Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PHOTOS!!! NEW RS-808 FLOW-FORGED TECHNOLOGY CUSTOM BUILT 20-LBS.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile PHOTOS!!! NEW RS-808 FLOW-FORGED TECHNOLOGY CUSTOM BUILT 20-LBS.

Guys/Gals...

I wanted to offer out some of the first photos of our new RS-808 "custom-built" Design wheels. We can work with 18", 19", 20" and we are doing our first 21" build right now.

The average weights in 18" are 18-19-lbs and 19" are 20-21-lbs. of course the off-set and width will play a factor in determining the actual weight but these are very comparable to forged wheel weights if not lighter in some cases.

Standard finishes are available: Gloss or Matte: Black, Hyper Silver or Gun-Metal (All other finishes will be more)

18" sets $1999 19" sets $2099 20" sets $2299, 21" sets $2599
Build using your own off-sets.

Lead time is currently 2-3 weeks on standard builds.

This specific set we did a Brush Polish & Gloss Clear coat, this is not a standard finish.

Call: 626-443-9100
www.wheeldynamics.com

Old 09-23-2015, 01:41 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

good job and amazing price, all the best!
Old 09-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
good job and amazing price, all the best!
Our goal was to try and build a wheel at an great price and light weight.

We almost went full forged however the lowest number would have been around $2800 on a set and so we focused on Flow-Forge technologies instead.

We will try and get a set installed on the shop-car sometime today.

Thank you Tim for your feedback!

-Wheel Dynamics
Old 09-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 606 Posts

Do you have any pics mounted on cars?
Old 09-23-2015, 05:26 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Joec500
Do you have any pics mounted on cars?
We are working on that today, provided that we have time to finish up..

Stay posted...
Old 09-24-2015, 08:59 AM
GrandLaker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about a center lock offering?
Old 09-24-2015, 09:31 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Our goal was to try and build a wheel at an great price and light weight.
I'm about to start looking at wheels for the track.

Those seem really awesome; they look great, they're light and the cost as compared to HRE, Fikse, etc, is a big win. And, you seem to imply that any offset is available.

It seems almost too good to be true.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:56 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,186 Likes on 1,477 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928

Those seem really awesome; they look great, they're light and the cost as compared to HRE, Fikse, etc, is a big win. And, you seem to imply that any offset is available.

My guess is these are made in either China / Taiwan, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but keep in mind that HRE and Fikse are USA-Made (except for HRE's Flow Form wheel which I believe is made in Japan). My experience with Chinese wheels is they have significant heavy spots in them and don't balance up well at all. Not saying these do, but just be aware there is a difference in these off-shore units and the premium USA makes.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GrandLaker
How about a center lock offering?
We may offer center-lock options in the future we just don't have any sort of time-frame at the present moment. But if you are seriously interested I would shoot us over a message and we can keep you posted on the details.

Thank you for your question,
Old 09-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by worf928

We have a set just mounted on the shop 996 yesterday, we are hoping to pull it outside for some photos today.

These wheels have been in the works for well over a year so there are some great engineering skills that have gone into these wheels. We wanted to launch a wheel that had the right look (aesthetics), design (light weight) all at a reasonable cost.

As most wheel manufactures won't label their wheel as track-approved, we have had much success with our original design of the 808-Series (We have had customer who admitted to tracking these wheels) without issues and therefore we used the platform of the design when constructing the RS-808 Wheel.

Now understand that there are some restrictions as far as off-set are concerned due to the limits of each wheel and every wheel will have them depending on their design. Best thing to do is to shoot us over a message or email so we can confirm the off-set you are most interested in.

We hope that our new line will go forward so that we can eventually bring in more styles, if all goes as planned we can introduce a new line as soon as Spring-Summer 2016.

Call: 626-443-9100
www.wheeldynamics.com
EMAIL: info@wheeldynamics.com
Old 09-27-2015, 11:07 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,105 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
My guess is these are made in either China / Taiwan, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but keep in mind that HRE and Fikse are USA-Made (except for HRE's Flow Form wheel which I believe is made in Japan). My experience with Chinese wheels is they have significant heavy spots in them and don't balance up well at all. Not saying these do, but just be aware there is a difference in these off-shore units and the premium USA makes.
I wouldn't have thought of that; good point.
You can add Finspeeds to the USA built list. I have a set of F5s on my TT.
So, are these Chinese imports and if so are they tested for balancing/heavy spots? I have a BGTS inbound in December and may change out the wheels to something different next spring.
Thanks.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:00 PM
dfin23
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of warranty do you have on these. You stated they are OK for track use, does the warranty cover track use like some of the other US made wheels (Finspeed, CCW, Forgeline)?
Old 09-27-2015, 08:56 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,186 Likes on 1,477 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
So, are these Chinese imports and if so are they tested for balancing/heavy spots? I have a BGTS inbound in December and may change out the wheels to something different next spring.
Thanks.
I bought one set of Chinese-made alloys for my Aston Martin Vantage, sucked in by the price and they did look good. However, when my tire guy mounted the Michelins on them he called me up and said they were nearly impossible to correctly balance. The high-low spots and the run out on them were terrible. He did the best he could, but they were not satisfactory. I ran them on the car for 90 days and ditched them for a set of HRE's. Same tire installer said about the HRE's : they were the absolute opposite and were so true they need very little weight on the wheel.

Again, not blasting these wheels advertised here as I know nothing about them- but this is a public forum for the members and if you dig around and ask people, a lot of these Chinese wheels have issues. Sometimes a bargain isn't a bargain at all.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Guys,

Thank you for your questions, however let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

These are NOT made in China, these are manufactured in Taiwan, for those of you who have been around long enough to do a good amount of research might understand that there are only a handful of manufactures in Taiwan and they compete for quality.

We are also in the process of gaining TUV approval on our lines, however this may take a bit longer since the standards from Europe are a bit more rigorous.

We do not warranty against track-use at this time, we have had customers admittedly used the standard (old-LPC versions) at the track without any issues however we would probably have to charge a premium in order to offer a warranty that would cover track-use (an insurance if you would, which some manufactures my do in order to promote but in the end ever set that is sold will have an additional fee added to cover the small percentage of incidents they must cover).

On the next set we have coming out, which should be completed late this week or early next week we can perform a bare-rim balance in order to share with you the run-out on these wheels.

ONCE AGAIN, THESE ARE NOT CHINESE MADE WHEELS, and these are Flow Forged so it's not compatible to examples of cheap China made wheels that were probably Cast wheels which may have been purchased by others.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Keadog
Thanks.
No, these are not China made wheels.

Find out more about the manufacturing process over your common cast wheels.

Quick Reply: PHOTOS!!! NEW RS-808 FLOW-FORGED TECHNOLOGY CUSTOM BUILT 20-LBS.