Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 01:04 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

LWB's are available FYI on the Spyder and Cayman GT4 for October and beyond production....
Old 07-14-2015, 02:09 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I'm surprised that the 4C was not oversubscribed, as the press generally LOVED it ...
First review I saw panned it, said it was really unrefined. Light and handled great, but the drivetrain and refinement was given really low marks. I think it was either Chris Harris, Fifth Gear or Top Gear. Can't recall which. U.S. press seems to mention those warts and then overlook them. The shiny penny syndrome IMO.

On a related note, Tiff Needle, whose opinion about a car I really trust, really panned the Maserati Ghibli when Fifth Gear tested it. But the US press seems to love that car.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:54 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

If anyone needs a 2016 991 140 coupe for a more than fair price ping me. Op has passed on my offer.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
First review I saw panned it, said it was really unrefined. Light and handled great, but the drivetrain and refinement was given really low marks. I think it was either Chris Harris, Fifth Gear or Top Gear. Can't recall which. U.S. press seems to mention those warts and then overlook them. The shiny penny syndrome IMO.

On a related note, Tiff Needle, whose opinion about a car I really trust, really panned the Maserati Ghibli when Fifth Gear tested it. But the US press seems to love that car.
Yeah Tiff did pan it, actually so did top gear as I recall when they did their 4-door test with the Panamera and the Aston...

Tiff really knows his stuff... I love 5th Gear for their reviews ...

BTW does it annoy anyone else that John Davis of MotorWeek always talks like the 777Film guy (or Cosmo on that Seinfeld episode)...

"if you know the name of the car you'd like to buy press 1 now..."

I cant watch that show because of that!
Old 07-14-2015, 02:58 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
If anyone needs a 2016 991 140 coupe for a more than fair price ping me. Op has passed on my offer.
I guess he wasn't THAT disgusted then... too bad.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:50 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I guess he wasn't THAT disgusted then... too bad.
Correct....2016 GTS coupe custom built to order and discounted a fair amount off MSRP....where I can still make a living doing this job....nothing wrong with that in my book.. ping me if anyone is interested fella's....
Old 07-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
Correct....2016 GTS coupe custom built to order and discounted a fair amount off MSRP....where I can still make a living doing this job....nothing wrong with that in my book.. ping me if anyone is interested fella's....
ditto! I would love to be a 'fly on the wall' for the subsequent call between the OP and Rector regarding GTS allocation availability though!

Old 07-15-2015, 02:24 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like people should steer clear of Rector.

Land Rover takes it up another notch. I had been poking around getting a Range Rover. Not only are they adamant they won't move from MSRP, but they claim to now have "regions", and will only sell to you if your zip is in their region, to stifle any competition.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:02 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

[QUOTE="Dalema;12432949"]Sounds like people should steer clear of Rector. /QUOTE]

Based on my experience, I wouldn't go that far.

I'd steer clear of places with attitude or ethical problems - and especially those who employ old school car game dealer tactics. I don't think any of that's the case here. Or at least it hasn't been my experience. It's more like they're either overloaded or aren't working hard enough.

Having said that, knowing what I know now, I'd likely have been knocking on Brett's door for my Club Coupe purchase had I to do it over again (even though it's a PITA for me to get to Sonnen vs. Rector).
Old 07-15-2015, 09:47 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?

Originally Posted by Dalema

Land Rover takes it up another notch. I had been poking around getting a Range Rover. Not only are they adamant they won't move from MSRP, but they claim to now have "regions", and will only sell to you if your zip is in their region, to stifle any competition.
Porsche is no better. Try and buy a GT3.

Over MSRP by 20-50K on what's available new and 10-20K over MSRP used.

Guys in line for GT3RS's are also paying well over sticker from STEALERSHIPS.

When something is in demand and supply is low, ALL dealers take advantage of it. Same goes with the car flipping snakes who come out of the woodwork.

The Range Rover has been extremely successful and a great SUV, hence the demand. Being able to get one at MSRP isn't a bad deal at this point.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:17 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
I wouldn't come to that conclusion based on the OP's comments. There's more to the story, as has already been discussed in here.

While I've never purchased from Rector, I have shopped them twice, once for Audi and once for Porsche. Both times I found their salespeople to be very knowledgeable about the cars and forthright about the pricing.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I wouldn't come to that conclusion based on the OP's comments. There's more to the story, as has already been discussed in here.

Both times I found their salespeople to be very knowledgeable about the cars and forthright about the pricing.
Having met a few of the guys at Rector I would agree.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:42 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?

Who cares what price someone gives you if they CAN'T DELIVER THE GOODS!!

I got a great price on a car I never got to own???
Old 07-15-2015, 03:00 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Saved well over a hundred thousand!

Should make your sales pitch to the wife on the next one a whole lot easier.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:26 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Who cares what price someone gives you if they CAN'T DELIVER THE GOODS!!

That's the part I am commenting on. It sounds like the dealership (or maybe a salesperson) has been stringing the customer along for a long time. That is what I take point at.

I've never dealt with anyone at Rector (so have no personal experience to add here), but it would make me think twice.

Quick Reply: Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?