Sponsored by:

Accident

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 01:19 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
Holy cow...$15k to fix that? I hope the other driver's insurance paid for the damage.
Yah that's borderline fraud at 15k. I smashed the entire right side of my rare Boss Laguna Seca on the track last June. I paid out of pocket (shop knew this too from the beginning) and they managed to make it perfect again for a little over 8k + the cost of a new tire and wheel. It was in the shop for over a month.

These shops extorting the insurance companies can't be helping our monthly premiums.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:20 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
Had a similar hit on the wife's Maserati that was over 34k. I'm in the wrong business.
I'd love to see the receipt on that one...
Old 12-16-2015, 09:12 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PJ Cayenne
Holy cow...$15k to fix that? I hope the other driver's insurance paid for the damage.
The $15k included two new rear tires, a new passenger-side rear wheel, and then a bunch of painting and blending.

The other guy's insurance sent an appraiser who wrote up a repair invoice for $3k. I pushed back, and they raised the offer to like $6k. They were still $9k away from the shop's own estimate, so I ended up making the claim against my own insurance (they agreed to the $15k shop estimate) and they will subrogate against the other guy's insurance. This goes against everything I stand for, but I couldn't deal with having an unrepaired vehicle and bickering with the other guy's company.

I also have a significant diminished value claim. The excitement does not stop.

Quick Reply: Accident