Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 05:41 PM
MrSelfDestruct
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Very happy with Porsche. Disgusted with a few dealers, though...
Old 07-08-2015, 07:30 PM
rsdarcan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
Placed an order in March with Rector Motors in NorCal, was told I would be first for a 16 GTS coupe allocation. Months have passed and neither Rector nor PCNA customer service can tell me if I'm getting a car. The story is that there hasn't been a 16 allocation to this dealer yet. Hard to believe, but okay, am I getting an effing car?. They're on the website, are they for sale or not?
I've never had more trouble spending 150k in my entire life. It's unfathomable to me that after months of waiting for an allocation, I can't even find out if I'm ever getting a car or not. All either can say is that "the order has been placed with the factory but hasn't been picked up". As a Porsche customer of ten years, I'd rather them tell me to fk off and buy a BMW than string this out for months on end with no answers. I could literally get better service if I was trying to buy a Buick. You're either in the car business or not -which is it PCNA? Pathetic.
I know my dealer here has a 50th anniversary with 6k on the odometer. It was mine... But it's there for sale!
Old 07-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,604 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
+1

The reality of the situation. I hope they don't become Benz or the other guys.

Ferrari won't take your 200 or 300K either.
+1 although they could build some more GT4's! (rumored to be twice as many as are scheduled for production)

In reality, the 911 will remain a limited production car, its capped globally by
the production capacity at Zuffenhausen ... and personally I like it that way,
the consequence is that allocations will be limited, and they are distributed
globally from the factory and nationally thereafter...
Old 07-08-2015, 08:25 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts

What hat? Oh, never mind, I have too many already. But, there's a Porsche "Bear" I'd really like to have. It comes in a little driving suit, etc. Maybe my SA will get me one for cost, since they forgot about the hat.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:06 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tekniik
I would be extremely frustrated if I were you. I put down my deposit on June 3rd and it took almost a month to get an allocation. It came through last week but the downside is that it won't get delivered until early December. Six months from order to delivery. Like others have suggested I would check out other dealers and see if they can get something. That being said, I thought mine had an allocation when I ordered but I did not find until later that they had to do some allocation trades with other dealers to get mine. Good luck with getting it sorted out.
Is this a PTS order? If it isn't then it's definitely taking too long.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:12 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1 although they could build some more GT4's! (rumored to be twice as many as are scheduled for production)

In reality, the 911 will remain a limited production car, its capped globally by
the production capacity at Zuffenhausen ... and personally I like it that way,
the consequence is that allocations will be limited, and they are distributed
globally from the factory and nationally thereafter...

Unless they expand their production line and output at some point.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:17 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Or hire Valmet or Magna Steyr to build them, or build some in Neckersulm or Inglestatt (sp?) or Georgia or South Carolina.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:39 PM
tekniik
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reuben991
Is this a PTS order? If it isn't then it's definitely taking too long.
Nope, just jet black metallic.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 327 Likes on 201 Posts

Is this a reflection of a crummy dealer as your posts imply? Is this Rector's fault if they aren't getting an allocation?
Yes and yes. I did a ton of research here and elsewhere before ordering my GTS... and what I gathered quickly is that any/every dealer will take your order but that does not mean they have an allocation to fulfill said order. Allocations are key and dealing with a high volume dealer is usually a good thing even if you may not get the absolute lowest price.

As evidence... I have a Porsche dealership 3mins from my house but ended up ordering from a dealer 40mins away given I had a referral and they are the highest volume Porsche dealer in Canada; they sell roughly half of the P-cars sold in Canada. Obviously they get the most allocations by far and my purchase process was relatively painless aside from stressing over options... deposit in late October, locked mid-November, built late December, arrived mid-February. Less than 4 months from deposit to delivery including a several week shipping delay due to winter storms on the East coast.

To your original question, super happy with Porsche... your disgust should be focused on your dealer and their lack of allocations/communication on said allocations.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:01 AM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Yes and yes. I did a ton of research here and elsewhere before ordering my GTS... and what I gathered quickly is that any/every dealer will take your order but that does not mean they have an allocation to fulfill said order. Allocations are key and dealing with a high volume dealer is usually a good thing even if you may not get the absolute lowest price.

As evidence... I have a Porsche dealership 3mins from my house but ended up ordering from a dealer 40mins away given I had a referral and they are the highest volume Porsche dealer in Canada; they sell roughly half of the P-cars sold in Canada. Obviously they get the most allocations by far and my purchase process was relatively painless aside from stressing over options... deposit in late October, locked mid-November, built late December, arrived mid-February. Less than 4 months from deposit to delivery including a several week shipping delay due to winter storms on the East coast.

