Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fair 991.2 discount

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016 | 06:43 PM
Dude174
Racer

Originally Posted by rijowysock
allocations were hard to get, my florida dealer could only get me a euro delivery allocation because they get an extra US allocation to make up for it then.

my one ohio dealer couldnt get an allocation, went with another and got a little more than 6% and happy right now.

excited for the car, and excited to get the turbo6 up to 450-500hp and have a fun fast reliable manual "turbo"
I'm with you on this! I'm getting 7% but I told the guy it will be spring with Atlanta delivery
Old 11-09-2016 | 04:17 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Fred R. C4S
On a 991.2 build totaling $110k, I was offered $5k discount from two dealers in central Illinois. I tried for 5%, but was turned down. As this car will be for Euro Delivery, I didn't want to press more for the discount as I knew this deal was going to be a PITA for the selling dealer with more work needed before the car finally arrives back in the USA on their doorstep.
FWIW euro delivery COSTS the dealer 3k of their end..

BUT they get an extra allocation so technically helps/hurts them same time.

that being said i had a dealer offering 3k over invoice for euro delivery deal because to them "they get another allocation anyways"

i declined given i have a christmas delivery car... even if porsche said they HAVE to by law put snows and such on the car because of Euro law (and they give u sets of chains).. i guess by law you have to have in car there for winter.

if i was smart and ordered the 991.2 in may when i should have.. would have been epic driving around germany euro delivery style...
Old 11-15-2016 | 03:58 PM
vexed
Racer

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I bought a Cayman S with warranty that had been punched 9 months prior, never titled, not a formal demo, had only 70 miles on it, and they still put 'Used' in the New/Used car section of the purchase agreement.

Either way, warranty punched cars are always going to sell at a bigger discount.
Is there a good metric for how large a discount is fair. Car punched on March 31 this year, been sitting since then.
Old 11-15-2016 | 05:02 PM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

I have a family member that's looking to order the following 991.2. He lives in Orange County and is open to San Diego, Inland Empire, and Los Angeles dealers. He's looking to order the car right now and its dependent on the lead time and discount. Hopefully he's able to get 5-7% off and a short lead time due to it being close to winter.

Any help on SoCal dealers and sales reps are appreciated. Also feedback on the options list would be nice

Old 11-15-2016 | 05:58 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

My thoughts on your very nice build:
1) I would add Smoking Package, so that you get the cover that looks cleaner than the hole, and gives you additional 12V socket (doesn't matter if you smoke or not, it's just nicer, and it's free).
2) GT Silver is great
3) There are mixed feelings about Power Steering+, some like it / some don't. Some who have it, wish they didn't order it. I've had it on a couple of my Cayennes, decided to skip it on my new Turbo, and don't miss it. You can save $270.
4) Regarding the PASM Sport Suspension, that lowers the vehicle, I'd skip it as I believe the "S" model already has PASM, and personally I'm not in favor of a lower suspension, as the standard clearance is already minimal, and lowering it further increases the chances of scraping on driveways.
5) Don't have ACC -- some really like it -- thought it was expensive, so I skipped it.
6) I assume you've checked out the 14Way versus 18Way seats, and you prefer the 18. I went with 14, and they are the most comfortable seats I've ever had, better than the 14Way in my Cayenne -- tighter fit.
7) Not sure if your wheels come with the colored center, if not, I'd consider adding it, and perhaps delete the Porsche Crest on the headrests -- as there's plenty of Porsche emblems on the vehicle.

Anyway the car looks great.

Last edited by philg3; 11-15-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-16-2016 | 05:43 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
I have a family member that's looking to order the following 991.2. He lives in Orange County and is open to San Diego, Inland Empire, and Los Angeles dealers. He's looking to order the car right now and its dependent on the lead time and discount. Hopefully he's able to get 5-7% off and a short lead time due to it being close to winter.

