Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 02:22 AM
bright_medal
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by trusevich
Absolutely, contact me via email.

- Vlad / TDesign9.com
Vlad. Is it possible to use your mount on the drivers side of the PCM? I'd like to try your system out, but I don't want to sacrifice my cup holder. I bought a Spigen magnetic holder that slides into the air vents. It's better than nothing, but not that nice. If your system will work, can you please send some pictures?
Old 12-28-2016, 02:50 PM
VipNYC
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bright_medal
Vlad. Is it possible to use your mount on the drivers side of the PCM? I'd like to try your system out, but I don't want to sacrifice my cup holder. I bought a Spigen magnetic holder that slides into the air vents. It's better than nothing, but not that nice. If your system will work, can you please send some pictures?
I have a t-design mount for sale. Barely used for a month. It's a great mount if you don't want anything permanent installed in your car. I ended up getting the pearl rear view so I used their mount.

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...l#post13840704
Old 12-30-2016, 11:21 AM
Barry Biondo
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I found something a little unique

No moving parts. Just place it in and the rotational force generated by the weight presses a silicon pad on the glass.<br/>www.gravityxmount.com

Very convenient.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:14 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 91 Posts

It is. i have mounted mine that way!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...l#post13841376
Old 12-30-2016, 02:43 PM
NF4710
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 120 Posts

Vlad's T-Design is really the best solution IMO. I tried several different mounts...none were as secure or flexible in terms of placement/rotation. I like the magnet approach you took stealthpilot, but I fear that approach would result in magnetization of some of my watches.

Cheers,
NF
Old 12-31-2016, 10:32 AM
FloridaMarco
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really love my ProClip. Holds the iPhone right where you can reach it, but not in the way. Also not in the way of passenger.
Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2017, 10:08 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

I haven't seen Rennline's mentioned, I have it in my car. It is about as small and simple as you can get although you do have to unsnap the side console trim to bolt it on. That is very easy though. The install takes about 5 minutes moving slowly. I've used the ProClips like the one in the post above in my last two cars but thought I'd try something smaller this time. The built-in power connector in the ProClip is a nice feature though, but I've been fine without it and just run a short cable to the phone if needed that otherwise stays tucked away. On the plus side for this one over the ProClip, it is less intrusive to the passenger and I can just slap my phone on and off of it trivially.

There are two different versions that each be mounted on either side of the console, high or low. I chose the low. The downside to some will be that you have to adhere a small metal disc to the back of your phone case since it is a magnetic mount.
Here's a link: http://www.rennline.com/Phone-Mounts/products/1830/.

Here's a photo without the phone on it (you can see photos of the phone on all of the variations they have on their website).

Old 01-02-2017, 12:54 AM
bright_medal
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
It is. i have mounted mine that way!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...l#post13841376
Thanks! I'm going to give your setup a try!
Old 01-04-2017, 12:10 AM
BLAM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I use WAYS instead of a radar detector so I don't want to look away from the road to see what is ahead. This magnetic mount is perfect for me, puts the phone in the line of sight, and is legal with CAs new laws. It holds my 7+ without issue on rough roads.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:13 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 267 Likes on 175 Posts

Sorry, took me a while to get to this message. It would be faster if you used websites info address...

Yes, you can use it on both sides of PCM. But on drivers side - part of the phone can be obscured a little, depending on your driving posture, wheel grip and other things. So you'd have to tilt your head a little to see the whole phone screen. That's why I don't advertise it.
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 01-05-2017, 12:38 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 116 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAM
I use WAYS instead of a radar detector so I don't want to look away from the road to see what is ahead. This magnetic mount is perfect for me, puts the phone in the line of sight, and is legal with CAs new laws. It holds my 7+ without issue on rough roads.

Looks handy but reminds me of uber
Old 01-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Simonl72
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 35 Posts

May be a silly question but.......waiting for delivery of new 991.2 (with Apple car play)

Does the phone not need to be inside the arm rest and plugged in for it to work? Are you saying dash mounted phone holders will not work with the Apple car play?
Simon
Old 01-05-2017, 03:03 PM
cliffd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by First991
thought i'd share mine. Proclip iphone6 plus mount. Low profile, doesn't block vents or buttons, chargeable, easily mounted and dismounted with one hand, and very secure. No regrets!
where and how did you run the cable? i have the same mount but located on the passenger side, pretty easy to route the cable.

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2017, 04:25 PM
RickIrons
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Simonl72
May be a silly question but.......waiting for delivery of new 991.2 (with Apple car play)

Does the phone not need to be inside the arm rest and plugged in for it to work? Are you saying dash mounted phone holders will not work with the Apple car play?
Simon
Phone needs to be plugged in for Carplay. Doesn't matter where you keep it in the car.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:25 PM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAM

Does Waze give you alerts even if you don't have a destination set?

Quick Reply: How did you mount your phone?