Sponsored by:

GTS Ceramic Brakes..

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:26 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
If in the US, I believe it is 2,000 miles. But just supposed to keep rpm below 4,200, avoid full throttle acceleration, and don't lug the engine. No reason that I know to not use Sport mode during that time. The car will rev faster then in Normal mode and get to 4,200 faster, but just let off the gas before you get there. Not going to hurt anything if you exceed 4,200 briefly. Some would argue to just take it easy for a few hundred miles, then let it rip. I tend to take it easy on mine for at least 1,000 miles, but as I said previously, I used Sport mode on the way home from the dealer in my GTS.
I just love that "in the US" as if the physics or engineering or who knows maybe even the subatomic composition of the car changes as its transported across borders. How does the car sold in South Africa "know" to be fine when they floor it? If an American has his car shipped to South Africa does the car go by the country? Or the passport? What happens if you collect your American 991 in Leipzig where they tell you there's no break-in, so you're redlining it up and down the Stelvio all day, but you get home with only 1,800 miles on the clock. Do you then have to baby it the next 200? Because, you know, you're "in the US" now.

Or hey, the (North American, that is) manual says 2,000 mi or 3,000 km. But golly, 3,000 km is only 1,800 miles.

The whole 4,200 rpm until 3,000 km sounds all nice and scientific- but only until you start asking questions. Then you realize the whole thing is about as believable as Rick Moranis taking Spaceballs to Ludicrous Speed.

Quick Reply: GTS Ceramic Brakes..