Sponsored by:

991 Vorsteiner Diffuser Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 01:33 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Looks like the Porsche one would just be mounted under the car possibly. I like how the Vorsteiner piece ties into the bumper.
Check out this site explains a lot about the function of a proper diffuser and "Pressure Recovery"............

http://superhachi.com/theory/downforce/
Old 02-19-2016, 01:37 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the Vorsteiner diffuser and their ducktail on my 991 black. Really looks great, quite subtle but aggressive.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:14 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 683 Posts

Congrats on the diffuser install. It looks fantastic!

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
you have to wonder how much Suncoast will charge for this part if it will fit
under a GT3 (or even a WB 991)
I must admit I would like to do something like this for my GT3, but with how low the GT3 sits, and center exhaust, I'm not sure that would work.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:00 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

It can and will scrape going down a curb or driveway, with spasm...the good thing is that where it scrapes is far deeper in than where you will ever see the scrapes unless your underneath the car. I have opted to remove my diffuser as I'm sticking with a more stock look. This is the first time I've seen the scrapes on mine although I thought I heard something once...

Last edited by SJJ28; 02-19-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:20 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,333 Likes on 751 Posts

Originally Posted by SJJ28
It can and will scrape going down a curb or driveway, with spasm...the good thing is that where it scrapes is far deeper in than where you will ever see the scrapes unless your underneath the car. I have opted to remove my diffuser as I'm sticking with a more stock look. This is the first time I've seen the scrapes on mine although I thought I heard something once... Mine is available, and will be going up for sale at a significant discount in the next week. It's perfect, except for the scratches way under there. Includes factory packaging, certificate of authenticity and Vorsteiner license plate!
Pm me the price you are looking for with some pics.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:27 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Mine is sold

Last edited by SJJ28; 02-19-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:01 PM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by gbree
Correct! The air can travel faster under the car, so it creates a lower pressure zone under the car (excuse my non-technical lingo). The fins also contain the air flow, keeping it away from the spinning wheels.
Yes, pressure is inversely proportional to velocity (squared)
Old 02-20-2016, 09:29 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Just so you guys know, Vorsteiner recently reduced the prices on these. Around $2K now.

They used to be pushing $3K in the past I believe.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:12 PM
airwar
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vorsteiner = Class Action Lawsuit

So I purchased my complete Vorsteiner V-GT kit for my 991 exactly one year ago today. After a year of driving and putting on around 30k miles in that year, my Vorsteiner diffuser is showing signs of decay and dissolving. Apparently they state that they tested these units for 100k miles (total lie) as it turns out - the engine heats up and causes the rear diffuser to heat and cool repeatedly - this won't last more than 25k miles in even the most agreeable weather conditions.

Splitting and shredding originally started 2 months ago. They said that it would not fall apart and that it was safe to use. Two months after that official statement by them, as of this morning it has just split completely in two. They also stated that they would honor factory warranty, however have not fulfilled in doing so with countless excuses and derailed questions unrelated to anything regarding this matter (talking of how busy they are, how they are looking into the matter, how they are researching other sales and warranty claims).
No 'research' they exhibited proved to accomplish anything. I am now sorting legal action after 2 months o useless attempts to resolve this peacefully and fairly and am in the process of filing a class action against them in case you are unaware of this or have experienced this sort of issue yourself. If you have experienced this, please make sure to have proof on hand as it will be required moving forward. Reach out to me on here for additional details.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:26 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,190 Likes on 715 Posts

Thanks for the information - good to know. Keep us posted.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:06 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by airwar
So I purchased my complete Vorsteiner V-GT kit for my 991 exactly one year ago today. After a year of driving and putting on around 30k miles in that year, my Vorsteiner diffuser is showing signs of decay and dissolving. Apparently they state that they tested these units for 100k miles (total lie) as it turns out - the engine heats up and causes the rear diffuser to heat and cool repeatedly - this won't last more than 25k miles in even the most agreeable weather conditions.

Splitting and shredding originally started 2 months ago. They said that it would not fall apart and that it was safe to use. Two months after that official statement by them, as of this morning it has just split completely in two. They also stated that they would honor factory warranty, however have not fulfilled in doing so with countless excuses and derailed questions unrelated to anything regarding this matter (talking of how busy they are, how they are looking into the matter, how they are researching other sales and warranty claims).
No 'research' they exhibited proved to accomplish anything. I am now sorting legal action after 2 months o useless attempts to resolve this peacefully and fairly and am in the process of filing a class action against them in case you are unaware of this or have experienced this sort of issue yourself. If you have experienced this, please make sure to have proof on hand as it will be required moving forward. Reach out to me on here for additional details.

Can we see pictures?? Or it didn't happen.

What area of the country do you live?

30K miles in one year? Whoa! So you bought the diffuser brand new one year ago?

Last edited by STG; 02-21-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:29 PM
gbree
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

So I purchased my complete Vorsteiner V-GT kit for my 991 exactly one year ago today. After a year of driving and putting on around 30k miles in that year, my Vorsteiner diffuser is showing signs of decay and dissolving. Apparently they state that they tested these units for 100k miles (total lie) as it turns out - the engine heats up and causes the rear diffuser to heat and cool repeatedly - this won't last more than 25k miles in even the most agreeable weather conditions. Splitting and shredding originally started 2 months ago. They said that it would not fall apart and that it was safe to use. Two months after that official statement by them, as of this morning it has just split completely in two. They also stated that they would honor factory warranty, however have not fulfilled in doing so with countless excuses and derailed questions unrelated to anything regarding this matter (talking of how busy they are, how they are looking into the matter, how they are researching other sales and warranty claims). No 'research' they exhibited proved to accomplish anything. I am now sorting legal action after 2 months o useless attempts to resolve this peacefully and fairly and am in the process of filing a class action against them in case you are unaware of this or have experienced this sort of issue yourself. If you have experienced this, please make sure to have proof on hand as it will be required moving forward. Reach out to me on here for additional details.
Could you please share pictures with us?
Old 02-21-2016, 11:54 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Somewhat of an odd first post...
Old 02-23-2016, 05:22 PM
omfs27
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo
I have the Vorsteiner diffuser and their ducktail on my 991 black. Really looks great, quite subtle but aggressive.
Any pictures? I have a ductail and am very interested in this diffuser.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:33 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by omfs27
Any pictures? I have a ductail and am very interested in this diffuser.
Sorry didn't see your post until today. I ran out and snapped a few from the garage, not the greatest quality.

http://imgur.com/a/3e3J1

Quick Reply: 991 Vorsteiner Diffuser Installed