Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by 911boy
Correct. I believe its a 10mm torx. There are youtube vids. Tough re installing . My dealer did it for me. Spent 15 mins with it up in the air making sure they were perfectly aligned.
10 mm Torx. Unscrew at least 80% to get it off. Just clean the chrome and hit with alcohol. 3-4 LIGHT coats does it. Dries fast between Coats. Done!
Old 04-12-2018, 09:20 PM
RRDnA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Be less like this:

And more like this:

or go drive and be like this:
Right..........

I guess its easy to buy a Porsche. Bt the same token its impossible to buy integrity and honesty, even on the internet.

Enjoy that beautiful white Series II Carrera Coupe you recently purchased, perhaps post your first impressions . How about some photos along with your very nice red Series 1 Cab
Old 04-12-2018, 11:00 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Protomotive tune and Soul catless delete pipes. Clear LED markers and black washer fluid squirter things.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:07 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Don't be a drama queen. I didn't put anything out on the internet that wasn't already uploaded for public consumption and to say I "used images from someone's home" is a gross exaggeration. I believe there was a clear view of a total of 3 bricks... Not even sure if it was a home or a fire station. I have a picture of your home too that is just as malicious:

As a matter of law, in the 1967 case of Katz v. United States, the Supreme Court determined that what a person knowingly exposes to the public, even in his own home or office, is not a subject to the 4th Amendment protection.

Folks, it's the Interwebz and this is a car forum. If you don't want your possessions to be used or referenced in posts, don't make those available.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:19 PM
ajeffrey10
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Bemo
As a matter of law, in the 1967 case of Katz v. United States, the Supreme Court determined that what a person knowingly exposes to the public, even in his own home or office, is not a subject to the 4th Amendment protection.

Folks, it's the Interwebz and this is a car forum. If you don't want your possessions to be used or referenced in posts, don't make those available.

R_Rated. I don’t know you, but I love you.

Face it folks, it’s all out there. In the wind. The Zuck may not admit it, but you might as well as drop trou out here.

We love these cars. Damn, it’s just so easy to get excited.

Long live the N/A 911
Old 04-13-2018, 01:59 AM
RRDnA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whether its a car forum or not is immaterial. People are judged by their actions, a cheap shot is a cheap shot - a lie is a lie.

Back to regular programming indeed.

Did a shake down session today, finished off a set of MPSC2 N1, ordered a set of Trofeo Rs.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:48 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

By the same token it is a website that has owners and they can steer it in a direction they want - lies, deceptive and mocking stuff or useful stuff.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:47 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

[QUOTE=RRDnA;14938375]Right..........

I guess its easy to buy a Porsche. Bt the same token its impossible to buy integrity and honesty, even on the internet.

Agreed. This guy is ruining Rennlist for me.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I just disagree, I feel like people who are happy with their cars shouldn’t have their lives ruined by a little good-natured ribbing about a given gripe that some people might have about their particular car. I love my 911.1S but you can make fun of the PDK or the fact that a .2S will crush it on a 1/4 mile and I’ll be like ok that’s fair. Or Corvette owners or want to point out how much faster for less their cars are. I won’t stop loving how my 360 looks when people say it looks like a melted jellybean because it looks good to me and that’s what matters. If your day is ruined by some internet rando who has different tastes than you indicating such, maybe it’s worth a little introspection into whether it’s worth having a little bit thicker skin and appreciation of the fact that you bought the car because it’s the car you wanted, not because of what other people like.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:14 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator

I just disagree, I feel like people who are happy with their cars shouldn’t have their lives ruined by a little good-natured ribbing about a given gripe that some people might have about their particular car. I love my 911.1S but you can make fun of the PDK or the fact that a .2S will crush it on a 1/4 mile and I’ll be like ok that’s fair. Or Corvette owners or want to point out how much faster for less their cars are. I won’t stop loving how my 360 looks when people say it looks like a melted jellybean because it looks good to me and that’s what matters. If your day is ruined by some internet rando who has different tastes than you indicating such, maybe it’s worth a little introspection into whether it’s worth having a little bit thicker skin and appreciation of the fact that you bought the car because it’s the car you wanted, not because of what other people like.
Yeah a little moralizing - always helpful.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:18 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 72 Posts

That's the problem - it's not good natured, it's not once and awhile, it's incessant, pugilistic, unapologetic, belligerent and an unrelenting assault. It would be easier to tune out if he didn't feel the need to add his banality to every thread. 4,000+ posts and 3,000 of them are vitriolic.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:47 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator

He is certainly not ruining my life, simply the odd time I get on here to read some interesting posts. He seems to infect many/most and spends most of his day doing so. I have the option to not follow anything he contributes to but that is becoming more and more difficult. Its just a forum and its not that important.........
Old 04-13-2018, 03:01 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,406 Likes on 2,513 Posts

I sent you a quick PM with tips for dealing with the Troll. Good luck. Please pass along to BlackBeauty, too, and others.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:07 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,406 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
That's the problem - it's not good natured, it's not once and awhile, it's incessant, pugilistic, unapologetic, belligerent and an unrelenting assault. It would be easier to tune out if he didn't feel the need to add his banality to every thread. 4,000+ posts and 3,000 of them are vitriolic.
I sent you a copy too, BB.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:31 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

R should start his own forum.
I recommend "RANTLIST" as the name and will be sure to visit often and laugh!

Thin skinned folks best avoid it...

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread