Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Software Version Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018 | 06:47 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gellie
Do the new 991.2’s have automatic updates or do you still need to bring it to the dealer?
It's not automatic.
Old 02-11-2018 | 06:57 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

That’s just silly. On my wife’s 15 X3 you can update the software without going to the dealer.
Old 02-11-2018 | 08:20 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gellie
That’s just silly. On my wife’s 15 X3 you can update the software without going to the dealer.
Your wife's car is not a Porsche
Old 03-10-2018 | 08:47 AM
tstafford
Race Car

All - Can someone tell me what is the latest and greatest PCM 4.0 software version? I happened to watch Nick Murray's recent video and he mentioned getting an update that made CarPlay more stable. I have stability issues with CarPlay so I was wanting to see if a drive to the dealer for an update is worthwhile. Thanks in advance. Tim
Old 03-12-2018 | 09:55 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Default Stealership Rosslyns

Told me $550. To update CPO car. Why it was not updated by the dealer who sold it to me in NY (Rosslyns) is a mystery.

QUOTE=smichael;12286212]I am thinking about putting a backup camera in and was told I need to first update my 2112.5's PCM software from ver 3.4 to 4.0 (press Source and Info to see the current version). Is there a way to download the new version, burn to a CD and do it myself or is this a dealer only affair? Cost? Anyone have an idea what changes come with 4.0 beside making it NAV TEC camera compatible?[/QUOTE]
Old 04-01-2018 | 09:38 PM
fLUNX
Intermediate

sorry guys..
I have a 2015 Carrera GTS and damn loading issue with maps appeared.. for the "first" time to me. (2nd owner)
Tomorrow I will check my software version..
Can I force a "reset or reboot" that make a real reboot from scratch? (I read in this thread.. about a "factory reset"... how to?)
To try to see if the "bug/glinch" is gone...

I thought it was a Bluetooth issue.. I disconnect all phones from car.. and PCM form phones..

But still rebooting after 2 ou 3 minutes... of trying to load maps.

Very annoying... having the radio restarting every 2min while driving.

I will pass at the dealer.. with a very bad face ... and see whats happen... because paying "140K" for a car and having radio issue... never had in any car.. not even for a 1/10 of the price.
The car have only 10Kkm... If the problem is already identify by Porsche.. Are the playing with their Clients?
So if anyone could help me to forcing the reset to check if the "bug" is gone.
I Use waze for navi... dont want to update maps... only the system.

Thank you all.

Flávio from Portugal
Old 04-02-2018 | 11:50 AM
fLUNX
Intermediate

I checked mine... and itīs a 4.74

Could not go to the dealer today.
Tomorrow.
And lets see what will be the "excuses"..

Thanks Guys.
Regards,

Flávio
Old 04-03-2018 | 11:43 AM
Top Jimmy
Burning Brakes

I was just at the dealer yesterday and asked what it would cost to update my PCM and maps. $500 and they would have to order the USB with all the info so it would take some time. Why do I think this is a BS answer after reading this thread. Might have to develop some connection issues as I am still under warranty.

-TJ
Old 04-03-2018 | 12:06 PM
fLUNX
Intermediate

Mine is at the dealer right now...
Hope the "reflashing" the PCM with newer update or same version.. will correct the issue.
But with such time to solve the problem... "rebooting each 3 and half minute"... I think that it will be more complicate...
Iīm under warranty of the car vendor. Very nice guy. I think that he will make it happen with no cost to me.

Will leave comments later.

Flavio

Is it possible to "erase" map functionality... it at least would stop trying to load and force rebooting each time the PCM. And use the radio and media correctly until solving the issue.
Old 04-05-2018 | 07:36 PM
Sapphire
2nd Gear

Hi, I'm new to the group and new to Porsche 911. Just received my 2018 CS2 in January. While driving through town, my PCM asked if I wanted to receive the latest updates. I gave it the go-ahead and I think it updated the Navigation. Later, I went into setup and found a place to ask for an update. I tried it and it replied that I already had the latest version. I think this comes with the ATT connection for $10 / month. I'm considering signing up for the ;update although it goes against my basic instinct to NOT ALLOW a monthly payment.

Off topic. I have been following the list for several months and really enjoy hearing from everyone. So much good/fun information. I love it.
Old 04-05-2018 | 07:48 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Originally Posted by Sapphire
Hi, I'm new to the group and new to Porsche 911. Just received my 2018 CS2 in January. While driving through town, my PCM asked if I wanted to receive the latest updates. I gave it the go-ahead and I think it updated the Navigation. Later, I went into setup and found a place to ask for an update. I tried it and it replied that I already had the latest version. I think this comes with the ATT connection for $10 / month. I'm considering signing up for the ;update although it goes against my basic instinct to NOT ALLOW a monthly payment.

Off topic. I have been following the list for several months and really enjoy hearing from everyone. So much good/fun information. I love it.
Interesting. I too am against monthly payments, but if this is the case I'd make an exception.
Old 04-06-2018 | 05:28 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

The updates that you can download from the menu on the 991.2 models don't show up monthly, they are much less frequent than that. Also, you can use for phone as a hotspot for the car to get these if you don't want to pay for the AT&T sim charge (or if you park close enough to your house's WiFi you can use that too). To get these updates you need an active Porsche Connect Plus contract, but that is separate from the AT&T cellular connection and is included with the car for the first year for free.
Old 04-08-2018 | 07:49 PM
fLUNX
Intermediate

Well... Didnīt really understand.. but I think that the dealer tryed to re-load update of the software, but it blocked.
Resuming... New PCM on the way. (By chance the seller will take charge of the payment)
Hope that will never happen again.

The version was 4.74

Since it is un identified issue at Porsche.. I search and found several owners all Porsche range...
What is the problem? Is it the HDD that die? Does someone know more a little about this?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Flávio
Old 05-14-2018 | 01:11 PM
2000se
Instructor

This is a very long thread, tried reading but didn't seem to understand so maybe someone here can help. I took my 2013 991.1C2 in stating I was having issues with connectivity and such. I asked if there was an update to the PCM and the service rep, stated "I am not sure but I will get your car back with no problem and find out. If there is, we'll load it up"

So I waited for about an hour and the service rep came back saying here's your car. "There was no update for your PCM. Yyou have the latest version 3.43. But we reloaded that anyway just to make sure about your issue"

I am perplexed now??.. Even if they did reload, all my settings were still intact. I did not see anything in the version history with today's timestamp. I would've thought I would've seen today's timestamp in the history and had to reset all my settings after the reload, no? What to do?
Old 05-14-2018 | 01:21 PM
fLUNX
Intermediate

I donīt know what to say.
but if you go reloading the system operation in your PC or Phone.. I guess that it will loss all the data.
Like a "factory default"...

My PCM died.. still donīt know what happen with it.
The vendor payed or it was taken on waranty...
It was no cost to me. I saw the new PCM order from the Porsche Centre.
I confess now that I try to use the less possible of the PCM.
Not very reliable.. for such car brand... and very expensive if you have to pay. (5K)

Quick Reply: PCM Software Version Update