Any help on SoCal dealers and sales reps are appreciated. Also feedback on the options list would be nice

You have PM
Old 11-16-2016 | 06:57 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i declined given i have a christmas delivery car... even if porsche said they HAVE to by law put snows and such on the car because of Euro law (and they give u sets of chains).. i guess by law you have to have in car there for winter.
At least in Germany what the law actually says is M+S tires ("Mud and Snow"). I dunno about other Euro countries.

That is a bit confusing from an American perspective where the term "M+S" is rarely used and not well-defined. It is a subset of all-season tires. The marking is defined over there.

The point is, unlike true winter tires those M+S are not entirely useless in summer. And apart from less grip they run pretty well on dry roads (unless they are runflats).
Old 12-21-2016 | 02:24 PM
booshala
3rd Gear

991.2 C2 Base with MSRP for 113k with 2600 miles on it and warranty punched 10 months ago. Launch vehicle, so probably some Porsche sales manager or executive drove it around for a while. They were advertising it for 106k.

I started the ball off with a request for 15% off MSRP, they countered with $10,000 off (8.8%) and wouldn't budge. I was toying around with their last/best/final offer for a second until I saw that the MRM and the MSRP were $3000 off. Which then brought the residual from 71% to 68.8%. This took the deal from "I could possibly live with it" to "definitely not".

Have read some data points about guys getting around 20% discounts in similar situations so I'm pretty surprised they weren't willing to discount above 9%. Especially since I'd be paying Porsche's ridiculous money factor on their lease program.

With the launch vehicles typically having so many bells and whistles, it'd actually cost $15 less a month for me to build the car the way I want it and get a 5% discount because I'd come in under the MRM. Just thought that maybe I'd be able to sneak in a good end of year deal, make my peace with certain options I didn't want but get the car before year's end and call it a wash... guess not.
Old 12-21-2016 | 04:24 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by booshala
991.2 C2 Base with MSRP for 113k with 2600 miles on it and warranty punched 10 months ago. Launch vehicle, so probably some Porsche sales manager or executive drove it around for a while. They were advertising it for 106k.

I started the ball off with a request for 15% off MSRP, they countered with $10,000 off (8.8%) and wouldn't budge. I was toying around with their last/best/final offer for a second until I saw that the MRM and the MSRP were $3000 off. Which then brought the residual from 71% to 68.8%. This took the deal from "I could possibly live with it" to "definitely not".

Have read some data points about guys getting around 20% discounts in similar situations so I'm pretty surprised they weren't willing to discount above 9%. Especially since I'd be paying Porsche's ridiculous money factor on their lease program.

With the launch vehicles typically having so many bells and whistles, it'd actually cost $15 less a month for me to build the car the way I want it and get a 5% discount because I'd come in under the MRM. Just thought that maybe I'd be able to sneak in a good end of year deal, make my peace with certain options I didn't want but get the car before year's end and call it a wash... guess not.
They are selling it as a used car (it should be)? In which case you are not starting from MSRP. It's used. That should be well under 100k selling price IMO.
Old 12-21-2016 | 05:14 PM
booshala
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by spiderv6
They are selling it as a used car (it should be)? In which case you are not starting from MSRP. It's used. That should be well under 100k selling price IMO.
Totally agree with you on the selling price but this would be my first Porsche so I got caught up in the moment. If they had agreed to the 100k sales price, I would've gone ahead, and then come home and kicked myself for paying a non residualized 1:1 on the amount above the MRM. Now see that it's $4200 over MRM, not $3000 which makes it even worse.

They were selling it as "new" because there's no registered owner on file, but everyone knows that it's a used car. I'm sure if I came back to the dealership with the same car at 2500 miles in, they'd want me to take a 20k haircut. I understand, that they need to make money on the spread, I just figured that they'd be more willing to play ball with all the prospective year end sales bonuses.

Edit: Salesperson called this morning and said they're now offering $101k. Told him I still wasn't interested at that price, seems like he's written me off as too much trouble.

Quick Reply: fair 991.2 discount