Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD Brombacher – BRAND NEW TO THE US ! FusionDock® for iPhone® 5 /5 S / 6 for the 991

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 08:30 PM
chris90
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
It's a dud. $ 400 for a USB Charger that invalidates use of the phone screen while docked? It's like New Coke...someone thought it a great idea but forgot to check with the consumers before putting it into production. Pass.....
I don't think its a dud. Someone mentioned before it's really not possible to have a usb charger do anything more than this unless from a manufacturer, I think the price is reflected in the seamless design and practicality.

I always find myself fiddling around trying to plug the lightning cable into my iphone without looking down and it takes a few tries or I end up just looking down for a split second to do it. This solves that and I think it definitely does become a natural habit where you wont' even think about it
Old 12-12-2015, 09:06 AM
2001f4s
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I just received mine after some indecision based on the design. My daily driver is a Dodge Grand Caravan with a magnetic mount, and this works well in that vehicle. I have a metal plate taped to the back of my phone to accommodate the holder in my van. The Fusion Dock does accommodate my iPhone6 even with the plate on the back.

I think that the Fusiondock is an extremely elegant solution to my phone either floating around in the passenger compartment of my car, in the door pocket, or connected in the glovebox. I have no regrets on adding it. Install was easy. Rhonda was very helpful with the purchase.

The quality of the Fusiondock is such that if you did not know it was aftermarket, you would think it came as part of the car. It meshes with the interior design perfectly, an it is really a high quality piece of kit, and this accounts for it's price.

The seamless charging and connection to PCM is really great.

I am happy, and would recommend this upgrade to my friends.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone have experience with the FusionDock and the new Apple CarPlay in the 991.2?
Wondering if this is a better fit on the .2 since you can have Waze CarPlay up on the screen.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Curvfun
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
Anyone have experience with the FusionDock and the new Apple CarPlay in the 991.2?
Wondering if this is a better fit on the .2 since you can have Waze CarPlay up on the screen.
Unless something has changed in the last few days, you cannot display Waze through Carplay. Since Waze is now owned by Google, and Carplay is Apple's competitor to Google's Android "In-Car" solution, I doubt we'll ever see an IOS / Carplay integration without paying some type of license fee, if at all. My 2 cents.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:59 PM
Avo
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GraSox
Hi Rhonda!
I have the small Apple leather case on my (6) will it fit? Also any chance the manufacture will make one for the 6 plus? Thanks.
You can't use the FusionDock with any case, including the iPhone 6 leather case. I have the FusionDock but don't use it because I can't control Pandora with it. I prefer T-Design's iPhone holder on the dash with a short cable back into the glove box.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:18 PM
Curvfun
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Avo
You can't use the FusionDock with any case, including the iPhone 6 leather case. I have the FusionDock but don't use it because I can't control Pandora with it. I prefer T-Design's iPhone holder on the dash with a short cable back into the glove box.
This is exactly what I do using a Belkin vent mount iPhone holder.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:18 AM
bmxtreme
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

calm down guys, this is just a dock on steroid, you get the same thing when you plug your phone into the USB port. Why in the world people are still using iphone.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:43 AM
Aic9199
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another user who heavily uses Waze. This dock looks neat and has lots of functionality but for me, it does not suit my needs.

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher – BRAND NEW TO THE US ! FusionDock® for iPhone® 5 /5 S / 6 for the 991