Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 04:52 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Just received confirmation from PEC ATL that my car is also on the Goodwood. I'm to take delivery at PEC ATL on the morning of December 19, with winter tires and wheels installed for the drive home over the Great Smoky Mountains on two lane roads, our good Lord and weather permitting.

God bless,
TT

Last edited by TomTarzian; 11-22-2018 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:37 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Congratulations Tom!
That proves my theory that it is NOT 1st come, 1st served!
Both our cars were scheduled to get on the Goodwood.
Mine was waiting at Emden 1 day before yours arrived.
“Entry port Emden, V331” 11-1-2018.

Your car got on & mine did not.
This was before I cancelled PEC delivery.

If my car had gotten onto the Goodwood, my delivery date would have likely been been mid February for PEC LA!

PEC LA really needs to be honest with customers as to delivery delay vs. local dealer delivery. Stop with the 4-6 weeks claims.

My car still sits at Emden.
It supposedly will get on a ship headed to San Diego Port.
I assume this will be the Rhea Leader. On 11-24-18 & then scheduled for San Diego on December 19, 2018.

My SA, as usual, still has failed to respond to my phone call from before I canceled. I found out the above information from PEC.

Maybe Rhea Leader will arrive San Diego early? Maybe I will be able to take delivery before the holiday? Many people take vacation this time of year. So, IDK how this will affect trucking availability & preparation of the car, once arrives at the dealer.

Still, a late December Delivery is way better than mid February 2019!
Old 11-21-2018, 05:39 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Just received confirmation from PEC ATL that my car is also on the Goodwood. I'm to take delivery at PEC ATL on the morning of December 19, with winter tires and wheels installed for the drive home over the Great Smoky Mountains on two lane roads, our good Lord and weather permitting...oh, I hope! ;-)

God bless,
TT
Congrats, man. good to hear your PEC Atlanta will be so soon
Old 11-21-2018, 05:46 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo420
Congratulations Tom!

If my car had gotten onto the Goodwood, my delivery date would have likely been been mid February for PEC LA!

PEC LA really needs to be honest with customers as to delivery delay vs. local dealer delivery. Stop with the 4-6 weeks claims.

I assume this will be the Rhea Leader. On 11-24-18 & then scheduled for San Diego on December 19, 2018.

My SA, as usual, still has failed to respond to my phone call from before I canceled. I found out the above information from PEC.

Maybe Rhea Leader will arrive San Diego early? Maybe I will be able to take delivery before the holiday? Many people take vacation this time of year. So, IDK how this will affect trucking availability & preparation of the car, once arrives at the dealer.

You're right. This is hard to understand, if it is at all understandable. It appears your car should be on the way and mine still at the dock. Hoping yours beats your remaining expectations and you take delivery sooner than you now anticipate. So very, very sorry!

God bless,
TT
Old 11-21-2018, 05:49 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shap96

Congrats, man. good to hear your PEC Atlanta will be so soon
Thanks so much. I am amazed. I was originally told by PEC ATL that my delivery would be mid to late January.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-21-2018, 10:54 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

For those of you that have a loved one on the Delhi Highway with my Erika...

Das Boot Update...

Old 11-22-2018, 01:13 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

My ship, the Siem Cicero keeps getting further and further behind! First it was due in DVV on the 17th, then the 20th, then the 23rd and now the 24th! Still has to go to Jax after that. aargh. Goodwood will probably get to Jax before it does at this point.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:42 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Congratulations Tom!

Hoping your car is on the way to you tomorrow on the Rhea Leader, TwinTurbo420! I notice that ship is making a straight shot to San Diego, no stopping to unload Porsches other places. So maybe you will get your car at your dealer not too much later than if it had landed in Houston via the Goodwood and been trucked over? Just wondering if, perhaps, what held your car in Emden was PEC LA delivery and since the first open delivery slot in LA was in February, there was no rush to get your car to the states?

God bless,
TT
Old 11-23-2018, 12:56 PM
CraigW1
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations Tom!

I am sorry to hear about this but I appear to be in the same boat, or more appropriately waiting for the same boat. My vehicle also arrived at Emden on 11/1. So maybe there is a method to this madness?

Hoping we will both be on the Rhea Leader and a late December delivery.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:19 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by MJG911
My ship, the Siem Cicero keeps getting further and further behind! First it was due in DVV on the 17th, then the 20th, then the 23rd and now the 24th! Still has to go to Jax after that. aargh. Goodwood will probably get to Jax before it does at this point.
and now the 25th . I think something is wrong with it. Speed a half hour ago was .9 kts. Now its moving again at 9 knots, but was at 15 earlier today. I left port in Emden on the 6th.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:08 PM
CraigW1
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations Tom!

TwinTurbo420, if it’s any consolation, I’m in the same boat as you (pun intended). I was V331 on 11/1 as well but am still waiting to board a ship.

Hoping we both end up on the Rhea Leader with a mid-Dec. arrival in San Diego.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:07 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Friday evening update for Shanghai Highway ... Just cleared the strait between Cuba and Haiti, and now is on a path across the southern coast of Jamaica. Still seems on track for beginning it's Panama Canal transit on Sunday.
Old 11-23-2018, 10:12 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Hoping your car is on the way to you tomorrow on the Rhea Leader, TwinTurbo420! I notice that ship is making a straight shot to San Diego, no stopping to unload Porsches other places. So maybe you will get your car at your dealer not too much later than if it had landed in Houston via the Goodwood and been trucked over? Just wondering if, perhaps, what held your car in Emden was PEC LA delivery and since the first open delivery slot in LA was in February, there was no rush to get your car to the states?

God bless,
TT
Good guesses, IDK.

Wednesday, I called Sales Mgr. since SA still had failed to respond.

He looked it up & saw PEC delivery canceled & said his inf. shows my car scheduled to depart Emden Th, 11-23-18 but no ship name. He promised to call F 11-24 to let me know status. His ship inf. was different than mine since I saw no ship departing Emden for SD port on the 23rd. No call yet as of 7 PM today.

I’ll call tomorrow, Saturday to see if my car has finally departed either Th or Friday on mystery ship or the RL. Or …still sitting @ Emden.

Originally Posted by CraigW1

TwinTurbo420, if it’s any consolation, I’m in the same boat as you (pun intended). I was V331 on 11/1 as well but am still waiting to board a ship.

Hoping we both end up on the Rhea Leader with a mid-Dec. arrival in San Diego.
No consolation, LOL.

I don’t ever feel better if others share my misfortune.

Where will you take delivery?

Phoenix?

L.A?

Some other SW state?
Old 11-23-2018, 10:21 PM
991.two
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by saundebn
Friday evening update for Shanghai Highway ... Just cleared the strait between Cuba and Haiti, and now is on a path across the southern coast of Jamaica. Still seems on track for beginning it's Panama Canal transit on Sunday.
Thanks for the update........
Old 11-24-2018, 01:37 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Hoping to hear soon that you're both on the way, TwinTurbo420 and CraigW1.

God bless,
TT

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!