Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWE Exhuast Pinging on First Startup

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016 | 04:38 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drsubie
so are you now going back to re-re-edit your posts? this is all terribly confusing...
Yep, already have. Had a misunderstanding and we get it all worked out. Thanks
Old 02-08-2016 | 08:05 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

I would like to make a suggestion to all on this forum. If you have a problem with a vendor, supplier or otherwise, please before you post and create ill will; try first to work it out. If nothing comes of an attempt to solve a problem, then fine, alert us. We all work very hard to deliver our wares, whether it be professional service, automotive or whatever. This thread had not been well served by anyone.
Old 02-08-2016 | 08:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
I would like to make a suggestion to all on this forum. If you have a problem with a vendor, supplier or otherwise, please before you post and create ill will; try first to work it out. If nothing comes of an attempt to solve a problem, then fine, alert us. We all work very hard to deliver our wares, whether it be professional service, automotive or whatever. This thread had not been well served by anyone.
+1 well said.
Old 02-08-2016 | 08:36 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Hi Frank,
I agree to a point! But to make that statement blindly, you should know all the circumstances. How long do you wait for a solution? One day, 2, 3! Each person is different and each circumstance is different. I am not going to get into what was discussed. In your earlier post you said it sounds normal. Well they heard it and they are fixing it! Everything is good now!

When I got a call from them today, I was very happy after 15 minutes of talk. They made it very good and than so did I. I put my posts back up and felt confident again. So did my friend. I am fully behind them now.
Old 02-08-2016 | 09:05 PM
CDH911C2S
Racer

Default +1

+1
Old 02-08-2016 | 09:10 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rxtrom
If that is normal that is terrible. Maybe it was the cell phone quality mic and my laptop speakers but it still sounded like there was an unnecessary vibration. The fact that is goes away after it warms up seems it is strictly the valves on the AWE.
Originally Posted by stratocaster69
Hi Frank,
I agree to a point! But to make that statement blindly, you should know all the circumstances. How long do you wait for a solution? One day, 2, 3! Each person is different and each circumstance is different. I am not going to get into what was discussed. In your earlier post you said it sounds normal. Well they heard it and they are fixing it! Everything is good now!

When I got a call from them today, I was very happy after 15 minutes of talk. They made it very good and than so did I. I put my posts back up and felt confident again. So did my friend. I am fully behind them now.
I am not a "quasi" moderator. All I was trying to convey was that this thread went "south" and IMHO it was in part caused by someone other than the OP taking up the argument. I have no bias here, I thought that what I heard was quite normal, however it was a cellphone reproduction and it appears that something was missed in the translation for sure. All I was trying to convey is that the thread lost its message, it seemed to border to vitriolic.
Old 02-08-2016 | 09:15 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

I am not a "quasi" moderator. All I was trying to convey was that this thread went "south" and IMHO it was in part caused by someone other than the OP taking up the argument. I have no bias here, I thought that what I heard was quite normal, however it was a cellphone reproduction and it appears that something was missed in the translation for sure. All I was trying to convey is that the thread lost its message, it seemed to border to vitriolic.
Frank,

Understood on that part. But to be clear, we are good friends that live a mile apart. She posted before she left the state and than was on vacation and just got back, we were both in talks with them via email. As well, being a new member and trying to learn the forum from abroad with a smart phone.

I understand the confusion though. Vitriolic was not her or my idea of cool. It was to bring an issue out, to get it rectified, and to move on. Thanks
Old 02-08-2016 | 09:35 PM
DEMHIPS
8th Gear

Thing is not all the communication between me, Stratocaster69 and AWE reps were shared with you all. So honestly, where it might seem things went south, not knowing all the communications back and forth you cannot see the whole picture of what has transpired since thread started. I am sure you would be just as frustrated if you were in same situation with a vendor.

They have come through with resolution and both myself and Stratocaster69 are satisfied. Neither of us meant ill will, just wanted some wise input and eventually a resolution from vendor.

Old 02-08-2016 | 09:40 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DEMHIPS
Thing is not all the communication between me, Stratocaster69 and AWE reps were shared with you all. So honestly, where it might seem things went south, not knowing all the communications back and forth you cannot see the whole picture of what has transpired since thread started. I am sure you would be just as frustrated if you were in same situation with a vendor.

They have come through with resolution and both myself and Stratocaster69 are satisfied. Neither of us meant ill will, just wanted some wise input and eventually a resolution from vendor.

^
This
Old 02-08-2016 | 10:06 PM
Vise
Drifting

Totally agreed. A better approach would have been for Strato to post a new thread directed at AWE with his concerns/issues to give them a chance to respond/resolve. Editing and removing all of his prior AWE related posts is beyond confusing and to me makes the issue seem much more serious than it was.

Perhaps just a simple matter of forum etiquette but based on my experience in this area deleting one's entire posting history is usually the nuclear option... as opposed to starting a clean/new thread with concerns and having that work towards resolution with the vendor.

Armchair moderator out.
Old 02-08-2016 | 10:17 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vise
Totally agreed. A better approach would have been for Strato to post a new thread directed at AWE with his concerns/issues to give them a chance to respond/resolve. Editing and removing all of his prior AWE related posts is beyond confusing and to me makes the issue seem much more serious than it was.

Perhaps just a simple matter of forum etiquette but based on my experience in this area deleting one's entire posting history is usually the nuclear option... as opposed to starting a clean/new thread with concerns and having that work towards resolution with the vendor.

Armchair moderator out.
Lesson learned

Last edited by stratocaster69; 02-08-2016 at 10:35 PM.

Quick Reply: AWE Exhuast Pinging on First Startup