Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 02:24 AM
twaite01
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I think that silver 2012 in NC seems like a pretty good deal. It certainly ticks most of my boxes.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:35 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
^^^ I posted this car a while back. I think a great buy at that price. Try and get them to CPO it through their Porsche dealer.
Hendrick has "interesting" rules... if the car has been there 30 days then likely the Porsche dealer can sell it and CPO it. Also - For Hendrick group to sell a Porsche at a non Porsche dealership, there is a high likelihood that something is wrong with it. Not always but inspect thoroughly.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:52 AM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Bit of a hmmm-hmmm.

Cheap cabrio, in an odd dealer place and not widely advertised? Scam or dumb?

$57,999 @ 41,000 miles, from msrp $113,000. Out of warranty.

It doesn't have PSP, so maybe that's why it's so cheap?

http://www.benzboyzauto.com/pre-owne...sche-911/95887

Last edited by squid42; 02-06-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:53 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Hendrick has "interesting" rules... if the car has been there 30 days then likely the Porsche dealer can sell it and CPO it. Also - For Hendrick group to sell a Porsche at a non Porsche dealership, there is a high likelihood that something is wrong with it. Not always but inspect thoroughly.
Oh yeah, forgot about that angle. If I was looking , I'd push for a transfer with an agreed upon price with a CPO. Takes care of the door issue too with the warranty. I hear the car has NO issues from what I've heard other than the reported upper door panel slight warping.

With some work, this can pay off for someone!
Old 02-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Greg flier
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Thanks for the refresh. So, is this possibly still on your radar for consideration?
Nope, not a possibility any more. I bought another car which will hopefully be delivered today. If I hadn't bought the other car I would have strongly considered buying it when they called back.

Greg
Old 02-06-2017, 11:09 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Greg flier
Nope, not a possibility any more. I bought another car which will hopefully be delivered today. If I hadn't bought the other car I would have strongly considered buying it when they called back.

Greg
Oh yes, short term memory here. I apologize. Too much car info overload here!! Hard keeping everything straight in my head.

Congrats once again! You got a beauty! I think things worked out in your favor. Please keep us posted when it arrives!

Attachment 1132527Attachment 1132528Attachment 1132529
Old 02-06-2017, 03:20 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 452 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg flier
The car does have a CPO sticker in the drivers side door jam which MAY survive the Chevy dealer sale?
My 2015 C2S has a CPO warranty thru March 2021. It's in my purchase paperwork and its on every Porsche dealer's computer when they look up the VIN. Mine has no CPO sticker on the door jamb. Some dealers may use stickers, but I've not seen them on Porsches. I have seen them on some Lexus. The Porsche dealer I bought from does not use those stickers.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:17 PM
jbarrios504
Intermediate

LOL, that picture is me and my wife. She was like you are obsessed!
Old 02-06-2017, 05:36 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,804 Likes on 1,503 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Oh yeah, forgot about that angle. If I was looking , I'd push for a transfer with an agreed upon price with a CPO.
If there is remaining time from the previous CPO, maybe it could be negotiated that the sale would be through the Porsche dealer which would not wash out the residual CPO... No additional cost to the dealer or customer for a new CPO or the 'Hendrick' warranty. A call with the VIN to any Porsche dealer, and they should be able to tell you the current warranty expiration date of the CPO.

Personally, I'd rather have say six months of residual genuine Porsche CPO than a year of 'hendrick warranty'...
Old 02-06-2017, 10:45 PM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 138 Posts
Default 2013 Porsche CARRERA S 7 SPEED

Does anyone know anything about this car in Houston?:

http://www.garnettmotorcars.com/web/...exas/23299025/

Its been for sale on their site for a long time. No PSE, and higher miles at 31,799. The price is $72,888

Attachment 1132658

Attachment 1132659

Attachment 1132671
Old 02-07-2017, 07:03 AM
1Spikejr
6th Gear

Originally Posted by STG
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...AB2A94CS120710

CarFax looks fine. It's the COLOR, although when I look at any 991, they all look great.

This car must be a record of being for sale the longest in HFS history

Nice build

Attachment 1125086

Attachment 1125087
Purchased this one. Short story. I have owned too many cars and my wife said the next one would be my last. I'm a sports car lover. My last car was a Corvette which I got to drive while stationed in Germany. Autobahn + Corvette = Awesome. Corvette engine and performance were great, the eventual creaks and rattles were not. In 2013 I got stationed in Qatar and a Swedish engineer that lived in my compound bought a 911S in lime gold. The 991 body style had already grown on me and the more I looked at his car everyday the more the color grew on me. I stopped by his house to ask about Porsche ownership experience. He invited me to come back on the weekend and to talk to some of his friends, one of whom raced Porsches (and happened to have the first Caymen GT4 in Qatar).They had nothing but great things to say about 911s and he took me for a ride in his 911. I was hooked.

