HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 05:14 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,550 Likes on 1,012 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Next "upgrade" would be Bose, and then Burmester.
Wife's first new car had NO radio. She drove around that way for three years listening to nothing but the engine and exhaust. If push comes to shove I'll talk with '12v Nick' about it.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:42 PM
cclcal
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondo1
New member here. Awesome forum! Looking for insight on a :
2014 4s Mahogany Metallic - 36,000 miles CPO priced at $77994
Price new $126,740 - Good options; PDK; Sport exhaust, SC....
WP0AB2A96ES121795
Car has been sitting for a few months; wondering if the color is the issue.
Thanks
I thought I had the same color until I was corrected by a member here, haha.
Mine is Anthracite brown metallic but it's very nice. wasn't sure at first because I really liked the way the car looks in white. But I'm glad I got it, its different and understated.
where is this car located?
Old 01-18-2018, 05:44 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
Wife's first new car had NO radio. She drove around that way for three years listening to nothing but the engine and exhaust. If push comes to shove I'll talk with '12v Nick' about it.

That's the best way to roll
Old 01-18-2018, 07:50 PM
Mondo1
Track Day

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cclcal
I thought I had the same color until I was corrected by a member here, haha.
Mine is Anthracite brown metallic but it's very nice. wasn't sure at first because I really liked the way the car looks in white. But I'm glad I got it, its different and understated.
where is this car located?
Car is at Austin Porsche.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:00 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,727 Likes on 1,465 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondo1
New member here. Awesome forum! Looking for insight on a :
2014 4s Mahogany Metallic - 36,000 miles CPO priced at $77994
Price new $126,740 - Good options; PDK; Sport exhaust, SC....
WP0AB2A96ES121795
Car has been sitting for a few months; wondering if the color is the issue.
Definitely not a color everyone loves, but what's important is that you love it.... If you don't love it, or at least like it a lot, doesn't matter how good or bad the price is.

The 36K miles at the $78K might have as much to do with the slow sale than the color.

http://www.porscheaustin.com/auto/us...n-tx/21569190/

Old 01-19-2018, 11:52 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 449 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by ducstar
What do you think of this deal?
It seems fully priced, if not overpriced, and is not portrayed as a CPO. And it's not a 991.1.
​​​Why Black? Are you going to drive this in Winter? Black will look like crap all the time unless you only drive it only in nice weather. If you don't need a C4S for winter driving, why buy a C4S? You can probably find an equally nice 991.1 C2S for at least $30-40k less, with low mileage. If you do need one for driving in the slippery, you can probably buy a lighter color CPO 991.1 C4S with low mileage for almost the same savings..
Old 01-20-2018, 08:30 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

STG, how low do I have to go before my GTS gets a HTS endorsement? Just lowered to $114,995.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...sm-pdcc-2.html
Old 01-20-2018, 10:01 AM
HODY905
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was any other color than "black" it would be gone! Just my $.02!
Old 01-20-2018, 10:06 AM
Iceman1183
7th Gear

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
STG, how low do I have to go before my GTS gets a HTS endorsement? Just lowered to $114,995.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...sm-pdcc-2.html
Originally Posted by HODY905

To each his own, I think just the straight non-metallic black is fantastic. there's a butt for every seat!!
Old 01-20-2018, 10:23 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by HODY905
Agreeeed. Though it’s beautiful as it sits, as I read that perfectly detailed owners description and thought “THIS is who I want to buy my car from,” I kept thinking “if only it wasn’t black.” I think that’s what’s keeping it in his hands.

Regardless, it’ll be gone to a happy new owner soon. Right now is literally the worst time to sell a car, especially on the East Coast.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:23 AM
Iceman1183
7th Gear

Came across this on autotrader, Does this qualify?? Not sure about how you guys feel about "high" mileage in the HFS thread...

Speaking of which, what do You qualify as "too high" mileage for a 911?

2013 C2s Cab with 40k miles from a private seller in Houston....$125k msrp, for $67500.

MT, but for the life of me I can't get over that beige interior....

http://click.messages.autotrader.com...ab31bf3ccce308

Old 01-20-2018, 11:38 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Default BLACK!!!