To your original question, super happy with Porsche... your disgust should be focused on your dealer and their lack of allocations/communication on said allocations.
I had a similar experience with my order at the end of May this year. I went to my "local" dealer who has the nicest SA in the world and he explained that he didn't have an allocation/didn't know when he would get one (for a GTS coupe). He did have a couple already on order but they were locked so that didn't help. Since I wanted a PTS car he refused to take my order and said I should get on with it and try to find an allocation ASAP. All this was based on the assumption that the 991.2 is turbo only and I wanted an NA car etc.

So I went home and fired off an email to most of the dealers in the SoCal area asking if they had an available allocation and I was clear that I was not looking for something off the lot/already locked. Two dealerships had an allocation and I ended up going to the first one who replied to my email to place the order/pay the deposit. The downside of this was since the dealer had something that I wanted, (the allocation) I only managed to get a couple of thousand off as a discount.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:09 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Or hire Valmet or Magna Steyr to build them, or build some in Neckersulm or Inglestatt (sp?) or Georgia or South Carolina.
Yay Magna! Yay G Class... G550 is my plan B if I get to anxious waiting for Porsche. Which on the surface appears to have nothing in common with the the 911 but on deeper reflection: long term investment worthy of being considered an addition to the family and one my 4 year old son may one day learn to drive in, very minor design changes in the decades since its introduction, properly zenful approach to form vs function, unapologetic commitment to excelling at its intended purpose regardless of which way the popular opinion winds blew, bespoke interior wrapped in purposefully executed exterior, craved by idiots aka the Kardashians, athletes, rappers and starlets as well as industry intellegencia and aficionados....

I could go on! Love Porsche... But love that G too
Old 07-09-2015, 12:50 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,063 Posts

After reading the posts on this thread I clicked on the link I got in e-mail a couple of days ago for the Porsche Customer Satisfaction Survey pertaining to the sales process and gave my dealer and SA max scores on everything. Compared to what some of you Californians have gone through my dealer was shear perfection.

No issues with allocation. My order went in on the next business day after doing the deal. It locked three days after. And, even after it locked, I was able to get an option change.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I seriously hope they dont ... in fact it would be hard for them to do this as
Zuffenhausen does not have space to expand, as it is the line is quite unique
as it is "vertical" ... the cars are transported over the main road from the
chassis assy and paint shop and enter the line at the top floor ... they then
proceed in a descending "zig-zag" pattern to emerge from the ground floor
several levels below ... its pretty unique.

bottom line, the neighborhood has developed around the factory and they dont have any more space to expand the facilities... nor do I really want
them too, nor should any 911 aficionado IMO

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Well we know that they have done that with other models (Boxster, Panamera, Cayenne, Macan etc) but I think that Porsche is somewhat sentimental about the 991, they are exclusively produced on the Zuffenhausen line, hell even the cup cars are assembled there!

and honestly, (IMO) if my (ex) BMW X5 is an example of German engineering assembled in the U.S ... fuggettaboutit!
Old 07-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worf928
After reading the posts on this thread I clicked on the link I got in e-mail a couple of days ago for the Porsche Customer Satisfaction Survey pertaining to the sales process and gave my dealer and SA max scores on everything. Compared to what some of you Californians have gone through my dealer was shear perfection.

No issues with allocation. My order went in on the next business day after doing the deal. It locked three days after. And, even after it locked, I was able to get an option change.
I have nothing but praise for Brett & Sonnen no disgust here.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:42 PM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Placed an order in March with Rector Motors in NorCal, was told I would be first for a 16 GTS coupe allocation. Months have passed and neither Rector nor PCNA customer service can tell me if I'm getting a car. The story is that there hasn't been a 16 allocation to this dealer yet. Hard to believe, but okay, am I getting an effing car?. They're on the website, are they for sale or not?
I've never had more trouble spending 150k in my entire life. It's unfathomable to me that after months of waiting for an allocation, I can't even find out if I'm ever getting a car or not. All either can say is that "the order has been placed with the factory but hasn't been picked up". As a Porsche customer of ten years, I'd rather them tell me to fk off and buy a BMW than string this out for months on end with no answers. I could literally get better service if I was trying to buy a Buick. You're either in the car business or not -which is it PCNA? Pathetic.
Sounds like corpspeak....they either really don't know but don't want to **** you off and are thereby stalling...or...it's a sign of their disregard for the customer.

Quick Reply: Anyone else disgusted by Porsche?