Sponsored by:

Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbull
Sounds like corpspeak....they either really don't know but don't want to **** you off and are thereby stalling...or...it's a sign of their disregard for the customer.
I'd be tempted to call around a few dealers in N.Ca and ask if they have 2016 allocations available ... if nothing else its good leverage with the original dealer...

I'd also ask to see a screen shot of the order in the internal system to prove its in (I think) V70 status....
Old 07-10-2015, 10:59 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
bottom line, the neighborhood has developed around the factory and they dont have any more space to expand the facilities...
The original one story factory has been designated a Historic Building. PAG cannot tear it down, so there it sits in the middle of the campus. At this point it is used as the loading dock for parts IIRC. There have been - so I'm told - thoughts of building over it.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Find a new dealer. You could have been driving your car soon already. Why put up with the BS from one particular dealership? Obviously you're getting the shaft in the avocations they have and who they decide to give them to.
Agree with the 'get a new dealer' part, but don't agree with the second part, that he could be almost driving now. I know there is/was at least one dealer with a known GTS allocation here in the Bay Area, but it wasn't for delivery until the Fall. I don't think there are many GTS allocations available right now. OP should call around and find out.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:14 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Agree with the 'get a new dealer' part, but don't agree with the second part, that he could be almost driving now. I know there is/was at least one dealer with a known GTS allocation here in the Bay Area, but it wasn't for delivery until the Fall. I don't think there are many GTS allocations available right now. OP should call around and find out.
He placed his order in March...
Old 07-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by STG991
He placed his order in March...
Ahh, I missed that. Four months later and he's still waiting on an allocation? That's on him, but I think the answer lies in his answer about the pricing at Sonnen. He found the one dealer, in Rector, willing to discount a GTS, likely because they don't have a GTS. Fremont offered me an allocation about 2 months ago, though it was for October delivery. But they won't discount off MSRP on a GTS.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Ahh, I missed that. Four months later and he's still waiting on an allocation? That's on him, but I think the answer lies in his answer about the pricing at Sonnen. He found the one dealer, in Rector, willing to discount a GTS, likely because they don't have a GTS. Fremont offered me an allocation about 2 months ago, though it was for October delivery. But they won't discount off MSRP on a GTS.
Brett has 3 GTS cabriolets sitting on his lot ...
Old 07-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worf928
The original one story factory has been designated a Historic Building. PAG cannot tear it down, so there it sits in the middle of the campus. At this point it is used as the loading dock for parts IIRC. There have been - so I'm told - thoughts of building over it.
that's correct, its the parts store ... I personally have to applaud Porsche, they have a sense of history and brand ... they are not a volume car maker like
BMW, Audi, M-B etc ...
Old 07-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Brett has 3 GTS cabriolets sitting on his lot ...
OP's looking for a coupe, which is what I was referring to. I've also heard from a couple of shoppers that Sonnen doesn't deal much on price at all.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

I looked for this allocation as I have none left and came up with a car from another dealer...there are only 14 991 140 left in the country in V200 status...Let me know if you want the car? Not for the price Rector was giving you which was absurd....but a reasonable discount for a Rennlist member....Thanks.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:49 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
I looked for this allocation as I have none left and came up with a car from another dealer...there are only 14 991 140 left in the country in V200 status...Let me know if you want the car? Not for the price Rector was giving you which was absurd....but a reasonable discount for a Rennlist member....Thanks.
14 which are still not assigned to customers i.e. dealer orders?
Old 07-11-2015, 09:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?

Brett @ Sonnen A +++++
Old 07-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

I have to give a solid plug here for Aristocrat Motors in KC. In 2011 I tried to get an allocation for a GTS Cab from my local dealership, and they were quick to say they were no longer available. Aristocrat, on the other hand, told me they didn't know but they'd find out, and they placed a call to PCNA. The next day we were able to build an allocation and send it off. Fast forward to a couple months ago. I decided to try for a GT4 allocation. Local dealer again said no way so I called Aristocrat again. They said they didn't know.....doubted any time soon........but sure enough they contacted me within a couple weeks to let me know they'd found one.
Some folks are OK with sitting back and harvesting low lying fruit.....other folks try to make things happen. Aristocrat has been great.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:59 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I looked for this allocation as I have none left and came up with a car from another dealer...there are only 14 991 140 left in the country in V200 status...Let me know if you want the car?
way to go Brett!

Not for the price Rector was giving you which was absurd....but a reasonable discount for a Rennlist member....Thanks.
well said; I guess its easy to offer aggressive discounts for a car you dont have (Rector)!

Also... I will note the following...

Brett easily went into the PCNA internal system and located a car within "hours" of being aware of this, and presumably he has the ability to obtain this car for the OP
from the dealer that has the allocation.

I have to ask myself, what have Rector being doing with the OP's order since March, chanting for it and world peace?

bottom line, Rector have done F*** all to secure a car for the OP ... that's obvious

and this is why Brett is one of Porsche's top brand ambassadors

Last edited by Larry Cable; 07-12-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Selo
I have to give a solid plug here for Aristocrat Motors in KC. In 2011 I tried to get an allocation for a GTS Cab from my local dealership, and they were quick to say they were no longer available. Aristocrat, on the other hand, told me they didn't know but they'd find out, and they placed a call to PCNA. The next day we were able to build an allocation and send it off. Fast forward to a couple months ago. I decided to try for a GT4 allocation. Local dealer again said no way so I called Aristocrat again. They said they didn't know.....doubted any time soon........but sure enough they contacted me within a couple weeks to let me know they'd found one.
Some folks are OK with sitting back and harvesting low lying fruit.....other folks try to make things happen. Aristocrat has been great.
holy sh*t ... do you know how lucky you are?
Old 07-13-2015, 01:17 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

holy sh*t ... do you know how lucky you are?
Absolutely. It's amazing service I've received from them.

Quick Reply: Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?