Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions of Ext/Int Color Combos

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 01:50 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Opinions of Ext/Int Color Combos

I am looking to order a 991.2 in the next 6-18 months. I pretty much have the options I want locked in but I am still a little wishy washy on the colors of the exterior and interior and I would like to hear some other thoughts. Here is want I have it narrowed down to and my own pros and cons.

White with Agate Gray Interior

Pro - I have always liked this color combo. I think the white is easy to keep clean and does not show scratches. Plus white is cool in the summer heat of So California.

Con - There is NOTHING special about a white Porsche. I am concerned the Agate Gray interior will show dirt and stains and be a bit difficult to repair/restore years down the road.

White with Black Interiro

Pros - I currently have black interior and I am pleased with it. Does a great job hiding dirt.

Con - EVERYONE has a black interior. OK not everyone but it is by far the most common that I have seen and the black interior gets hot which negates the coolness of the white paint.

Graphite Blue / Agate Gray

Pro - I think this is a pretty nice color. Not everyone's taste but I like it. It is different and to my eye, actually changes from blue to gray depending on the surroundings.

Con - Might be much harder to get a color match should I have a mishap down the road. Same issues with the Gray interior getting dirty and I am not sure there is enough contrast between the gray of the graphite blue and the gray of the Agate.

Graphite Blue / Black

Pro - Black interior would hide the dirt and provide the contrast.

Iv'e had a lot of fun researching and selecting options and have found a lot of different opinions and some great ideas I had not thought of when it comes to those options. Just trying to do the same with color combos and I am still completely open to other ideas.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:10 PM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

If you can find the $$$, black with deviated stitching is the way to go. Care-wise, Agate should not be any different than black IMHO.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:15 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Base on the poll, it looks like you really want White Exterior with Black Interior. Any of those combinations are going to look good.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:23 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

I had both white and carrera white. Carrera is a much nicer color and really gleams in the sunlight.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:36 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by beaverlake
If you can find the $$$, black with deviated stitching is the way to go. Care-wise, Agate should not be any different than black IMHO.
OK how do I order deviated stitching? It is no where to be found on the configurator.

Originally Posted by -Ryan-
Base on the poll, it looks like you really want White Exterior with Black Interior. Any of those combinations are going to look good.
Actually, lately the color I have been wanting is white with grey. But the only color that I have actually printed out is the Graphite Blue. So I am still on the fence.

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
I had both white and carrera white. Carrera is a much nicer color and really gleams in the sunlight.
That's a great idea that I hadn't really thought of. Thank you.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:27 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
Agreed -- that's what I ordered. Based upon the interior colors you are considering I would go with the Black, as it contrasts nicely with the Carrara White. True that the Black interior is common , and for the most part that's what dealers order, because who doesn't like black -- very functional, and easy to keep clean, easy to sell. Nothing not to like.

I do prefer lighter interior colors (seems more upbeat), and with the two tones, the lighter colors don't get in your face. Almost anything will go with the Carrara White. For the record, and against my wife's, son's, and daughter in law's recommendations I went with the Black / Bordeaux -- after all, it is a sports car, and this combo is featured prominently in the new 911 Turbo book. Saw it in real life, and it works for me.

More in line with your thinking, you might consider graphite blue interior -- would go well with the Carrara White.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:39 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by philg3
Agreed -- that's what I ordered. Based upon the interior colors you are considering I would go with the Black, as it contrasts nicely with the Carrara White. True that the Black interior is common , and for the most part that's what dealers order, because who doesn't like black -- very functional, and easy to keep clean, easy to sell. Nothing not to like.

I do prefer lighter interior colors (seems more upbeat), and with the two tones, the lighter colors don't get in your face. Almost anything will go with the Carrara White. For the record, and against my wife's, son's, and daughter in law's recommendations I went with the Black / Bordeaux -- after all, it is a sports car, and this combo is featured prominently in the new 911 Turbo book. Saw it in real life, and it works for me.

More in line with your thinking, you might consider graphite blue interior -- would go well with the Carrara White.
I bet the C white with black/bordeaux looks great. But I am too conservative for a two tone interior.

I walked away from a vehicle about a year ago because it had a blue interior. Blue is truly one of my favorite colors but for some reason, not inside a car.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:41 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

What an IDIOT!

I totally messed up the pole.

Was supposed to be

wht/gry
wht/blk
blu/gry
blu/blk

Guess I suck at computers too.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:47 PM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

Please tell us what the exact build is and we can give you a better suggestion. Rim style/color? Glass sunroof? Which headlights? Which tail lights?
Old 07-04-2016, 05:13 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
I bet the C white with black/bordeaux looks great. But I am too conservative for a two tone interior.

I walked away from a vehicle about a year ago because it had a blue interior. Blue is truly one of my favorite colors but for some reason, not inside a car.
I'm not a blue guy in much of anything. That said, I'd totally consider this IF and only if you could specify a black steering wheel. Or a black "upper" like you can get with the black/red or brown/tan combos. But I never want my hands on anything but a black or dark brown steering wheel. I'm sure they'd do it for you (put a black wheel with this) but it would probably be Exclusive and slow things down a bit.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:44 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

What an IDIOT!

I totally messed up the pole.

Was supposed to be

wht/gry
wht/blk
blu/gry
blu/blk

Guess I suck at computers too.
Ha. That's what I was referring to.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:47 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bmedude
Please tell us what the exact build is and we can give you a better suggestion. Rim style/color? Glass sunroof? Which headlights? Which tail lights?
991.2 CS

White or Graphite Blue or Carrera White

Black or Agate Gray interior

Standard Carrera S Rims - Possibly Carrera Sport

Painted Crests either way

14 way seats - fit me better than 18 way
Sport Package and all it includes
Entry and Drive
PDK
PDCC and SPASM
FAL
PSE
LCA
BOSE

Pretty much set on everything except the stuff at the top in bold
Old 07-04-2016, 05:49 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

991.2 CS

White or Graphite Blue or Carrera White

Black or Agate Gray interior

Standard Carrera S Rims - Possibly Carrera Sport

Painted Crests either way

14 way seats - fit me better than 18 way
Sport Package and all it includes
Entry and Drive
PDK
PDCC and SPASM
FAL
PSE
LCA
BOSE

Pretty much set on everything except the stuff at the top in bold
Oh yeah, I might just might maybe add the MF steering wheel but I am pretty happy with the standard stalk to control stuff.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:50 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I'm not a blue guy in much of anything. That said, I'd totally consider this IF and only if you could specify a black steering wheel. Or a black "upper" like you can get with the black/red or brown/tan combos. But I never want my hands on anything but a black or dark brown steering wheel. I'm sure they'd do it for you (put a black wheel with this) but it would probably be Exclusive and slow things down a bit.

That blue interior would not work for me long term. I agree with the black steering wheel. My last Porsche had a tan interior and steering wheel. Never again.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:17 PM
rccarlton
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carrara white, black interior, Carrera S in platinum satin would be my choice.

Quick Reply: Opinions of Ext/Int Color Combos