Please excuse momentary diversion of this thread... Yes, black is highly controversial (and I know STG's not a fan) but I have to say it's such a magnificent look for the 911. Timeless. Classic. Elegant. And looks amazing in any light/angle (big issue with most every color except most silvers and whites and greys of course). Lots of colors out there but hard to beat black. And non-metallic black is the most pure form. Shines like a mirror. And with modern films and coatings it remains shiny between cleanings. I've gone months without washing, even through drives in the rain and it still shines. (Frequent washing is overrated and even problematic IMO).

Other benefit with non-metallic is that it's fairly simple to blend touch-ups. In my case, I had a 1/8" chip that was touched up. I asked for perfection. Told them I wanted it perfect, and if they had to respray entire quarter-panel to do so it would be fine. They came back and told me because it was non-metallic black they were able to perfectly blend the touch-up, no need to respray panel. They also mentioned if it were almost any metallic or lighter shade, it would've likely required re-spraying quarter-panel and perhaps even the door.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Please excuse momentary diversion of this thread... Yes, black is highly controversial (and I know STG's not a fan) but I have to say it's such a magnificent look for the 911. Timeless. Classic. Elegant. And looks amazing in any light/angle (big issue with most every color except most silvers and whites and greys of course). Lots of colors out there but hard to beat black. And non-metallic black is the most pure form. Shines like a mirror. And with modern films and coatings it remains shiny between cleanings. I've gone months without washing, even through drives in the rain and it still shines. (Frequent washing is overrated and even problematic IMO).

Other benefit with non-metallic is that it's fairly simple to blend touch-ups. In my case, I had a 1/8" chip that was touched up. I asked for perfection. Told them I wanted it perfect, and if they had to respray entire quarter-panel to do so it would be fine. They came back and told me because it was non-metallic black they were able to perfectly blend the touch-up, no need to respray panel. They also mentioned if it were almost any metallic or lighter shade, it would've likely required re-spraying quarter-panel and perhaps even the door.
Some good points on colors!

My old Cayenne GTS. I do like black and have had more black cars than any other. At this point, trying to experience what else is out there

Good luck with the GTS sale. Great looking car and sweet build. I really don't like commenting on forum members cars. Easier to be critical of dealer ones. Less touchy feelings

Just get a deal done. Never say "FIRM". Sits for another 3 weeks and you won't be feeling so firm and will be looking at an adjustment. Just be realistic and look at the market. FSBO vs retail dealer pricing too. You know what the dealer will give you (not pretty), and you're getting a trade in dealer benefit on the tax.

I would start a new fresh ad (or edit current). Some unnecessary chatter in there about the chip, etc. I would mention was touched up as a detail.

In addition to sticker, post build sheet too.

Attachment 1274784
Old 01-20-2018, 02:08 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the tips STG. Re colors, I might do the same and venture to silver or grey! But know I'll be back to black someday if I ever do.

Learned through this process that I have little motivation to sell my car outright. It is quite the inconvenience. Dealers do have it made.

Also re-learned through this process that it doesn't matter how much money you dump into a car (paint correction, paint protection film, accessories, etc.), you recoup zero, or pennies on the dollar if fortunate. Only a handful of people will ever care, and even if they do they usually won't pay up. This is why it's such a value buying preowned, particularly these days with extended warranties going longer then new warranties.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:21 PM
STG
Race Director

Thanks for the tips STG. Re colors, I might do the same and venture to silver or grey! But know I'll be back to black someday if I ever do.

Learned through this process that I have little motivation to sell my car outright. It is quite the inconvenience. Dealers do have it made.

Also re-learned through this process that it doesn't matter how much money you dump into a car (paint correction, paint protection film, accessories, etc.), you recoup zero, or pennies on the dollar if fortunate. Only a handful of people will ever care, and even if they do they usually won't pay up. This is why it's such a value buying preowned, particularly these days with extended warranties going longer then new warranties.

Selling my previous two Cayenne's was very painful. The same for any higher priced cars. I hate selling cars.

The easiest for me?? Previous Honda Odyssey's the wife had. There were like $25K mini vans. Sold them FSBO within days and no drama.

The Porsche's?? Brings out some characters and a lot of headaches and stress. Any car over $90K, and lots of dreamers and tire kickers.

And yes .... these mods and extras return $0

Shoppers are comparing your car to others out there in the market as a comparable. You have to realize, what we think is special and stands out isn't important to most pre-owned buyers. Most are looking for LOW prices. Dealers do have advantages and can get premiums.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991