Sponsored by:

Worst $24k ever spent / 991 lease 2yr review

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 09:32 PM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

PLEASE STOP
Hey you, with only 471 posts: Who are you to dictate? Are you a moderator?? Why not just leave this string, if you're so delicate!
...sorry, I was just channeling the 'girls' on the string.

None of them have chimed in lately; probably in the bathroom with the door locked, reading their 'special' Porsche 991 catalog. Trying valiantly to get the pages unstuck, just one more time. "...If only those Philistines horning in on our Rennlist knew how perfect you were, Precious, they'd understand! Nobody may insult our Precious...."
Old 06-14-2015, 09:39 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Worst $24k ever spent / 991 lease 2yr review

VALKURI:

You NEVER answered my questions.

What are you driving?

Ever owned a 991?
Old 06-14-2015, 09:56 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman
This is becoming terrible. Why not just forget it. Please stop the abuse as only you folks can impose. We all have opinions. We live in a Democracy that allows us to express opinions. PLEASE STOP
Abuse? What abuse? May I suggest you tour the OT section for a week to harden you up. This is benign, have you been to other car forums? In any case, OP posted knowing full well how this will go, I don't think he is butt-hurt, or anybody for that matter.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,148 Likes on 687 Posts

Originally Posted by Valkuri
Hey you, with only 471 posts: Who are you to dictate? Are you a moderator?? Why not just leave this string, if you're so delicate!
...sorry, I was just channeling the 'girls' on the string.

None of them have chimed in lately; probably in the bathroom with the door locked, reading their 'special' Porsche 991 catalog. Trying valiantly to get the pages unstuck, just one more time. "...If only those Philistines horning in on our Rennlist knew how perfect you were, Precious, they'd understand! Nobody may insult our Precious...."
Yup, this thread continues to deliver
Old 06-14-2015, 10:12 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman
This is becoming terrible. Why not just forget it. Please stop the abuse as only you folks can impose. We all have opinions. We live in a *REPUBLIC* that allows us to express opinions. PLEASE STOP
Fixed
Old 06-14-2015, 10:23 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Wait, I live in the Bay Area AND I have *****. I'm so confused.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:30 PM
STG
Race Director

I didn't forget the Porsche Exclusive option on my car. Please note for future orders.

HAS-BALZ
Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2015, 11:30 PM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You NEVER answered my questions.

What are you driving?

Ever owned a 991?
Seriously?
This isn't a deposition, chief: You don't get to insist upon answers. Really, who the **** do you think you are?

Do none of you realize that NONE OF THIS CRAP IS IMPORTANT? AT ALL. Those of you are so lathered up about what other people think about your Precioussss need to get a life. Quickly. Borrow one from a friend, if need be. They are cars. Motorized vehicles, that are fun. But cars. I signed 114 death certificates in the course of my work last year: Trust me, I know the difference between important and not-very-important. This is the latter.

I've driven a 991. Great car. Excellent value, for $75,000. Not my thing: I prefer the 996, and intentionally skipped either a Turbo or a 997. Just not my thing. Feel free to turn up your nose at my particular vehicle, and go on and on and on and on and on about IMS, and so forth, if it bolsters your delicate self image. As for me: It's a nice car. Goes fast. Better than my 993; not as lovable as my 964. If it is stolen, or gets hit by a garbage truck, or bursts into flame in the parking lot: CAR. That's it. Has nothing to do with my personhood. You should maybe try that approach.
For your information, I've owned an S600, so I'm quite familiar with >$100,000 automobiles that aren't worth the trouble.
My 996 C4S is my fifth Porsche. My first, a 928, was in 1992. I bought my current vehicle because it gives me what I want. A pretty form of brisk transportation.

Have some kids. Take care of a parent with a terminal illness. Try a divorce---believe me, NONE of you know what 'flaming' is unless you've met my first wife. Lose someone to cancer. Then come back, and tell me how much all this s**t means.
You're right: Definitely not the string for me. You go on ahead without me, and discuss important things about your 991.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:44 PM
STG
Race Director

Seriously?
This isn't a deposition, chief: You don't get to insist upon answers. Really, who the **** do you think you are?

You go on ahead without me, and discuss important things about your 991.
If you come on here shouting off comments, then I'll ask the question. I'm a contributor to this board, and a precious 991 owner. Proud of it!!

One small piece in my life, yes. I like cars and a small hobby and escape for me. Same with this board. I don't feel the need to dump my life's problems, blessings, and my personal business onto the guys on here. I just come on here to talk about CARS, get a few good laughs, and also meeting some great car enthusiasts. I've actually met quite a few guys on here who live in my hometown who I never knew before!! Have learned ALOT on these boards from other great contributors.

Let us enjoy our little car escape here without having to deal with "chip on your shoulder/mad at the world" Valkuri. Life is tough my friend, for you and everyone else here. Take it's joys and challenges in stride!

If you have so much going on in your personal life, what the hell are you doing on the 991 board?

