Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 09:29 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nimprojects
Officially entering the waiting room. Going to be a long wait (as it's PTS), but I'm hoping it gets here a few weeks sooner, want to enjoy as much of the good weather as possible.

Carrera 4S: Modegrau/Fashion Grey
Build: 24th March–31st March
Dealer Inventory: 19th May! :-/
Very nice color choice. Some of the historic photos, posted in the link above, are just great.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:40 PM
Northern 911
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking targa Jenner. Thanks for the pics!
Old 12-07-2016, 03:37 AM
Geiss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Oh man, that sucks. We need to all send bad karma to the hideous person that did that and left.

Some recent stories:

1. Some woman hit my prior BMW the first week I had it in a parking lot. Her cell phone dropped to the floor and she bent over to pick it up... while still driving. She ripped the entire front corner, thousands in damage, but at least she stayed to tell me what an idiot she was.

2. My Cayman got keyed in a parking garage in Baltimore last summer. It was keyed so hard that they had to use body filler.
Christ! Why do people key random cars?
Old 12-07-2016, 06:57 AM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Officially entering the waiting room. Going to be a long wait (as it's PTS), but I'm hoping it gets here a few weeks sooner, want to enjoy as much of the good weather as possible.

Carrera 4S: Modegrau/Fashion Grey
Build: 24th March–31st March
Dealer Inventory: 19th May! :-/
I'm with you on the PTS wait, 5/5/17 delivery estimate.
David
Old 12-07-2016, 11:00 AM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dmtsc
I'm with you on the PTS wait, 5/5/17 delivery estimate.
David
Nice. We must be in the same PTS batch. Maybe our cars will be shipmates. : )

I looked up your earlier post. Still Voodoo Blue? Looking forward to seeing that one, great colour. Hope you post some pics.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:13 PM
dc7391
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So true.....the time is near.........
Old 12-07-2016, 01:26 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

yup, the wait is almost over.............

Old 12-07-2016, 03:52 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

YES!!!! Got a call from my SA and my car is on a truck heading to Portland, OR. I will be taking delivery on Monday at 2pm.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:00 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWPHKU1XZU
Great video. My wait is almost over. Monday can't get here fast enough.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWPHKU1XZU
Thank you so much for digging that out and posting it. It takes me back to my young dreams and fills me with gratitude for a wonderful life.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:03 PM
dmtsc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. We must be in the same PTS batch. Maybe our cars will be shipmates. : )

I looked up your earlier post. Still Voodoo Blue? Looking forward to seeing that one, great colour. Hope you post some pics.
Yep, VooDoo
Old 12-07-2016, 07:04 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

JustBud, thanks from me also, a nice advert!

Well I take delivery of mine tomorrow PM. Went to the Bank today and did a Bank Draft for over a quarter-mil. The teller, a nice young gal, noted the payee was Porsche, and asked if it was for a car, I said yes and then she noted it was about what she payed for her last Condo. So I too am filled with gratitude that I can buy a car of my dreams, well maybe I also have other dreams of cars that start with the letter F, and are made a couple of countries to the south of Germany. I will post some pictures, but it is being trailered out to my hanger, so the pictures might have to be of it inside the hanger. I am not registering it for road use yet, just putting on some storage insurance for the winter.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:19 PM
TTSPete
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mattbrowne
YES!!!! Got a call from my SA and my car is on a truck heading to Portland, OR. I will be taking delivery on Monday at 2pm.
You guys are all lucky and fortunate.

My ship docked this morning in Port Hueneme. My SA said the car will be trucked to SD for PDI and then to Rancho Mirage in the next few days. So I too will be heading to the bank for a large check and hopefully next week to pick up my car.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:23 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 655 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Thank you so much for digging that out and posting it. It takes me back to my young dreams and fills me with gratitude for a wonderful life.
Originally Posted by sctanton52
JustBud, thanks from me also, a nice advert!

Well I take delivery of mine tomorrow PM. Went to the Bank today and did a Bank Draft for over a quarter-mil. The teller, a nice young gal, noted the payee was Porsche, and asked if it was for a car, I said yes and then she noted it was about what she payed for her last Condo. So I too am filled with gratitude that I can buy a car of my dreams, well maybe I also have other dreams of cars that start with the letter F, and are made a couple of countries to the south of Germany. I will post some pictures, but it is being trailered out to my hanger, so the pictures might have to be of it inside the hanger. I am not registering it for road use yet, just putting on some storage insurance for the winter.
Originally Posted by mattbrowne
Great video. My wait is almost over. Monday can't get here fast enough.
No worries fellas! You're very welcome! It's been about three and a half decades for me and now I'm down to weeks! Enjoy your cars guys!

And thanks dc for the ad post, going to have to frame that one!
Old 12-08-2016, 04:23 AM
lee beng chan
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Targa 4S 991.2

Originally Posted by KenTO
I just received my Targa last week and the car is amazing! I love it! I'm really happy with the spec I picked out. My car is GT silver with black/bordeaux interior. I'm glad I went with the GT silver as the bordeaux is a little darker than red and matches the medium silver of the GT perfectly.

As for driving dynamics, the car is awesome. The ride in the Targa is perfect, no cowl shake, it feels solid, even over bad roads. I only drive in Sport mode, so I'm glad I have the sports chrono even with the MT. As as soon as I start the car I turn the steering wheel dial to S, which turns on PSE and turns off Auto Stop/Start. It also pretty well eliminates any turbo lag. Although some have mentioned they notice it, I do not. By the way, the only way I notice the turbos is the "whoosh" when you accelerate hard. So I would say that even if you have a MT, sports chrono and PSE are worth it. The new engines also feel very fast, even with my base engine in the "porker" Targa. The 0-60 times for the new Targa 4 and 991.1 Targa GTS are identical, even with the GTS having much more hp.

Any complaints? Fuel consumption sucks, but it's probably my driving style in S mode. My keys dangling from the key ring may scratch the metal trim under the keyhole. With the top down, my kids in the back say it's too windy, fine, get in the minivan. Otherwise perfect.

So, for me, driving with the top down, MT, Sports mode, PSE on is bliss! Anyone waiting for a new 991.2 is in for a real treat.

(Sorry for the crappy iPhone picks).

@kenTo @planet

Hi i am about to place an order for a Targa 4S I have 2 choices and after doing all the math, I shortlisted it to a used 991.1 version and a brand new 991.2 it now boils down, for me to color choice

991.1 - metallic black exterior, black hood, espresso congnac natural leather 2 tone

991.2 - metallic black exteiror, 2 tone bordeaux red and black interior, hood is red

wanted to ask your opinion on the red color for the hood. on a black exterior, do you think it is too messy with the alu roll bar?

also have you experienced any creaking noise when hood is up? is this a problem that is inherent because of all the mechanical joints?

thank you.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!