inside you barely see the exterior and from the outside, you see little if any, of the interior color.
And if your afraid selecting colors independent of each other will lead to a visual disaster, consider this - Porsche is offering you standard interior and exterior colors which, in any combination, you can't screw up.
Paint to sample is an entirely different story.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:37 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fuddman
Here's a thought for you: Forget about tying your exterior color to your interior color.
Instead, think of the Porsche offered exterior color you like looking at when you look at your car from the exterior. Then think of think of the Porsche colored interiors you like looking at when you're driving the car. It's important you like each color separately. It's not important you like the combination. Mainly because you seldom see the two together. Inside you barely see the exterior and from the outside, you see little if any, of the interior color.
And if your afraid selecting colors independent of each other will lead to a visual disaster, consider this - Porsche is offering you standard interior and exterior colors which, in any combination, you can't screw up.
Paint to sample is an entirely different story.
Hmmm, not so sure I'm down with this advice. This is what happens when you pick your favorite exterior with your favorite interior...

Name:  photo310.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  325.5 KBName:  photo950.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  1.19 MB

2017 Individual M4 - Full Disclosure - Reveal! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1353258
Old 02-23-2017, 08:52 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
What could possibly go wrong?

Old 02-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 926 Posts

Gotta love the purple phone....
Old 02-23-2017, 09:03 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
What could possibly go wrong?

My eyes! MY EYES!!!!!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:24 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by robwe46m3
Go with the red dont listen to the haters. Its a sports car brown interiors are boring. Midnight with red will be nkce and unique. You have to realize this forum is most frequented by old farts and nerds. They follow the herd like sheep. Are you a sheep?
Could you be more obnoxious?

Most of the people here are definitely not herd followers. Herd followers rarely excel enough to even afford a porsche.

Nerds and old farts have either lived long enough or worked hard enough to get whatever they want and deserve to be respected for that.

Just give your opinion and don't be like buttheads. Are you a butthead?
Old 02-23-2017, 10:27 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Expresso and Cognac
Old 02-23-2017, 11:39 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by NOSUB2T
Could you be more obnoxious?

Most of the people here are definitely not herd followers. Herd followers rarely excel enough to even afford a porsche.

Nerds and old farts have either lived long enough or worked hard enough to get whatever they want and deserve to be respected for that.

Just give your opinion and don't be like buttheads. Are you a butthead?
To use his own word (from a different forum), maybe he's "ghey".

Quick Reply: Seat colors with Night Blue