Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove both and bought the GTS.
It's MUCH more satisfying to drive IMO.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:03 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Nonsense. That's a drag race. Weight is absolutely relevant to the comparison. Aerodynamics doesn't matter much until the cars are up to speed, but power to weight ratio certainly matters in how fast each car gets to that speed.

And you're wrong on your second point as well, as the 911 actually has a better drag coefficient than the GT4 (.30 vs. .32).
You cited the weight advantage of the GT4 at speed! The weight advantage of rear grip helped the GTS get going despite its "weight" penalty.

I'm guessing you don't have a physics degree. So believe what you want. If you think that a drag coefficient that's bad at low speed but somehow provides downforce needed at high speed (read downforce as weight) then we don't need to discuss this further. What's nonsense is blindly believing everything one is told.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by 997s07
You cited the weight advantage of the GT4 at speed! The weight advantage of rear grip helped the GTS get going despite its "weight" penalty.

I'm guessing you don't have a physics degree. So believe what you want. If you think that a drag coefficient that's bad at low speed but somehow provides downforce needed at high speed (read downforce as weight) then we don't need to discuss this further. What's nonsense is blindly believing everything one is told.
Do you have reading comprehension problems? I was commenting on the drag race in that video, merely stating that the GTS is a heavier car, so the actual power to weight ratios of those cars are very close. Hence, one would expect them to be very close in a quarter mile, save for the grip advantage of the GTS off the line. Which is exactly what that drag race shows.

And as regards your physics comment, pretty funny given your next sentence indicates you don't have a clue about what you're taking about, as you're not only confusing drag coefficient and down force, you're not even understanding how down force affects the car at higher and lower speeds. On top of that, the argument you're making is counter to what you said in your earlier post, i.e., that the GT4 had an aerodynamic advantage. It has exactly the opposite, as it's drag coefficient is worse than the GTS. And at speed, it's aero treatment creates more downforce than the GTS, which, while improving grip, actually increases drag.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3

I understand the logic in your thought process, but my GTS sounds better than the 991S with PSE . That was the way with my 997 GTS also. It definitely sounded better than my 997S I had with PSE.
Not sure if I agree with this. Can see my post earlier, but in summary I think the GTS has a higher pitched exhaust note and sounds more guttural. But does it sound better? That's obviously subjective, but I prefer the deep bassy note of the regular S PSE.

Quick Reply: Carerra 991 GTS, does the power seem much over the S version