Sponsored by:

Red Leather Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 02:54 AM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
In most cases involving the new 'Black/Garnet' two tone interior, 'Porsche Exclusive' would recommend that if you chose 'Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather' (Exclusive Option XWK), they should be done in contrasting 'Black' leather. And that would also be my recommendation too! The attached photos I took are of a 911 Turbo S, so the deviated stitching & deviating carpet in 'Black' was available & quite attractive! Also discussed here by members who had custom orders for their 991 gts: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-47.html Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
Thanks for clearing that up. But I still assume that option is not available on the GTS correct?
Old 04-01-2015, 07:28 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by shaytun
Thanks for clearing that up. But I still assume that option is not available on the GTS correct?
Correct.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:07 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Seat backs on the 18ways are Silver plastic. I would assume if it's in leather, it would be red like the rest of the seat. Not sure what you saw. Maybe they painted the plastic piece?
Yes, red leather.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:14 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Yup. No deviated carpets or stitching allowed. I emailed Ms. Witek at Porsche Exclusive directly and it's a no go for the GTS. Black carpets would've been better but it's a small price to pay.
Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Can't "deviate" it from standard, but standard is red stitching on the black, as I'm sure you're aware. Looks great. If you could stick the red tach in there it'd look like a GTS interior.

(Don't do red gauges though -- you know better than that, right?)
Red stitching on black only with the GTS interior package. I don't like the red tach though not a deal breaker, but I wasn't convinced I wanted alcantara. If you get all leather black GTS interior you get the leather seats and alcantara everything else but no deviated stitching. Lots of combinations but none is perfect.
Hopefully we're talking about two different things, but I'll try and clear it up.

You said "no deviated stitching on GTS" which is correct.

I countered with "but on the Black/Garnet interior, "deviated" stitching on the black comes standard," meaning all the stitching on the black leather parts is red, just like on the GT package, and just like as shown in your first configurator picture and in my subsequent photo of an interior. So it's not technically "deviated" if by that we mean "ordered specially to be different than standard," but it IS "deviated" if we mean "contrasted".

So just to clarify: On a Black/Garnet GTS, the standard stitching (only way you can get it) is red. This shows up as contrast stitching on all the black parts, and just red-on-red stitching on all the red parts.

Didn't mean to go all pedantic but your last post above sounds like you don't realize that you will be getting the red stitching (but no red tach) on your GTS if you order a black/garnet interior.

Cheers!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:59 AM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Hopefully we're talking about two different things, but I'll try and clear it up. You said "no deviated stitching on GTS" which is correct. I countered with "but on the Black/Garnet interior, "deviated" stitching on the black comes standard," meaning all the stitching on the black leather parts is red, just like on the GT package, and just like as shown in your first configurator picture and in my subsequent photo of an interior. So it's not technically "deviated" if by that we mean "ordered specially to be different than standard," but it IS "deviated" if we mean "contrasted". So just to clarify: On a Black/Garnet GTS, the standard stitching (only way you can get it) is red. This shows up as contrast stitching on all the black parts, and just red-on-red stitching on all the red parts. Didn't mean to go all pedantic but your last post above sounds like you don't realize that you will be getting the red stitching (but no red tach) on your GTS if you order a black/garnet interior. Cheers!
I probably didn't express myself clearly. I totally understood what you meant. I do know that there will be red stitching on the black leather part of my interior. Thanks for clarifying anyways
Old 04-01-2015, 12:17 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

I probably didn't express myself clearly. I totally understood what you meant. I do know that there will be red stitching on the black leather part of my interior. Thanks for clarifying anyways
Good to go!

Quick Reply: Red Leather Opinions