Price advice: CPO 2013 C2S Cab w/repainted fenders+bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 10:10 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
Price too high IMO, prob worth $73k
I disagree, It's worth more. Good luck with the purchase.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Agate991
4th Gear

Aspir8 Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewTJ50
The dealer has come down to $81.5k but won't go lower than that (rejected my offer of $80,500).

Is there some dealer add on that you deem of value that could be negotiated as part of the deal to help narrow the $1K gap.

Paint Protection Film on that newly painted front end or wheel/tire coverage or prepaid service, etc. Something that you value that can be sold to you cheaper than dealer retail pricing, but where dealer can still make a couple bucks to help sweeten the deal for them?
Agree to what Aspir8 said.

It's fair price. Don't let $1k stop you from buying.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:26 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oalvarez
As to the bumper re-sprays, I don't agree. Again, a dealer does touch ups, area re-sprays, wheel re-sprays/touch-ups, paintless dent repair....but a prospective buyer would not necessarily know that unless the dealer OR private party was forthcoming (or knew what exactly to look for). Again, a re-sprayed bumper cover should not set the basis for buying a used car or not. That's my opinion.
Hell the first they do if they're worth a damn is pull out the paint meter.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Vikas Desai
Cruisin'

Default too high

its a nice car but the price is a little high , cabs don't really hold their value as well as coupes do, keep shopping around, go out of state and get it delivered as long car is a cpo....i just got a 2012 c2 pdk coupe for 60K 13,000mi...
Old 04-08-2016, 02:37 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts

Did they take pictures perhaps before the paint work? Did they just blend into the panels after a nose cap replacement or full repaint?

I'd walk, personally I think you can find a better car for low-mid 80s.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:41 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
Sure stuff happens, but when it comes to resale, paintwork = lower value, simple as that. Try taking a car with re-sprayed bumpers to a dealer for trade-in valuation and see what they say.
+100 same dealer would in fact offer you $10K lower than book for paint work on sheet metal. Bumper is a different thing although they would likely hit you for that too. Been there done that, more than once.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:22 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
....Bumper is a different thing although they would likely hit you for that too.....
exactly. my dealer didn't but I was up front and honest about it. they were familiar with me and the car, maybe that helped. I don't think it's anything to get worked up about on modern day daily drivers (as opposed to collectible/vintage cars) as long as the car is accident free (that's a different story). remember folks, touch-ups, bumper repair, oem/aftermarket body kit paint jobs, wheel repair, dent repair, so many owners do such, just read the threads around this place, it's definitely not an uncommon practice.

chips happen.

Quick Reply: Price advice: CPO 2013 C2S Cab w/repainted fenders+bumper