Sponsored by:

Leather dash/console trim?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 08:24 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts
Default Leather dash/console trim?

Anyone seen this in person? Can't find hardly any decent pics. Forget finding one on the lot.

Dislike the silver plastic trim and I don't care for glossy carbon at ~$2k. Doesn't look expensive enough.

Wish that Porsche used matte carbon or maybe a different weave. That would have looked cool. Or, God forbid, actual carbon pieces and not fabric glued to plastic and laminated.

My interior is black, so if I went black leather trim, the whole interior would be black. Of course, old school 911s were that way, so maybe not a big deal.

I was thinking Bordeaux clock and belts to break it up a little

I'm wondering how the trim looks and feels in person. Feedback appreciated...
Old 02-08-2017, 08:48 PM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

What do you think of the brushed aluminum dash? I think it's pretty cool plus you also get the trim on your doors which enhances the effect a bit. I have seen a few cars with sport chrono clocks with a different color, but always found it strange looking if it didn't match the guages. That's just me though.

Definitely support the red seatbelts to match the calipers. I personally wanted them...badly but was too cheap to pay 500 for them .
Old 02-08-2017, 08:57 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bmedude
What do you think of the brushed aluminum dash? I think it's pretty cool plus you also get the trim on your doors which enhances the effect a bit. I have seen a few cars with sport chrono clocks with a different color, but always found it strange looking if it didn't match the guages. That's just me though.

Definitely support the red seatbelts to match the calipers. I personally wanted them...badly but was too cheap to pay 500 for them .
Yeah, I am worried that random red bits may seem out of place. Particularly since calipers aren't bordeaux, but actually guards red.

I had brushed aluminum on my GT4 and never really cared for it. Every car I've owned in the past 10 years has had silver trim and I'm over it.

For a car of this expense, the interior options are not super impressive.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:59 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

The brushed aluminum is a solid choice and would brighten up the black cabin. The brushed aluminum looks much better than the plasticy looking standard aluminum trim. If you go brushed make sure you get the gear shifter to match.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:18 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 311 Posts

U don't say what the exterior color is. U asked for opinions... So here is mine...
I'd skip the PDCC and ACC/PAS too much complexity and who needs em?
For me, leather interior is an absolute must (I think it's standard on the Turbo), as is Premium Plus with sunroof in glass, and 14 or 18 way ventilated/heated seats. LED headlights are desirable and cheap as is LCA/LKA. Oh, and checkmark the 5 lug wheels and keyless entry.
If it's Racing Yellow, the Yellow interior pieces along with the Belts and Gauges is better.
if you are getting Yellow PCCBs and other than Racing Yellow paint, then Yellow might be a better choice for the interior bits, except for the interior painted parts which probably look best in Carbon Fiber or Brushed Aluminum. Stay away from Carbon fiber steering wheel. Too slippery...
If it's Guards or Carmine Red, White, or Silver or Gray or Black, or even one of the Blues, yes. All red dials and seat belts. And Cocomats like mine below...

Last edited by PCA1983; 02-08-2017 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The standard trim pieces are not "painted" but are actual polished metal. The Fresno Porsche dealership shop were replacing a strip and cut the old removed one in half. The part that is visible is a thin actual metal covering.
The "polished aluminum" is a lot duller with less sheen.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:46 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Gonna be black. Black on black.

Would have thought someone has picked the black leather trim, but it's really not common.

Saw a pic of the painted exterior trim in black. Didn't love it. Too glossy.

Originally Posted by Scottish Pete
The standard trim pieces are not "painted" but are actual polished metal. The Fresno Porsche dealership shop were replacing a strip and cut the old removed one in half. The part that is visible is a thin actual metal covering.
The "polished aluminum" is a lot duller with less sheen.

Galvano, right? Good to know.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:34 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

you can get any piece done in CF and you can finish in gloss or matte very common, you can have it done or take the stock parts off and have them matte cleared, carbon signature is doing everything, just talked with them yesterday. I had black wood trim on black int and couldnt take it.
black on black on black, boring on boring on boring
Old 02-09-2017, 11:31 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Yeah, I am worried that random red bits may seem out of place. Particularly since calipers aren't bordeaux, but actually guards red.

I had brushed aluminum on my GT4 and never really cared for it. Every car I've owned in the past 10 years has had silver trim and I'm over it.

For a car of this expense, the interior options are not super impressive.
The carbon fiber dash and console look great IMO. Waiting for matching shifter now. Love red belts but about $2000 dealer installed!
Old 02-09-2017, 11:57 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 311 Posts

The carbon fiber interior trim is nice, except the steering wheel option (in some Porsche models) - too slippery a wheel
I had the gloss piano black interior trim in my Macan Turbo I traded for this C2S. Too shiny, shows every finger print, and it scratches easily. It probably won't look good after a few years. my C2S has the brushed aluminum looking trim. It doesn't show finger prints and seems very durable.
My C2S has the black window trim. At a Super Car Show in Chicago last Summer, there was a Guards Red C2S showing near mine with the polished metal window trim (probably polished aluminum), and the group I was with agreed my black window trim looked better, especially with the black wheels and Sunroof in Black Glass.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:08 PM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the leather piece the OP is referring to in my gt4. Sorry no pix and car not with me right now. It looks good but I went for all leather options. It's black as are all gt4 interiors. In my view When I start Down the leather option path I go all in. That said with a black interior this particular pdk surround piece is the third most useless after fuse box covers and pcm surround as with black you just don't really notice the plastic as much in my opinion. With beige or red or blue I would feel different. I would maybe consider silver or another color stitch to break up interior but everyone specs cars for themselves and we all have opinions that reflect our views.

Edit: IMO leather dash worth it. I didn't know if by console trim you meant pdk surround. If not apologies for the post.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:24 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I was going to do red leather dash kit and console on my black interior, but suncoast told me they have to be hand made at the factory and would take 3-4 months. I don't have that attention span unfortunately.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:50 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,607 Likes on 1,620 Posts

http://www.exclusiveoption.com/Home_Page.php

Contact these guys.

Nick Murray just bought a 991.2 with leather trim. He goes over it well in his video. Check it out.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:04 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Saw a pic of the painted exterior trim in black. Didn't love it. Too glossy

Mine has it, I don't dislike it, not sure if I would order it, would have to look at the other options.

Quick Reply: Leather dash/console trim?