Sponsored by:

36-44 tire pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 11:27 AM
PatrickC23
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
just go into the TPM screen of your MF display ...select tire size and summer or winter tire type , and " comfort " ...then scroll up to fill info and it will tell you exactly how much air you need to add or bleed off for each tire at that moment ....it is that simple ....the fill directive automatically adjusts for the ambient garage temperature , but you still have to final set above or below that if the outside temp is much higher in summer or esp , much lower ( in winter ) than the garage temp.

checking / unchecking those two boxes requests one of the 4 sets of psi possibilities for the fill function

the computer knows which model you are driving : base, S, GTS, Turbo, RWD vs AWD , etc...each of which has different comfort psi recommendations ....pretty cool...no need to look at a cross reference chart ( there is one ) or in your manual !

I plan to check mine tonight - I declined Nitrogen, which they charge $200 for, they did it anyways. I gave them a check for $200 less for the GTS so I guess I got it for "free". Looks like they set temps at 31/40 - but I guess I should drive around first before bleeding any Nitrogen out to see how much it fluctuates due to temps.

Ride feels ok, def a bit firm, but ok.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:38 AM
n8kruger
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Ice Skates!

I have been running 32-34 PSI all summer and wondered why people didn't like the Pzeros. After thanksgiving I prepped the car for hibernation and maxed the tire pressures. This past weekend was sunny and warm in CT so I took the C2 for a spin, with tire pressure about 36 front 44 rear. It was like wearing ice skates! Wheelspin everywhere all the time! I'm definitely going back to 'comfort' settings in the spring! I suspect the tire pressure is just another trick the factory uses to get emissions down and mileage up, just like the stop start, and the non-sport default setting.
NK
Old 12-23-2015, 11:48 AM
PatrickC23
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n8kruger
I have been running 32-34 PSI all summer and wondered why people didn't like the Pzeros. After thanksgiving I prepped the car for hibernation and maxed the tire pressures. This past weekend was sunny and warm in CT so I took the C2 for a spin, with tire pressure about 36 front 44 rear. It was like wearing ice skates! Wheelspin everywhere all the time! I'm definitely going back to 'comfort' settings in the spring! I suspect the tire pressure is just another trick the factory uses to get emissions down and mileage up, just like the stop start, and the non-sport default setting.
NK
Start Stop is the worst EPA gimmick imo - so glad you can default it off, which may not be true in the future. I find it hard to believe it doesn't affect the transmission. In my BMW owners manual it even states "may cause premature wear on drivetrain".
Old 12-23-2015, 01:55 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickC23
Start Stop is the worst EPA gimmick imo - so glad you can default it off, which may not be true in the future. I find it hard to believe it doesn't affect the transmission. In my BMW owners manual it even states "may cause premature wear on drivetrain".
starter, battery, alternator .....even if they are " beefier " , no way can that compensate for 1-4 starts a day vs as many as several dozen !
Old 12-23-2015, 04:27 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I have given up trying to run comfort pressures. Every time I bring the car to the shop they refill them to the 36 44. And every time I forget to tell them to use lower pressures.
Since the dealership is the I only place around here in that I know of to get the car detailed, this happens all the time.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:03 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 752 Posts

Not so difficult to let a few pounds of air out. Possibly change dealership if the can't follow direction well.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:59 PM
GT325
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Grunty
I have given up trying to run comfort pressures. Every time I bring the car to the shop they refill them to the 36 44. And every time I forget to tell them to use lower pressures.
Since the dealership is the I only place around here in that I know of to get the car detailed, this happens all the time.
That's kind of silly. Takes 30 seconds to get your pressures where you want them when they are overfilled. My dealer does the same thing I always get the pressures back to comfort partial load 32f/35r for me. Ride is so much better.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:10 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

I'm a "list" kind-of-guy. Always writing lists.

So, when I go to the shop/dealership for service, I hand them "my list".

2 things on that list never change and are always there from my computer template. They are:

1) do not wash
2) do not adjust tire pressures

It's as simple as dat!

PS- I give my wife lists too. It does not go over so well. Oh well.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:56 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I'm a "list" kind-of-guy. Always writing lists.

So, when I go to the shop/dealership for service, I hand them "my list".

2 things on that list never change and are always there from my computer template. They are:

1) do not wash
2) do not adjust tire pressures

It's as simple as dat!

PS- I give my wife lists too. It does not go over so well. Oh well.
Same on both accounts: SA & wife! When I had a 997.2 I used to leave the sport chrono clock on 9:11 (takes a few tries I might add) & dealer always reset unless I "made a note"!
Old 12-27-2015, 05:18 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by n8kruger
NK
There's like about 20 posts where I've said you want to know about tires put 40+ in there the car will skate around, drop it down low 30's it'll ride and handle better, take about half an hour to figure it all out.

And yes Porsche does and recommends all kinds of stuff that has nothing to do with - or even degrades- performance. See: break-in, turbo's, "Sport" button...

Quick Reply: 36-44 tire pressure?