Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 02:49 AM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?

Placed an order in March with Rector Motors in NorCal, was told I would be first for a 16 GTS coupe allocation. Months have passed and neither Rector nor PCNA customer service can tell me if I'm getting a car. The story is that there hasn't been a 16 allocation to this dealer yet. Hard to believe, but okay, am I getting an effing car?. They're on the website, are they for sale or not?
I've never had more trouble spending 150k in my entire life. It's unfathomable to me that after months of waiting for an allocation, I can't even find out if I'm ever getting a car or not. All either can say is that "the order has been placed with the factory but hasn't been picked up". As a Porsche customer of ten years, I'd rather them tell me to fk off and buy a BMW than string this out for months on end with no answers. I could literally get better service if I was trying to buy a Buick. You're either in the car business or not -which is it PCNA? Pathetic.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:29 AM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,761 Likes on 692 Posts

I guess I should count myself lucky that I happened to find my local dealer with an unclaimed 16 GTS Targa allocation.

Have you looked around for other dealers that have confirmed / available allocations? I know a dealer can quickly look this up in their systems and assuming you are willing to buy from another dealer you should be able to find a car or perhaps the dealer can make a trade. I'm not sure how a dealer with a willing buyer gets an allocation if they don't already have one but why wait for that to happen if you can avoid it.

Good luck, I hope you find an available car soon.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:28 AM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^. Find a group that pays attention and actually has the allocation for you... trust me they know if you or more correctly they do not. Yours does not it seems yet. Some dealers and particular people have better relationships or less people in line... on these cars shipping is nothing to the total price so hunt in a bigger radius. There is a reason I have 3 Audi's in my garage and 7 prior (besides how good they are for me anyway) and 2 were first orders and received them as such but it is the same sales guy for 5 cars, and hunted down for me exactly what I wanted (out of 90 possible cars of which few for sale barely used) my R8 GT. Anyway I have a long term relationship with another brand and one sales guy I do not get f'd by but I just bought my first Porsche used with zero sales relationship to help the future (from a random BMW dealership) other than understanding by a good sales person that if you do a good job well... you can sell me more,. Many more. Though not the random BMW dealership again. My guy is in Chicago but a young guy paying attention in Florida with Audi/Porsche may sell me another car because he is paying attention. Move on and try another dealership. Allocations are everywhere. Expand your circle. They are not treating you right. A good sales person would have you exactly informed and even with bad news would tell you.,.. but even better tell you what to do.

Last edited by mmaturo; 07-08-2015 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:12 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

I had a similar issue last year at exactly this time of year. I ordered a C4S Cab in early-June and was waiting for an allocation from a pretty big dealership. I knew the dealer well and trusted them, but I was **** and impatient (surprising characteristics for a RLer, I know). Anyway, my sales advisor kept telling me the same thing . . .

This is their toughest time of year regarding their future allocations, as the factory switches from one model year to the next and goes into the August holiday. He kept telling me that I'll get my car, but that the specific allocation likely wouldn't be known until September, after the holiday ends. He was right. I got my allocation in early-September for an October build. Fwiw, after waiting all that time for my allocation, I almost immediately canceled it when the GTS was introduced. I ended up switching my order and got my dealer's first GTS allocation with a November build.

We've got a short driving season up here and I've got a great dealer. He actually put me in a C4S Cab from their lot for last summer's driving season for a ridiculous economic deal. So I was somewhat placated by the knowledge that I had a car for the '14 season and didn't need another until March or April of '15.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:16 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Find a new dealer. You could have been driving your car soon already. Why put up with the BS from one particular dealership? Obviously you're getting the shaft in the avocations they have and who they decide to give them to.

Porsche has been having record sales, and is having a harder time keeping up production to meet demand it looks like.

Couldn't you have ordered a 2015?

It's a GTS, not a GT4 or GT3. Find a dealer who values your business. Have you reached out to Brett at Sonnen as a start? At least he seems like a straight up guy. If he can't help, others dealers want your business. Being in Northern California is the worst place to be shopping for a Porsche. You can order anywhere nationwide, and can have it shipped to you.

Don't be disgusted, just take your business to a dealer who values it.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:48 AM
thomnellie
Racer

My dealer traded a Turbo allocation with a dealer on the on the opposite coast to get my Targa 4S allocation.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:57 AM
RagnCajn
2nd Gear

Everyone is in the same boat. Your dealer is waiting for allocations like everyone else. The GTS coupe is one of the hardest cars to currently get. Buick? Really? Do you want Porsche to be as obtainable as Buick?
Old 07-08-2015, 10:34 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Deposit placed June 6. No allocation yet. All I have is (2,000) and a Porsche hat.

Last edited by c_Gio; 07-08-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:49 AM
pcosta
Instructor

I had the same kind of experience. I was trying to get an allocation for a GTS Cab since April 22nd. After 2 months and not knowing if I would get my allocation, I called Porsche Princeton (where I bought my first Porsche). They told me it would be very difficult, but they would see what they could do. two days later I get a text message confirming that what I wanted was a Cab 4 GTS, I confirmed it and one hour later I had my allocation. Had one day to make any changes on my build. Order placed, confirmed with commission number on June 16. Estimated date of arrival at dealership is August 28. By the way only paid the deposit after the allocation was secured! They traded one of their allocations with another dealer.

My advice, call other dealerships. GTS allocation are scarce, but hopefully the right dealership will be able to get one for you.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:17 AM
STG
Race Director

I think Porsche underestimated the GTS and manual transmission demand.

I think it's taken over all S/4S sales. Only deliveries I see are GTS's. Don't see any new dealer inventory 911's barely.

They're probably behind in parts (power kits/wide body/trim pieces) and trying to manage NA engines as well going into the new turbo engine next year.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:18 AM
STG
Race Director

By the way, very happy with Porsche. No disgust here.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:20 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

I've been < happy with the general manager and my salesman at Rector and their general communications. Or lack thereof.

But the Club Coupe buying / configuration process is odd / outside everything that they're used to, so I'm working hard to give them the benefit of the doubt. Even so, I've been infuriated with them a couple of times, and I'm anything but a hot head.

I hate to ask, but have you checked with Sonnen?

My general sense of Rector is that business is too good and they haven't really adapted to the ways in which car buyers have changed over the last decade. And, in general, about how communications and transparency has changed in the world.

The good news, I think, is that they are enthusiasts and that their collective heart is in the right place (Rector, that is).
Old 07-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Find a new dealer. You could have been driving your car soon already. Why put up with the BS from one particular dealership? Obviously you're getting the shaft in the avocations they have and who they decide to give them to.

Porsche has been having record sales, and is having a harder time keeping up production to meet demand it looks like.

Couldn't you have ordered a 2015?

It's a GTS, not a GT4 or GT3. Find a dealer who values your business. Have you reached out to Brett at Sonnen as a start? At least he seems like a straight up guy. If he can't help, others dealers want your business. Being in Northern California is the worst place to be shopping for a Porsche. You can order anywhere nationwide, and can have it shipped to you.

Don't be disgusted, just take your business to a dealer who values it.
+1
Old 07-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
By the way, very happy with Porsche. No disgust here.
+1
Old 07-08-2015, 12:04 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 268 Posts

>Don't be disgusted, just take your business to a dealer who values it.<

+1

Quick Reply: Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?