Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 RS to 2015 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 08:48 PM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 226 Posts

Let us know how you do on track vs the previous cars.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:26 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Congrats! Went right to work on it. Out of habit I still reach for the 997 e brake too. Is that metallic white? I opted for red gauges and belts. Looks very similar to mine. Enjoy in good health.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:21 PM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
Let us know how you do on track vs the previous cars.
Coincidentally that will be next wkend at Texas World Speedway, stay tuned.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:37 AM
DD GT3 RD
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by C4S/GT3
Coincidentally that will be next wkend at Texas World Speedway, stay tuned.
Great! Let's us know, time difference and subjective thought. Also tires...same different
Old 04-12-2015, 03:10 AM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
Great! Let's us know, time difference and subjective thought. Also tires...same different
I've been tracking Porkies since 2002 and in that time period have only timed myself once. I drive my cars by smoothness & sound and how many times I have to give a passing signal, I never look at the speedo, occasionally at the tach. After each session I self critique myself on how the previous run had been; good, bad or indifferent and will make adjustments based on that.

Tires are a encyclopedia unto themselves, weight of car, ambient & track surface temps, style of driving, pressures, condition of track surface, different tire manufacturers, number of heat cycles, traction control on vs. off etc etc, so this will be very difficult to compare to any of my GT3's.

I hate to flag wave, so here's my 1st time, I've been a PCA instructor for 11 years and an advanced instructor for 9, additionally I'm the LSRPCA DE Safety Chairman. I will report back in a weeks time.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:48 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Very clean rear end with that badge treatment! I see you opted for the Carrera S wheels w/ 5-lugs. Is that because you're "over" CL wheels after the GT3s?

Looking forward to your track reports. Didn't see it in your alignment specs, so did you go with 0 front toe?
Cheers,
TT
Old 04-12-2015, 02:48 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I've been tracking Porkies since 2002 and in that time period have only timed myself once. I drive my cars by smoothness & sound and how many times I have to give a passing signal, I never look at the speedo, occasionally at the tach. After each session I self critique myself on how the previous run had been; good, bad or indifferent and will make adjustments based on that.

Tires are a encyclopedia unto themselves, weight of car, ambient & track surface temps, style of driving, pressures, condition of track surface, different tire manufacturers, number of heat cycles, traction control on vs. off etc etc, so this will be very difficult to compare to any of my GT3's.

I hate to flag wave, so here's my 1st time, I've been a PCA instructor for 11 years and an advanced instructor for 9, additionally I'm the LSRPCA DE Safety Chairman. I will report back in a weeks time.
Was about to throw a red flag at "Porkies" but stayed green and glad I did as you wound up getting the checkered. But, "Porkies"? ?
Old 04-12-2015, 11:38 PM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom Tweed
Very clean rear end with that badge treatment! I see you opted for the Carrera S wheels w/ 5-lugs. Is that because you're "over" CL wheels after the GT3s?

Looking forward to your track reports. Didn't see it in your alignment specs, so did you go with 0 front toe?
Cheers,
TT
Yes I'm over CL's, if you track your car they are a pain, torqueing requires un-sprung wheel weight, two individuals, the re greasing process is an awful job, single point of failure, problems of center splines not engaging, apart form that they look great. Additionally being the LSR DE Safety Chairman I conduct a daily mandatory CL inspection before you're aloud on track, we've had dealer tech inspected cars arrive at the track with the center spline not engaged - OUCH.

Front toe 0.03

Originally Posted by chuck911
Was about to throw a red flag at "Porkies" but stayed green and glad I did as you wound up getting the checkered. But, "Porkies"? ?
Everything I like has an endearing antonym nickname. Porkchop is another.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:39 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks so awesome in white with the black rims and glass roof and blacked out bits. Gorgeous!
Old 04-21-2015, 12:36 AM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Drove the car at Texas World Speedway this weekend.

It's very difficult not to compare to a GT3 or RS, the GTS was never built to be one, but that is all I have to go against. That said, the car handles really well, I don't care for the low end 3rd gear torque there is hardly any, the brakes needs higher temp brake pads, the steering is not as reactive as a GT3 because it really a souped up GT car that is fun on track. The wind resonance in the cabin around 120 mph is awful, to alleviate it I tilted the sunroof open. It won't give that visceral feel of a GT3 or RS. Do I have any regrets in buying it? No, it's like going from dating a wild titty dancer to a HR Director, who's intelligent with no drama, someone you could introduce to your mother. It will do fine for now or until a new track is built and I like driving it, maybe some sticky tires would help, I will never be as fast as I was in the RS.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:24 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 166 Posts

Drove the car at Texas World Speedway this weekend.

It's very difficult not to compare to a GT3 or RS, the GTS was never built to be one, but that is all I have to go against. That said, the car handles really well, I don't care for the low end 3rd gear torque there is hardly any, the brakes needs higher temp brake pads, the steering is not as reactive as a GT3 because it really a souped up GT car that is fun on track. The wind resonance in the cabin around 120 mph is awful, to alleviate it I tilted the sunroof open. It won't give that visceral feel of a GT3 or RS. Do I have any regrets in buying it? No, it's like going from dating a wild titty dancer to a HR Director, who's intelligent with no drama, someone you could introduce to your mother. It will do fine for now or until a new track is built and I like driving it, maybe some sticky tires would help, I will never be as fast as I was in the RS.
Enjoyed your review and thoughts. I was hoping the track guys would think it better competition against the older GT cars. I wonder if it will hold up as well to track use. Did you worry about keeping the revs down for any break-in?
Jim
Old 04-21-2015, 10:18 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

it's like going from dating a wild titty dancer to a HR Director, who's intelligent with no drama, someone you could introduce to your mother.
Best technical review ever!
Old 04-21-2015, 12:39 PM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What kind of alignment machine is that?
It's cool how the sensors attach to the hubs.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:58 AM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Enjoyed your review and thoughts. I was hoping the track guys would think it better competition against the older GT cars. I wonder if it will hold up as well to track use. Did you worry about keeping the revs down for any break-in?
Jim
No, once oil reached its operating temp good to go. I didn't take it over 7000 revs. Some years ago I was told the UK owners manuals didn't require a break-in period only the US for liability reasons, to prevent folks from wrapping themselves around a lamppost after leaving the dealership.

When the RS had an engine swap there was no talk of break-in period.

Originally Posted by lunarx
What kind of alignment machine is that?
It's cool how the sensors attach to the hubs.
No idea.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:27 AM
eddtiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are those LED headlights?

Lovely looking car! Congratz!

Quick Reply: 2010 RS to 2015 GTS