I have been watching the market for about 2 years now. I started purchased mode about 30 days ago as I am about to move back to the U.S. I didn't want to spend more than $55K so I set my sights on a base model. Wasn't having much luck with my offers and missed a couple of nicely optioned cars at $59K taking too long to research their history. This S model had low miles, had all the options I wanted except front and rear assist, and it was the color I loved. I only saw two lime gold cars for sale the last 2 months I have been extensively searching. The color is rare and adds another level of exclusiveness to an already exclusive car. I figured if they would sell me this car at $62K it would be a great deal and I could get approval from my wife. Wife approved $62K, dealer accepted $62K. I don't get back to the U.S. until the first weekend of March and I can't wait to get into this car. Hope to have it paid off by time I retire in 2020.

I will probably half way solve the missing Front/Rear Assist I sacrificed with the PearlAuto Rear Vision setup.

Anyone know a good independent Porsche mechanic in Huntsville, Alabama for regular maintenance and repairs? Will any Porsche dealer give me the vehicles maintenance history out of their database?
Old 02-07-2017, 07:55 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by 1Spikejr
Purchased this one. Short story. I have owned too many cars and my wife said the next one would be my last. I'm a sports car lover. My last car was a Corvette which I got to drive while stationed in Germany. Autobahn + Corvette = Awesome. Corvette engine and performance were great, the eventual creaks and rattles were not. In 2013 I got stationed in Qatar and a Swedish engineer that lived in my compound bought a 911S in lime gold. The 991 body style had already grown on me and the more I looked at his car everyday the more the color grew on me. I stopped by his house to ask about Porsche ownership experience. He invited me to come back on the weekend and to talk to some of his friends, one of whom raced Porsches (and happened to have the first Caymen GT4 in Qatar).They had nothing but great things to say about 911s and he took me for a ride in his 911. I was hooked.

I have been watching the market for about 2 years now. I started purchased mode about 30 days ago as I am about to move back to the U.S. I didn't want to spend more than $55K so I set my sights on a base model. Wasn't having much luck with my offers and missed a couple of nicely optioned cars at $59K taking too long to research their history. This S model had low miles, had all the options I wanted except front and rear assist, and it was the color I loved. I only saw two lime gold cars for sale the last 2 months I have been extensively searching. The color is rare and adds another level of exclusiveness to an already exclusive car. I figured if they would sell me this car at $62K it would be a great deal and I could get approval from my wife. Wife approved $62K, dealer accepted $62K. I don't get back to the U.S. until the first weekend of March and I can't wait to get into this car. Hope to have it paid off by time I retire in 2020.

I will probably half way solve the missing Front/Rear Assist I sacrificed with the PearlAuto Rear Vision setup.

Anyone know a good independent Porsche mechanic in Huntsville, Alabama for regular maintenance and repairs? Will any Porsche dealer give me the vehicles maintenance history out of their database?
Congrats! Qatar is on my list of places to work one day...

Any Porsche dealer that you have a transaction with should give you a printout of whatever is in the porsche database. It might not be a huge ask to request the selling dealer to look into it. It will break up the anxiousness of waiting for your new toy too!

I too have a 2012.2 and have only a rear park assist beep but no camera. You likely have rear sensors that just beep too.

Your car looks to be enthusiast owned prior... the hint to me was its a PASM car with a SPASM lip. Minor difference but IMO looks much better. I did the same mod to my Cab. I wonder why they didn't do clear LEDs too?

Any other plans? Exhaust, etc?
Old 02-07-2017, 09:07 AM
1Spikejr
6th Gear

R_Rated. It wasn't listed in the description but the dealer stated the front half of the car had a clear bra. I might do an exhaust. I was wondering if the rear wing can be programmed to go up at 50pmh. 75mph is too high in the US. I may look into Apple Carplay but I don't want an aftermarket shop taking my Porsche apart.

I have been stationed in Kuwait the last 18 months. Not a bad tour at all but Qatar was awesome. Wish I could get back there but I've been promoted out of any possibilities of doing so. Can't complain about that ��.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:14 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by 1Spikejr
R_Rated. It wasn't listed in the description but the dealer stated the front half of the car had a clear bra. I might do an exhaust. I was wondering if the rear wing can be programmed to go up at 50pmh. 75mph is too high in the US. I may look into Apple Carplay but I don't want an aftermarket shop taking my Porsche apart.

I have been stationed in Kuwait the last 18 months. Not a bad tour at all but Qatar was awesome. Wish I could get back there but I've been promoted out of any possibilities of doing so. Can't complain about that ��.
You're SOL with apple carplay unless you go aftermarket and forfeit a lot of functionality since everything goes through the factory unit.

The Lip is an OEM part and a much better looking lip than the PASM one. If you ever see it on a Cab then likely a car guy. On a coupe it means lower suspension and SPASM.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:53 AM
STG
Race Director

1Spikejr, congrats on Lime Gold! What was the asking price again? Miles?

Please keep us posted upon your safe arrival back and pick up. How long have you been following HFS? Did you first see the car here?

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991