Looking forward to life here "without you" as you've stated!

Try this website instead:
Attached Images  

Last edited by STG; 06-15-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:46 PM
Yard Dog
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, never mind.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:51 PM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

Seriously?

Do none of you realize that NONE OF THIS CRAP IS IMPORTANT? AT ALL. Those of you are so lathered up about what other people think about your Precioussss need to get a life. Quickly. Borrow one from a friend, if need be. They are cars. Motorized vehicles, that are fun. But cars. I signed 114 death certificates in the course of my work last year: Trust me, I know the difference between important and not-very-important. This is the latter.

I've driven a 991. Great car. Excellent value, for $75,000. Not my thing: I prefer the 996, and intentionally skipped either a Turbo or a 997. Just not my thing. Feel free to turn up your nose at my particular vehicle, and go on and on and on and on and on about IMS, and so forth, if it bolsters your delicate self image. As for me: It's a nice car. Goes fast. Better than my 993; not as lovable as my 964. If it is stolen, or gets hit by a garbage truck, or bursts into flame in the parking lot: CAR. That's it. Has nothing to do with my personhood. You should maybe try that approach.
For your information, I've owned an S600, so I'm quite familiar with >$100,000 automobiles that aren't worth the trouble.
My 996 C4S is my fifth Porsche. My first, a 928, was in 1992. I bought my current vehicle because it gives me what I want. A pretty form of brisk transportation.

Have some kids. Take care of a parent with a terminal illness. Try a divorce---believe me, NONE of you know what 'flaming' is unless you've met my first wife. Lose someone to cancer. Then come back, and tell me how much all this s**t means.
You're right: Definitely not the string for me. You go on ahead without me, and discuss important things about your 991.
sounds like you shouldn't be on the forum, this is a Porsche forum you know, nothing more, nothing less. a place for guys/gals to discuss there hobby or enjoyment of having a Porsche and not complaining about life struggles, etc
Old 06-15-2015, 01:31 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Seriously?

You are correct, none of this really matters - no argument from me. But the only one who is taking this rather seriously is you, nobody else is getting agitated to your level. The OP posted his review and opinions with a rather inflammatory thread title (his fair right), and he received IMHO the appropriate response based on his first post. As somebody who is divorced you know full well that $24K spent on lease payments on a brand new 911 is hardly the worst spent money ever. So my response was measured by that opening. Sure I was a bit snarky, but that is who I am if I encounter entitled folks who think the world owes them something, in this case Porsche, I fail to see the hardship of owning an (350hp) "underpowered engine", and harsh seats. Mainly because we are all lucky to complain about all of this. While I never signed death certificates I've seen more than my fair share of death in my life, and I agree, **** like this doesn't matter. But also no reason to get upset over. If I offended you in any way I sincerely apologize. I hope you stick around and be part of the community, you meet a great bunch, plenty of tools (naturally), but some might turn into some cool friends. And if you ever find yourself in NYC or Syracuse NY with some time on your hand send me a PM and I buy you a beer.

Regards,
Philip
Old 06-15-2015, 04:10 AM
Shotgun
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Do you have a beige interior? I've heard that the beige interior reflects a lot.

I have black in both cars and the only time I notice reflection is when I move from sun to shade. I went for a drive today in the C2S and focused on this and had almost zero reflection out on the road in the sun. The only thing I noticed was the ring on the SportChrono reflecting in the windshield, but again I was specifically looking for it.
Yes, I have the beige and it looks fantastic with my jet black metallic exterior but the reflection is really distracting! I bought a pair of polarizing shades which reduces the reflection significantly but brings on other problems such as the inability to see LCD displays (Chrono clock), inability to see clear, natural scenery and I just don't like to wear shades all the time. I wonder if a very light tint or something like the Xpel coating on the interior windshield glass could mitigate the problem...
Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 745 Posts

Yes, this forum can at times be brutal but most times very supportive and informative. Most people who spend $100k + on, in most instances a secondary car, usually have hectic daily lives but I have seen numerous people on this forum go out of their way to help on a DIY, be willing to go out of their meet other members to share info or help on a car. This not the average car car forum but instead one filled with high energy, most likely high earning enthusiasts who take this type of car ownership seriously. Maybe to serious but serious none the less.

On to the thread. Some people go to jail for rioting and some for inciting riots. The thread was posted I believe to illicit some type of aggressive response, incite, and what do you know, it worked. I'm paraphrasing with liberties" I think this car sucks and I was a fool to buy it so you must all be fools too". What kind of response would anyone expect who has been on this forum longer than 1 week. This was actually a mild scorching not a full on flame like others I have seen.

My opinion, know what your posting, know the audience (I've walked into a few flames myself) and if it ignites, take it like a man or woman and move on.

Last edited by Penn4S; 06-15-2015 at 09:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-15-2015, 11:37 AM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are great!!!

Quick Reply: Worst $24k ever spent / 991 lease 2yr review