Sponsored by:

Feature coding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 10:35 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by P991GTS
On mine, the climate settings can be saved to memory (1, 2 and/or Key). I like starting the car without the load of the A/C.

The radio is a frustrating one. When I remember, I hit the source button and select AUX (I don't have anything connected to it) before shutting the engine off. If I don't, the radio comes on the next time; even if I was listening to music via Bluetooth when I shut it off.
Rarely use A/C in SF, it's always off at start-up on my car...linked perhaps to memory package?
Old 08-19-2016, 02:42 AM
DannieK
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

To avoid having the radio turn on every time you start the car hold the on/off button down for at least 5 seconds before turning the car off. The next time you start it up the radio will be off. That works for 2016 models and earlier. Don't know if the same applies to the new PCM and ApplePlay.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:05 AM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

I would love to enable roll up and roll down with the fob.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:42 AM
911Forever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmedude
I would love to enable roll up and roll down with the fob.
I find it interesting that my $35K 2011 Honda Pilot has this capability but not in our $100+K 991.

This is just a s/w coding that would not add any weight and with a minimal s/w programming cost but I'm sure Porsche has some rational reason not to add it.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:28 AM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
I simply want Windows up/down with keyfob. I enjoy rolling them down as I walk up. And I enjoy rolling them up as I walk away. It makes entering it more comfortable and locking up a little faster.
Smarttop allows you to do this on a cabriolet or targa. I think coupe owners are out of luck.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:05 PM
BIGWORM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,057 Likes on 532 Posts

UPDATE:

I was able to have my DEALER enable some features to my 2017 911 S. Windows will now go down with unlock if I hold it. My glass roof will open too!

I got a couple other things programmed the way I wanted too.

But they could NOT figure out how to get the MPH LIMIT off the PCM and on the MFD. They said it was "enabled" to do so, but it has not shown up on the MFD yet.

Just thought I would let you guys know the 2117 911's CAN get windows DOWN and glass top open with unlock if you want. They can remove a lot of NAGs too. Some they might not want too, but they might if you ask nicely...

Tipping new service reps 20 bucks the second I meet them has always served me well. Today, I got exactly what I wanted and it didnt cost me a dime, other than the 20 bucks I tipped.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:21 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

That's good to know. I miss the windows up when locking with the fob that I had on my 996.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:45 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Forever
I find it interesting that my $35K 2011 Honda Pilot has this capability but not in our $100+K 991.

This is just a s/w coding that would not add any weight and with a minimal s/w programming cost but I'm sure Porsche has some rational reason not to add it.
Are you sure about that? Aren't 1's heavier than 0's!
Old 08-26-2016, 11:57 AM
Curvfun
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

UPDATE:

I was able to have my DEALER enable some features to my 2017 911 S. Windows will now go down with unlock if I hold it. My glass roof will open too!

But they could NOT figure out how to get the MPH LIMIT off the PCM and on the MFD. They said it was "enabled" to do so, but it has not shown up on the MFD yet.

Just thought I would let you guys know the 2117 911's CAN get windows DOWN and glass top open with unlock if you want. They can remove a lot of NAGs too. Some they might not want too, but they might if you ask nicely...

Tipping new service reps 20 bucks the second I meet them has always served me well. Today, I got exactly what I wanted and it didnt cost me a dime, other than the 20 bucks I tipped.
Tell us what else you were able to get changed besides getting the windows to go down with the unlock button? I'd like to understand what the dealer can do in case I'd like some of the same changes. For instance, on the '17 991.2 S, if you open the door while you have the car in gear, it sets the parking brake. So, if you open the door to check out how close to a curb you're parking, you have to release the parking brake to make it go. Plus, it will not go at all with the door open. Drives me crazy trying to make minor parking adjustments.

I have several BMW's that I've changed all kinds of stuff on because the s/w for doing it is generally available. I wish someone would find a similar application for us to use on the Porsches.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:30 PM
Peruna
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

UPDATE:

Awesome! Did you happen to ask whether they can do the same with a 991.1?
Old 08-27-2016, 03:19 AM
amet
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ispool
Awesome! Did you happen to ask whether they can do the same with a 991.1?
my 991.1 does that , I figured it was like that by default on all.... first thing I tried coming from VW where this is a standard feature as well.

hold lock on keyfob will close the windows and sunroof and unlock will roll them down and open the sunroof.

Quick Reply: Feature coding?