Sponsored by:

GTS mesh grill question

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 05:07 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by nav991.2gts
Product looks nice from a distance. During the install, I noticed that the two lower tabs on the smaller two grills (left and right of the center piece) are angled too high and require more force with a long screw driver to bend and push them down. (My above pics from inside the air intake shows the two tabs sticking up). Even with this they are not as snug as I would like. My beef about the two outer grills is that the horizontal bar on the air intake impedes a tight fit (there is a gap) on the medial/inside portion. (shown in pic).

Ease of Installation 7/10
Quality of Product 10/10
Product size/accuracy for opening of air intake 6/10 (They may need to tweak the design a little for a more seamless fit with no gaps).
Great info....thanks.

I just flew back into MN and picked mine up, which I had held at the local FedEx shop until i got back into town.

One positive is there was NO DUTY/CUSTOM fee charged.

The product looks great out of the box....sure hope for a better fit than you have. Oh well.
Attached Images    
Old 08-04-2017, 06:57 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please post your experiences. I'm not a good DIY guy but want the mesh for my GTS. Hoping to find one that I can easily fit on.

also is it easily removed for clean up behind it etc. Thx
Old 08-05-2017, 03:57 PM
gearboxtrouble
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just installed the Zunsport grille on my 991.1 GTS. It was fairly easy to install and it the quality is good. The side grilles are a little bit tricky to fit and don't look seamless but overall, I'm satisfied with the look and think they add some much needed protection for Houston's highways where there's a lot of random sh*t flying around everywhere.

Ordering and shipping was a breeze - I ordered it Tuesday late night and it was delivered to my home in Houston on Friday morning. There were no additional duties or customs clearance issues to handle.

Last edited by gearboxtrouble; 08-05-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:05 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Great info....thanks.

I just flew back into MN and picked mine up, which I had held at the local FedEx shop until i got back into town.

One positive is there was NO DUTY/CUSTOM fee charged.

The product looks great out of the box....sure hope for a better fit than you have. Oh well.
Any update on fit/ ease of installation on 991.2?
Old 05-15-2018, 03:41 PM
991GTA
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered these for my 991.2 gts - a little disappointed that they don't have an option for the outer grill + inner left and right grill since the gts doesn't have a center rad as standard. They have 3 options, outer grill set, center grill set, or full set.

I'll report back on fitment once I have them installed
Old 05-15-2018, 04:10 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Alternatives

I am very sorry but I disrespect Lexvan' s insults to everyone. I have owned new Porsches since 1974 and he insults me on many ignorant occasions. I have posted many mesh grill opinions. I have many and have been impressed with each but not insultingly as he expresses.. If you wish an insulting opinion, just post it. LexVan WILL respond. He is an expert at insults! He must lack the same solid education I have. I can afford Porsches without verbal insults. Please pay no attention to him.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:19 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by gearboxtrouble
Just installed the Zunsport grille on my 991.1 GTS. It was fairly easy to install and it the quality is good. The side grilles are a little bit tricky to fit and don't look seamless but overall, I'm satisfied with the look and think they add some much needed protection for Houston's highways where there's a lot of random sh*t flying around everywhere.

Ordering and shipping was a breeze - I ordered it Tuesday late night and it was delivered to my home in Houston on Friday morning. There were no additional duties or customs clearance issues to handle.

I have a full set of these for a 991.2 GTS available in new condition for $150. PM me if you want. Got rid of the GTS for a Targa bc I have a GT3 allocation and didn't need two GT cars.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:35 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a GTS 991.2. Ordered these, had them in three days ( one day delay because I wasn't home when Fedex came). It took longer to unwrap them, than to install them. I didn't install the mid screen for my own cosmetic reasons. I liked the outside and center screened with the mids open. Also, lets me easily reach in if I need too. They look and work great, I give them my recommendation!
Old 04-29-2019, 07:51 PM
rwsteelers
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Just ordered the Zunsport's for new 991.2 GTS. Ordered them on Amazon, they will arrive in a week or so, not worried about the wait. Still two months ahead of the car which starts production May 10.

Update, they grills arrived today - 2 day shipping. If only the car could move forward this quickly

Looking forward to install, just spent $1,300 fixing damage from stone through condenser on current car.

Last edited by rwsteelers; 04-30-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Quick Reply: GTS mesh grill question