Old 01-10-2016 | 07:48 PM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

I love my PSE...
Old 01-10-2016 | 08:32 PM
X2Board
Pro

Originally Posted by Dewinator
PSE is the best thing ever. If I had to choose between no seats and no PSE, I think I'd do without the seats. I would do terrible things to figure out how to get it to come on all the time without having to press the button every time I start the car.
Meh, as a pilot, it's just part of the checklist. I've had the car for less than a month, and that is as automatic as hitting the garage door button, once the ignition is switched on, prior to startup.
Old 01-10-2016 | 09:02 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Originally Posted by X2Board
Meh, as a pilot...
Oh cool me too!
Old 02-22-2016 | 06:45 PM
Maketrax
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG991

PSE center mufflers

So, in that center picture, are those the 2 actuators that the PSE button controls? When actuating PSE should I be able to see those change position?
Old 02-22-2016 | 07:19 PM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

What you are looking at are the actuators for the valves, and yes you should see them move with a press of the Sport Exhaust button. Note that the exhaust comes in two configurations (at least that's what I have seen), in one configuration the valves are in the center of the rear (as shown in the photo), and in the other configuration they are towards the sides.
Old 02-22-2016 | 07:53 PM
Maketrax
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maketrax
So, in that center picture, are those the 2 actuators that the PSE button controls? When actuating PSE should I be able to see those change position?
That's what I thought. I have a new to me 2012 and the PSE wasn't working. I took it in they replaced a vacuum actuator and said it was good to go. There is now a noticeable (though subtle) change in exhaust sound when the PSE button is selected but the valves don't appear to move. Can anyone confirm that the valves should move when you select the PSE button, even when sitting at idle?
Old 02-22-2016 | 08:14 PM
Leenseen
Instructor

Good thread here about PSE and parts required for S retrofit
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ts-prices.html

Ordering the parts seperately (not a kit) and skipping the chromed exhaust tips cost him $1,240.

I'm tempted to do the install and just take to the dealer for programming... anyone seen a DIY?

I read a couple of people have done it...
Old 02-22-2016 | 11:39 PM
X2Board
Pro

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Oh cool me too!
Cool! I think we are attracted to high performance cars, as much as we are to things that fly. I'm on the fling wing side of the fence.
Old 02-23-2016 | 01:18 PM
bittrl1000
Instructor

Originally Posted by Leenseen
I'm tempted to do the install and just take to the dealer for programming... anyone seen a DIY?

The closest I've seen to a DIY on installing the PSE on a 991S is this: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...91s-today.html

This link walks you through removing the stock 991S exhaust, and I believe installing the PSE is just the reverse (except for the need to extend the vacuum lines to reach the centerpoint of the PSE).

I plan to do this install myself late this spring or early summer. I plan to buy only the PSE center muffler, gaskets, hoses, and new keypad for console. Looks like it can all be done for about $1,000 in parts (not to mention the net cost after selling the old center muffler).
Old 02-23-2016 | 03:51 PM
Leenseen
Instructor

Originally Posted by bittrl1000

This link walks you through removing the stock 991S exhaust, and I believe installing the PSE is just the reverse (except for the need to extend the vacuum lines to reach the centerpoint of the PSE).

I plan to do this install myself late this spring or early summer. I plan to buy only the PSE center muffler, gaskets, hoses, and new keypad for console. Looks like it can all be done for about $1,000 in parts (not to mention the net cost after selling the old center muffler).
Thanks for the info... Maybe I'll wait for your DIY!! But we have similar timeline... I'll post any updates I have.
Old 02-23-2016 | 04:27 PM
ScottC2S
Track Day

Very informative post, as I have a non-PSE car and have been considering adding it (at an earlier suggestion from STG991). Now it will be a definite add because I happen to like all of the burble and pop associated with it. I drive through a lot of wooded countryside and believe I would be able to enjoy the music. Based on what I have heard it adds to the character of the car.
Old 02-24-2016 | 08:35 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Ordering the parts seperately (not a kit) and skipping the chromed exhaust tips cost him $1,240.

You're going to make somebody mad LOL
Old 02-24-2016 | 08:57 AM
STG
Race Director

The S tips are not a perfect fit on the PSE. They are different.

Suncoast sells the complete PSE with tips for like $2,500. Cheaper now than when the guy bought all the parts separately. They had this kit on sale closer to $2K a few months back.

Try Sunset Porsche Parts in Oregon too. May be even cheaper.
Old 02-24-2016 | 10:57 AM
bittrl1000
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG991
The S tips are not a perfect fit on the PSE. They are different.
Could I ask you to be more specific? How difficult is it to install non-PSE tips on the PSE? Or what are the consequences of doing so?
Old 02-24-2016 | 11:57 AM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=X2Board;13042522]Cool! I think we are attracted to high performance cars, as much as we are to things that fly. I'm on the fling wing side of the fence.
Me too...

Quick Reply: S PSE vs. Non-PSE