Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions of Ext/Int Color Combos

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 11:30 AM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus_Smedstad
I think letting other people vote on the color of your car isn't a good idea. The car's supposed to be about your tastes, not the preferences of strangers on the internet.

I much prefer colors like sapphire blue or amaranth red (the color of my C4S) over white, black, or gray. Simply because I'd rather have color than a grayscale shade, and I much prefer the metallic colors over things like Guards Red. But that's my taste, and not yours.
I think I agree with you completely and while I did post a poll to get opinions on color, I think my real goal was to get folks to tell me stuff that would make me think about this build in different ways. For example, what KIND of car am I building. Hadn't thought of that before.

And your comment about no gray tones. I too want to avoid the black, silver and gray as I see a ton of them at every Porsche event. I hadn't really thought of white as being a gray tone but you are correct.

As I mentioned before, this has been a super fun process for me and I really appreciate your input and all the replies to my thread.

Thank you
Old 07-05-2016, 06:04 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

The configurator is very helpful in narrowing down the choices, and visiting a dealer to see actual color / combos, can help you narrow down the prospects further -- you can search dealer inventory, so see if a particular dealer has a combo that intrigues you. In addition, there are exclusive design studios in Beverly Hills, and Atlanta that could be helpful.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:06 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Carrara White and Agate is just fine. I think it would have to be paired with a dark trim like carbon fiber. Compared to some of the two tone offerings I would say its on the more blander side. IF you are going for full leather in Agate interior you might as well take advantage of the two tone leather + deviated stitching by paying an extra $430.

I think these will work too.. Just to give you an idea.

Carrara White/Black/CF Int/White Deviated Stitching/White Gauges
Carrara White/Black and Umber/ CF Int/Black Gauges
Carrara White/Black and Bourdeaux/ CF Int/ Black Gauges

Graphite Blue is a unique color which I think only a black interior works with. I think the Graphite/Chalk actually looks really good and very luxorious but I just cant see it in a 911. I think a Panamera with the right combo will look really nice with Graphite/Chalk.

Stephen
Old 07-05-2016, 10:30 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by bernpep
Yes! Subtle but that sparkle is there!
I ordered mine w/ red - black 2 tone.
I love it!!!
I wasn't as daring but I love the contrasts. I went with red gauges and white trim.
Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2016, 04:39 PM
atm75
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It's totally subjective but I'm with you on being on the more subtle side. Thought of some more sources to get inspiration and get a better feel for how your 911 could look like

- Go through all the pages of Edurardos excellent Exclusive thread - tons of inspiration in there
- Go to dealers and ask to see if they have any special cars with special interiors (to get an feeling for how things actually look)
- Go to cars & coffee, POC or PCA events and check out owners' cars for the same reason
- As already suggested, download the plugin and play with the advanced configurator

Good luck and please post pictures once you've taken delivery
Old 07-06-2016, 04:43 PM
atm75
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
I wasn't as daring but I love the contrasts. I went with red gauges and white trim.
Very different from my own GTS but really liked it - special but still very clean
Old 07-06-2016, 06:22 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

What is the "advanced" configurator?

These are all great ideas and have really expanded my options.

Maybe Carrera White with Expresso int

Or Camine Red with Expresso

Hadn't thought of those before.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:04 AM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had ordered white, I would have ordered two tone Natural Leather Espresso/Cognac. Unusual and beautiful contrast.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:28 AM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Yes, LOTS of contrast on that combo but the natural leather is too light for my taste and I know my wife would hate it.

Had Sahara Beige leather interior on my last C4 and I was OK with the interior by my bride was not.

Quick Reply: Opinions of Ext/Int Color Combos