What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 04:33 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bemo
R should start his own forum.
I recommend "RANTLIST" as the name and will be sure to visit often and laugh!

Thin skinned folks best avoid it...
Exactly - lots of people be trolling right now. If you don't care then don't respond. If you want certain content then do something about it...

The opposite of love is not hate - it is indifference.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:05 PM
RRDnA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Exactly - lots of people be trolling right now. If you don't care then don't respond. If you want certain content then do something about it...The opposite of love is not hate - it is indifference.
Self awareness is a wonderful thing........

Originally Posted by Dewinator
I just disagree, I feel like people who are happy with their cars shouldn’t have their lives ruined by a little good-natured ribbing
That would be fine if that was the case - the problem is its not just a "little good-natured ribbing" - this is someone who has taken material from this site and manipulated it in order to mock another person on this site.

This is not about thin skin.

This is about mature behaviour, honesty and integrity.

He could apologise to the person in question - simple and straightforward.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:55 PM
MemeMagno
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I just purchased...

A whole 991.1 Coupe. New to this group after many years on the 997. Pictures coming soon.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:56 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RRDnA
That would be fine if that was the case - the problem is its not just a "little good-natured ribbing" - this is someone who has taken material from this site and manipulated it in order to mock another person on this site.

This is not about thin skin.

This is about mature behaviour, honesty and integrity.

He could apologise to the person in question - simple and straightforward.
I don’t equate mocking someone’s car to mocking them personally, I think if you can’t handle someone making fun of your car than that’s almost a dictionary definition of thin skin.

But I’m well aware that some people on here don’t like me either due to I’m not particularly “mature” or always act like a “grown up” but that’s who I am and I’m perfectly content with not everyone liking me (or my car for that matter).
Old 04-13-2018, 10:25 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Way to much time being paid to R and his disruption. I am a sarcastic dick at times too but never disrespectful. It also about being annoying on threads just to be annoying not to add any argumentative value. It just makes reading some threads nearly impossible to stay on subject like what is happening now.
To be honest not worth the effort. It's just a car forum. I'm going to own a Porsche whether I come here or not. Really don't need put up with the petty BS just to protect someone's right to act child like because sometimes he adds value.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:55 AM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by MemeMagno
A whole 991.1 Coupe. New to this group after many years on the 997. Pictures coming soon.
Congrats! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Old 04-14-2018, 10:35 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by MemeMagno
That's a very nice build for both performance and aesthetics! It seems you knew what to look for. Your prior car in your avatar is a beauty too.
Welcome!
Old 04-14-2018, 10:39 AM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
I don’t equate mocking someone’s car to mocking them personally, I think if you can’t handle someone making fun of your car than that’s almost a dictionary definition of thin skin.

But I’m well aware that some people on here don’t like me either due to I’m not particularly “mature” or always act like a “grown up” but that’s who I am and I’m perfectly content with not everyone liking me (or my car for that matter).
This! Don't change, we need more of you!
Old 04-14-2018, 11:08 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Just a heads-up that continued thread derailments and trolling after many second chances will result in a permanent loss of posting privileges. Good-natured, occasional ribbing is fine, but constant badgering is considered to be bullying and is not very welcoming. We receive far too many complaints about some of you guys, and we just don't have time to babysit certain people who can't seem to play nice. All of the mods are volunteers, and most of us have full-time jobs/businesses that already keep us busy.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:13 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

^^^Thank you, Mark. We appreciate what all the Moderators do for Rennlist.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:57 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
^^^Thank you, Mark. We appreciate what all the Moderators do for Rennlist.

+1. A time consuming and largely thankless task. Thank you.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:33 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Just a heads-up that continued thread derailments and trolling after many second chances will result in a permanent loss of posting privileges. Good-natured, occasional ribbing is fine, but constant badgering is considered to be bullying and is not very welcoming. We receive far too many complaints about some of you guys, and we just don't have time to babysit certain people who can't seem to play nice. All of the mods are volunteers, and most of us have full-time jobs/businesses that already keep us busy.
Thanks Mark for jumping in and doing what you do. Not an easy task to coral cats.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:48 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Another ban? R must stand for "revolving door"

Old 04-15-2018, 03:03 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

My advice: ignore what you don't like. Letting one poster ruin your experience is just silly. You guys should see a really rowdy forum like VWVortex. There are 10x as many posters like R_Rated and they are far more vicious. Just as many comments have been made about how .1's are slow and have no torque.

I used to moderate a very active forum on which there was much heated debate. Most of the "reported" posts were so innocent it was so tiresome to keep up with. If someone pisses you off, add them to your ignore list or even send them an IM stating they are going too far. Or just ignore it. The signal to noise ratio in here remains very much in favor of signal.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:54 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

R_Rated pls. Has something traumatizing caused this self destructive behavior? Stop banning yourself dude

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread